Thread: Deal of the day issues

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default Deal of the day issues

So there is a brand new item in the deal of the day: Polly... and my first thought was, "oh sweet a new vanity pet to go with the swashbuckler hat, arrr I'm a pirate!" Yes those were my exact words (notice the quotes), no paraphrasing or summarizing. So my issue with this being offered as a deal of the day before being offered in the store is that I had no idea that Polly is actually a vanity shield and not a pet. There is no indication of what type of vanity Polly is on the screen and there is also no was price since it's the first time this item is offered. We cannot really gauge how much of a deal this item is since we have no idea how much the price will jump to after the 24 hour deadline.

While we are on the topic of the 24 hour deadline; I know that during a patch STS decided to make the daily deal match up with CST (Central Standard Time) my clock still resets at midnight PST (Pacific Standard Time) and the deal changes before the timer actually hits zero. It also keeps the same deal after it does hit 00:00:00.

There was a statement by the developer Flip to inform us of the time zone change, but I'd like to know when the timer will reflect this change. I'd also like to know if there will be a change to the vanity icon or a not to inform buyers which type of vanity the item is. I guess one could guess what type of item it is based on what other items are missing, but if you're using a two handed weapon you could have nothing else equipped in the picture and have to guess if the vanity is a weapon or shield, it could also show the vanity and the weapon due to the glitch that has been around for a few months now. One could also guess that shields only show up on the left hand, while weapons only show up in the right. Most of the ways to decipher what type of vanity item is in the deal of the day were figured out as I was typing this out, but it would be loads easier.

Vanity Shield and one handed weapon:

Vanity shield with two handed weapon bug:

Vanity sheild with two handed weapon proper:

Vanity pet balloon:
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-29-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I immediately thought it was a vanity shield. That being said, the description probably could be a bit better. For 30 plat, it seems clear to me it wasn't a pet though. As for how much it will be after dotd, I guess they could have made that more clear too.

Something completely different though, why does the parrot needs to be in such an awkward position when you have a wep equipped? Wouldn't it be cooler if it just sits straight instead instead of kind of hanging there?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I thought it looked more like a shield from the picture

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Just because the bats were expensive doesn't mean that every vanity pet should be over 100 plat. Bats were the first so it's understandable that they're overpriced since there is nothing to compare them to, but I sincerely hope that the second or third pet don't break the bank as well!

I was looking at it more like a falconer and they're pet, but the fact that they are facing forward like that made me think "oh no, my bird is using it's offspring to shield himself!" It's nice that you were able to figure it out immediately like that, but apparently I went another way with it and am going out on a limb and guess that I'm not the only one. This is something for the devs to ponder; I know that they're getting criticized for making descriptions vague (trasher pwnage punch, silver jet pack) to the point they had to release a patch to change the wording, but not before a few players posted a rant thread. Gluttony is just looking ahead into this crystal ball and making a suggestion for the future.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-28-2011 at 08:14 AM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Ehh...

National Talk Like a Pirate Day was September 19th.

These must totally be leftovers.

I could've had a falcon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(I'd love to have a falcon pet, but it might be a bit awkward on my avian.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

i wish it sat on your shoulder. (like that bug thing from SL... i dont play SL much.)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Ok, take your guess at this one:

Not a vanity helm/weapon/armor/shield... Vanity pet? Coming next week: vanity pet rock*

*Ribbon not included, seperate vanity purchase required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

LOL!