Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: XP and Death...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question XP and Death...

Please excuse the question if it's been asked before (I had a look around and couldn't see it), but...

1. Can someone please explain to me how XP is given. In other words, if I kill a mob on my own, does that mob have a specific XP value? What if I kill the same mob with another player in a group - is the XP halved, thirded (?), etc.

2. What happens when you die? Are there any bad parts? Do you loose XP, gold or anything? Or does it not make any difference if you die or not?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Illusionist; 07-27-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    IGN: Spiritualist | Returning player after 2+ years, previously maxed level.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,902 Posts

You get xp for killing mobs 3 levels below you or higher, more xp for higher mobs relative to you. You get slightly more experience for killing things while grouped. When you die, you just get sent back to your last spawn point, and have a death added to your stats, but no other negative effects (at least currently).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thx... but do you really mean "more XP for killing things whilst grouped"? Or do you mean less XP when grouped?
    IGN: Spiritualist | Returning player after 2+ years, previously maxed level.