Thread: A little bit of sadness about Mt. Fang

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default A little bit of sadness about Mt. Fang

I have been playing PL since May 2010. I did not play as hard as many here in the very beginning. Not at all. But I have been here thru many changes (most good) from the Spacetime developers. Always, I felt that they deserved to make money for their efforts and charging plat to make money was just fine.

Now, I feel a sense of ennui and also a bit of a feeling that I am being manipulated, more than I like, into buying that plat. Many games do this and I recognize that it is the nature of economics. But what do I get in return?

Is the game developing? Is the fun still there? This morning I found an email from a PL friend of mine who lives in the Netherlands. He is a great fan of the game but, like many of my friends, has been disappointed with the last couple of updates. He describes it all so well.

Here is the text from his email:

Well, and suddenly it was there, the new update: Mount Vang. Boy o boy, I couldnt sleep for days wondering how it will be to play this new update!
    And yes, yesterday I finally could compare if the game was even so good as I hoped it was. Well, now I’m missing a fart option button for e-mails!

Lets start at the beginning, Once upon a time we all started to play with a small amount of free plat and 2 or 3 free chars. Life was good!
    Fighting our ways in the forest and castles, defeat the bad and ugly, but dressed, Bosses ( Nuri bosses are sometime nude, and I dont like to fight with naked people)
    But anyway, we get our pink and we were able to make some good money. Everybody who was starting at this point could make money and everbody could buy items. Economy was good!

But pitchdark clouds came over our forests and castles. We wanna ran away but we stayed. Couldnt leave our friends alone and we couldnt take our money with us!
    So we fought harder, but the circle of buying and selling was gone.

And in the pitchdark clouds and the dense fog there appears a new Boss. The supreme boss, he showed us his real face. His name was Poor Lord. We couldnt defeat him with arrows, magic or swords. He was only to defeat with platinum and so we did! Poor Lord became a Super Lord, He started a new kingdom somewhere in the Galaxy i heard ( i’m not sure J).

So he started his new empire and forgot our world. When he left us he promised us new castles, clothes and adventures. Yesterday he came back, he didnt brought what he promised. He gave us the same old castles we already lived in and he raised the taxes!

And again he left us behind with only the memories of a ancient time, a time where we stood side by side and where we fought our ways throught new adventures.

But someday the people of our villages will raising up and revolt against these lies and taxes. And maybe just maybe our life would be as nice and beautiful as it was before!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Actona679 For This Useful Post: