Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elixer Chugging?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

In Fang you can do the same -- kill mages 1st. Unless there's a bird in their midst -- then kill bird 1st.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think STS just got lucky, as to how every little piece has fallen into place. With the elixir free trial, and this whole guild update was the best thing sts could have ever DONE! but not because it made the game better or nothing like that lol i meant best thing that could have happen to sts themselves! Before it was more of an individual game where you were competing vs the world thus making the goal of number 1 seem almost impossible. Now with guilds the sense of competition has grown far pass sts own expectations! and as well as making number 1 spot very achievable. All the top guilds have their own sub-guild within their own halls, separating the plat user from non plat users (pay close attention), taking the game far pass a normal level of addiction to a more personal level of addiction. Or in plain english, more desperate!
    So the need to abuse elixirs went from "i cant beat this monster or level i need some help" to "if i dont cheat i will fall behind and so will my guild". Simple as that, look at all the elixirs abusers (what i call "POT HEADS") the majority belong to the top ranked guilds! And its quite entertaining because within their guild spending $ to get ahead is considered good, encouraged and also gives you a status of top player. Mean while when you ask them how much $ they spend for lvl 66 they politely dodge the question because it will break that illusion of elite-ness.....lol try it is fun. Also take note what has happen to the meaning of "good player", today PVE shows no importance as to PVP, in other words PVE is just where you gain xp and drops while PVP is where you show your skills (which is completely different IMO). So with that mind set than ofcourse the sense of needing to be good in regular PVE has almost completely vanished.

Oh and you are correct STS has made all their maps decently difficult to beat but still achievable within reason, but with mount fangs debut aka "mount platinum" that statement renders false. You will die and your mage will too, hell even pot heads die in that map vs some bosses thus pushing the need for elixirs even further than ever before. Try it youll see, most non elixir parties dont bother with any boss and just xp run....

Oh and heres a quote i got from a fellow elixir user that i find pretty funny;
    Guild member: "So any tips as to how you beat aunt emma?"
    Pot head member: "Just stand in middle and blast away"
    Guild member: "I do and i keep dying!"
    Pot head member: "Oh i forgot you gotta be using 4x combo!"
    Guild member: " ಠ_ಠ "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Yesterday my bear got booted from many Mt Fang Crypt groups with reason "4x only". Most groups had elixirs, and when they see I don't, I get booted. Elixir people are so annoying.

I killed the boss on the Crypt level with a mage, and we didn't have elixirs. Everyone else in the group left, as usual; why is everyone skipping the boss? I just have Nuri armor, not even demonic. I carefully time my Beckons and Stomps to keep Edward's buddy stunned and away. Maybe Edward is the easiest Mt Fang boss, no elixir required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yesterday my bear got booted from many Mt Fang Crypt groups with reason "4x only". Most groups had elixirs, and when they see I don't, I get booted. Elixir people are so annoying.

I killed the boss on the Crypt level with a mage, and we didn't have elixirs. Everyone else in the group left, as usual; why is everyone skipping the boss? I just have Nuri armor, not even demonic. I carefully time my Beckons and Stomps to keep Edward's buddy stunned and away. Maybe Edward is the easiest Mt Fang boss, no elixir required.

Soooo true, and the saddest part of them all is that even within your own guild they only accept 4x combo users as well, leaving the rest up to their own luck. But on the pot heads defense, they where desperate enough to actually fork out $ for a cheat code that lasts 60mins; so is only natural that some might feel that the non users are taking advantage of them and their "easy" earned money (Cant be hard earned if they wasting it on 60min cheat lol). Thats the only legit excuse i could give them because 3 people on elixirs is enough for any level, so allowing others to tag along wont slow them down, specially if there are 4 pot heads in one game. If they Still boot with 4 potheads then they are just being A-holes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I buy the gold pots.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It would be nicer if we could play without elixirs but I think it's gotten to where elixirs are a part of the game. I don't mind spending money to support the game & devs but maybe the game has gotten a bit too difficult for players without potting. I know a lot of players claim that they can run Nuris maps easily without elixirs but I'm not so sure I believe that. The regular mobs hit as hard as bosses & the difficulty is equal or more than the Shadow caves! Maybe the Shadow caves were the hardest being an elite dungeon & all those groups of shadow bosses together...ppl would stay away! Lmao.
    I miss the days of Balefort sewers where if you had the top gear (MM,Fury Fighter,Raid Roach) you could do the maps pretty easily without elixirs. Maybe you might need a little help with the bosses. Now you really need to play with full groups otherwise your gonna get a lot of deaths. In Nuris circus, players with the top gear Demonic sets were getting killed by mobs if you weren't running elixirs. I was playing a lot in Nuris Madness & you take a lot of damage from never ending shadow enemies. You were eating tons of health/mana pots just to survive. It's not as fun when you have to spam health pots while trying to sneak in attacks.
    Playing the game with steroids just makes things faster & more enjoyable. I understand everyone can't afford platinum, it gets to be so expensive but seems the game is headed in that direction. The best gear is underpowered compared to how hard enemies hit you, that's the way I feel. I understand difficulty makes it challenging but maybe it's a tad too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Game is fully playable without elixirs. It just takes too long though, because the mobs have perhaps 8,000 hp and moderate dodge.