Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is this the end of scaled farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    As someone who has recently gotten into twinking, I am displeased with this as well. I have spent plat on extra character slots and twinking gives me a break from the normal "grind" of end game. Too many aspects of SL are being adapted into PL when nothing was wrong in the first place. Why change aspects of a game which have worked for a year and a half now?

And I should point out that it's the twink farmers whom have stuck with this game and gotten it to the level of popularity it is today.
    Agree entirely. I see it as devs are trying to kill twinking without making a ton of people POed, since once one controversial conversation about an update dies down, another patch strikes up another. I mean, they get rid of kills on twinks (not to beat a dead horse), give end game literally all the attention, and now scale farming has become a leech fest. I've spent far too much gold, plat, and time making twinks personally, and I know many others have as well, so I hate seeing stuff like this implemented. Like you said, it's been working for over a year and a half, so idk why they're changing it now:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

This change actually mirrors current world politics. A few (farmers) are willing to work harder that everyone else to make a lot of money. The casual majority looks at that with envy, and wants all the same benefit, without the effort.

But, the farmers are a crafty lot. If there is any way to earn cash, they will figure it out. The casual players will say, "Why are there rich players? I thought that was fixed!". And, STS will have to nerf the game again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@csb I like it! But most won't lol never bring polotics into a game. Its a trap. Though I agree 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I truthfully haven't noticed that until now...but I like it XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Now that my main bird, bear, and mage are all 65, i have nothing to do. (i don't do the final grind level... it's beyond lame).

Normally, I would do the scaled farming while waiting for new levels. It adds variety, and keeps me interested between releases. Besides my 3 mains, I have 9 farmer alts with nothing to do. I wish they had some game content for people willing to work for gold. I guess it's just about leveling, and i'm done when I get to top-1.

Now i'm idle until the next PL release, looking for an alternate game (besides SL - i hit the level limit and never went back).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I'm kinda upset my drops are lv61 and 63, I know the value is potentially higher for lv65 pinks because they are the best and can be crafted. I don't need no short term benefit! Glyph IS my short term benefit, its good enough to survive all the way to 65:/

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!