Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:502076
    Fine, I'm at dinner, but some want to see my boring opinion. Via iPod, so be prepared for typos and autocorrect fails.

To be honest, I kind of agree. Though I have different views. So I am going to start with what you said and then branch on to mine.

I know a lot of the community, and I know a lot of people are unhappy. Yeah, you can't make everyone happy, but you can try. STS was very into it when I started. We had STS contests, like the birthday cake contest, the fiery weapons design contest, and the others. Where have you been STS? It's been a while. I sent a dev a idea for a possible contest. Emote design contest. No reply. Involvement is definately lacking. That's why everyone is leeching to Pandar. Nice community guy and is into it. STS has little involvement now a days, because there focus is stuck. They are focused on making recycled campaigns with minor perks to increase quality. They are only making themselves more work. The idea of lose campaigns like that is only making me wish for revamps, which has only happened with Forest Haven and is needed in Dark Forest. I have suggested several times that they do so, with no avail. Power hungry is the wrong word. What power are they grabbing for? Of course like any business, they have to feed their families. I'll contradict myself a sec and say that they are recycling, but they aren't. Let's break it down. They are taking the scenery of Castle content, bricks and such, and putting it into a lay out. They added rooted bosses and, and Rey listened to my idea of adding mini bosses in rooms like AO3. May I ask your sources on their financial situation? I am not trying to be petty, just asking. Like I said, they are focused on old layouts. The faster they release campaigns, the faster they get the money from people power leveling. I don't want to see this game go to level 101, and continue. I would like to see them take their time, and do a new campaign, give it 6 months instead of 3 and in that 6 months, they do a revamp. There is no need for rush. I'm 15, not a business man, so I know they have more logic behind the business industry than I do. They could make awesome content, but yes, they are focused on the idea of platinum. I don't think the In Honor of 1 year of Android was a coincidence. I think it was planned. They made their community happy by doing a half of month XP event, and they would have a increase of platinum sales during then. They figured, instead of ending it, why not Just leave it, and give the reason of Android Anniversary. You think they did the 1 platinum elixirs for money? That's 1 platinum. That's an app on Tapjoy. Also remember they have been working on the Google Chrome version. So let's wait and see what's going on with that. How could those locked games shock you? It's not that big of a deal and you knew it was bound to happen. No one has the time because we are focused on other things. I want to be in this community to make it better, and you know all I want to be is a player, that does as much as I can do in game and on forums in place of the devs. I am on iPod so I am babbling and not reading the comments. There are a lot of things that could fix this game.
    -PvP focus on new maps and styles, we haven't had a new map since shadow caves
    -Ground. Why is it all flat and there is no realistic feature to it.
    -Revamps. Dark Forest has nothing. Let's fix it. We want to help new players. Why not put something in lower level townes and digeons that would attract high-levels.
    -Backround fixtures. I was in AO Towne and all I saw around the edges was orange.
    -Much more, but I don't have time to write it all.
    I hope you you understand where I am coming from and I respect you Lowly as you were one of the people that built a foundation in this game for me. I hope those who wanted to see what my opinion was realized the anticipated comment wasn't that fulfilling. Thanks

-we
    Thank you for the for another well thought out post woundy.

I should have put "for lack of a better word" when I said power hungry, I was afraid some people might be confused with that lol.

My source of sts' financial situation is droid gamers. They have put out a few reviews of sts and they all said sts had an ever-growing source of revenue.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default wow

Cmon devs ive been waiting to see ur reaction! I'm guessing you've already read this thread your just blown away? Or maybe writing a reply to it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Wounded one of things that was promised was the veteran rewards back when they launched the founders helmet. Nothing has happend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree:502131
    Wounded one of things that was promised was the veteran rewards back when they launched the founders helmet. Nothing has happend...
    That wasn't promised, that was discussed. It also wasn't a huge thing, just a small something a few players wanted.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Deleted your thread? noooo devs.
    Ha yeah, for vulgarity.

I can handle that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I wanted it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree View Post
    Well. People want these things, like me also, STS isn't going to do anything if there isn't a lot of talk about it. This is the way it goes. Someone makes a thread, one person, a few people talk about it in the thread and it goes away. No one emails support about it. Support enjoys getting emails to pass on to the design team. I know. Let's see some threads on it guys and we can increase awareness there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sure thing wounded one thread coming up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=noobmigo:502098]
    Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post

I would take a chance to make money...
    But I wouldn't upset the customers.
    There is a balance.
    They just stepped over the line from a perfect harmony to hornswoggling little children.
    That is untrue. You can't prove it. You just upset, not for valid reasons but cuz you not getting your way. People who are hating on this are thinking only of themselves not the game. Don't buy plat if you dont want to. Nuff said.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lowly just said what has been on everyones mind. STS has gone down the crapper ever since O&C came out. I am a casual player now, not purchasing much (if any) platinum. I'd still be at O&C if it didn't turn into such a cash black hole.

Also, if its suggestions people are suggesting us to suggest, then heres a suggestion - Bring back old STS :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo

That is untrue. You can't prove it. You just upset, not for valid reasons but cuz you not getting your way. People who are hating on this are thinking only of themselves not the game. Don't buy plat if you dont want to. Nuff said.
    I partially agree with you and I partially don't. STS doesn't charge for 95-100% of the game, but if you see the kind of plat items and prices there used to be, you'd see how much money has become a factor for sts. I'm not saying sts is bad for wanting money, but money has spoiled a priceless gem.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-04-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Not on everybody's mind. Lol. No one could possibly no what is on the minds of even 1 percent of what people really think. How does anyone know what is on everybody's mind?

How is anything spoiled? I can see part of what you are saying. But this amount if hate is ridic. I bet you most people havnt even read what the devs have said.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-04-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Not on everybody's mind. Lol. No one could possibly no what is on the minds of even 1 percent of what people really think. How does anyone know what is on everybody's mind?
    Everyone I mean "my" people, Idk you sooo Idk your thoughts and hate to sound rude, idc. I have seen so many good players go because of the new sts. Thats the "everyone". The old community was what made this game what it was, thats long gone ('Cept some of the oldies who stuck around, which is major props .)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

This thread will be deleted Monday morning.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

[QUOTE=Aikiebo;502144]
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo:502098

Haha, I haven't bought plat for quite a long while, in fact. Been living on free plat for a while actually.
    I am upset, but my thinking is clear.

You don't just kill powerleveling, the thing that upset so many people, and then re-enter powerleveling for plat.

That's a direct message to me: STS is growing more towards our money.
    Perhaps they didn't want to imply that message. It's indirect anyway.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Well. People want these things, like me also, STS isn't going to do anything if there isn't a lot of talk about it. This is the way it goes. Someone makes a thread, one person, a few people talk about it in the thread and it goes away. No one emails support about it. Support enjoys getting emails to pass on to the design team. I know. Let's see some threads on it guys and we can increase awareness there.
    Por Favor

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    This thread will be deleted Monday morning.
    It's being viewed by two mods right now. The talk here has stayed somewhat civil, no reason for them to delete it yet. but, you never know with sts. They do reserve the right to do what they want with any content posted on the forums. We all agreed to it.

"
    14. Proprietary forums.
    The Spacetime Studios Community is a private message forum. All message board content is allowed at the discretion of Spacetime Studios. Spacetime Studios reserves the right to remove any message board content at will without notice for any reason.

15. Changes to these Rules and Regulations
    Spacetime Studios may revise these Rules and Regulations at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes.
    For breaking above rules you may be warned/banned appropriately!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Everyone I mean "my" people, Idk you sooo Idk your thoughts and hate to sound rude, idc. I have seen so many good players go because of the new sts. Thats the "everyone". The old community was what made this game what it was, thats long gone ('Cept some of the oldies who stuck around, which is major props .)
    Nice to see some of your opinion, even when your location is that :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:502151
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    OK, yes, i totally see what you are saying.

But, lots of us have played mulitple mmos. We know that devs of games have to periodically make HUGE HUGE HUGE changes. Are these perfect that everyone likes, no. But people should stop thinking of just themselves, their groups, their loot and think of the game as a whole.

People want all this stuff from sts, fresh content, low plat prices. Well, then we need thousands of new members.

The people who have been around time should care more about the game then just their own llittle world. Think of the game.

Compared to the changes of some games, these are small. And people are acting like sts is awful, when, I am always, everyday stunned at how really great we got it. We are so lucky. And the only people who speak up are the haters. When people are getting their way, they a lot more silent.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-04-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Good to know the mods are checking in on the buzz, keep this conversation civil and we can hopefully get them to chime in

Down With the Rep

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Good to know the mods are checking in on the buzz, keep this conversation civil and we can hopefully get them to chime in
    Agreed

Let's see some threads on it guys and we can increase awareness there.
    That's gonna get shut down so fast. That is under petitioning, and STS has a zero tolerance policy towards petitioning.

Basically, theres nothing that will change sts's mind. They release a 500plat pet, tons of people bought it, they test run a 1,500 plat pet, oh shhhnnaaggs!! people bought it! the only thing that would change sts's mind is if people stopped spending platinum.