Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aoa membership

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

one question for all you who want to be in aoa: why?
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Well done to the OP for offering their services to help newer players. Just do what has been suggested above and help try to integrate the newer players into the game. Necro's advice is spot on. Don't just stand around advertising ur helping, actively go looking for opportunities to assist, but always remember not everyone actually wants assistance, and be understanding of more experienced players who don't want their gaming experience ruined by chat box spammers. Don't worry about not being noticed as just by posting here and PMing Pandar I suspect STS will be watching you over the next few weeks/months. Thanks again.

Most definately don't want to derail the original posters thread but what you have said Apollo really isn't needed in this thread and also isn't helpful for the understanding and clarity of newer member on the forums, as it isn't a balanced view of the facts.

Could you post where on the forums STS have announced the GoA/SG is dead or is this just your personal opinion? This debate has been run soooooo many times. My view is the COMMUNITY has put both on hold by all the controversial and often childish debates, and until an amazing candidate reveals themselves there simplY wont be any further announcements, as STS now have to be very very selective. The GoA and AoA programmes are totally different, but only my view.

I unfortunately have to agree with ya, the AoA programme needs to be very careful with its selection process, but also the candidates need to be very patient and understanding that selection won't be an overnight thing and that STS will probably take weeks or even months to select appropriate candidates.

I def don't wanna detract from the OP so any further GoA debate should be on an alternate thread. My comments are to ensure balance only. As always feel free to PM me if you think I need pointing in the right direction.
    I'm trying to keep this short, since I'm on a jog, but I believe in Javier's thread, he had a quote from Flip saying something like, "How many GOA/SG do you think we need." Maybe I'm over analyzing, but to me along with the new content coming up, it seems that the GoA and SG are put on hold for now. As for them being sister programs, later when I'm on my computer, I can find a quote from Pandar saying such.

As for the personal opinion how some people who deserve the roles of GoA/SG yet are handed the roles of AoA, meh, that's just my opinion. I don't know how to debate that one without sounding biased. Will think of an argument later, but will PM you it instead, as you said that you didn't want to derail this thread.

Cheers, buddy

~Parth
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onaraasider View Post
    one question for all you who want to be in aoa: why?
    For a similar reason you did, I assume. Everybody has their reasons
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I'm trying to keep this short, since I'm on a jog,
    A JOG??? crikey!!!

Cheers for the response. speak later buddy d=('-')=b
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Woah so many threadz.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Woah so many threadz.
    IKR, changing subject totally. Facebook's just told me, you and I got the same b'day noob. Have a good one.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

IKR, changing subject totally. Facebook's just told me, you and I got the same b'day noob. Have a good one.
    I just set something random for that FB Burfday, I tink.
    Unless I didn't. Cos' me b-day is the 16th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    I just set something random for that FB Burfday, I tink.
    Unless I didn't. Cos' me b-day is the 16th.
    Me too.... Hippy bidet for 16th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Me too.... Hippy bidet for 16th
    Well then, cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Gonna say the EXACT truth to you, and yes it is painful, but I'm gonna be nice and tell you the full length.

1. Do NOT ask for AoA. You will NEVER or have a very low chance if you ask for it.

2. If you're thinking about a reward, walking around with a Party Hat with people mobbing you everywhere is not what reward means. This is not our reward, this is our job. Besides, you should not even be thinking about a reward.

Anyways, best of luck in getting noticed. And remember, threads like these get you anti-noticed.
    Notice how no one who makes a thread on becoming a GoA ever gets in.
    Hint hint.
    I don't want a reward i honestly think helping newbies is fun! I just didn't think I would ever have the luck of actually meeting aoa members while playing on my helper twink. I have only ever met two aoa members anyway

And for everyone that said "shame on you for asking" I really just wanted to know how the system worked... Really I wasn't begging or anything. I completely understand how you guys could think I was though... :-)
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 12-11-2011 at 11:20 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

For all you who want to be in aoa answer this question: if aoa didnt have vanity items or weren't getting vanity items,would you, honestly, want to be in aoa?I know most of you will lie and say "of course". but i want a detailed response and if i believe it i might possibly recommend some people for aoa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

It'd be awesome to be an AoA
    Because when I started playing I didn't under stand anything! Was my first MMO i ever played, nobody helped me out as a noob
    Once I even asked what ping was in like 3 towns & no reply-.-
    Wish AoA was around when I started playing:P
    & to have people now in a guild to specifically helping new players out is pretty cool
    Having new comers joining & seeing a friendly environment would want them to stay & play more, not just get on, get ignored, quit, & find something else to do...
    Also not all players speak only English It'd be wise to have some AoA members that know another language other than English lol:P

Just my thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onaraasider View Post
    For all you who want to be in aoa answer this question: if aoa didnt have vanity items or weren't getting vanity items,would you, honestly, want to be in aoa?I know most of you will lie and say "of course". but i want a detailed response and if i believe it i might possibly recommend some people for aoa.
    Yeah I would my reasons are in here.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...490#post493490

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Well feel free to help, just because ur not an ambassador by no means means you cant help. If you think it does mean that, u dont belong in the AoA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Well feel free to help, just because ur not an ambassador by no means means you cant help. If you think it does mean that, u dont belong in the AoA
    Your very right about that. I was just wondering how I could get in . This thread's purpose is starting to vary greatly from the reason it was started i should stop posting on it now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

As stated in an early post, we are working on having an application, as of now it a process of noticing and approval

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

you seem very serious about not wanting in for the vanity IMO. We will have the application process out soonish, I can't wait to see what you say

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Here is my story of how i got in to aoa, so you all can understand:
    I myself was thrilled with the idea of AoA, it was a great idea, as a newbie, i helped other newbies as a newbie.I didnt just answer questions, i gave tours around the whole kingdom of alterra(at the time i was lvl 30), i gave my unwanted items, and i taught them how to make money.then as time passed,new players began to become more independent and wanted to learn stuff on their own,so i stopped helping and months later(started pl in june-july)aoa was born. i found out about aoa on the day they were choosing people so i wasn't able to get in,but i was determined. I didnt think about people watching and spying on me every second.then i later met a good friend in aoa,Ktpantyhose, she after a day or two saw me helping new players, the way i helped and little frustration. i ended up helping her alot, even though i wasn't in Aoa,it felt like it. i had no problem not being in aoa,it still gave me a reason to help ppl. Then days later i was recommended for aoa and watched by many members(i didnt know they were watching). i met moderator7 and we became friends as well, he is now pandar, the leader of aoa.A day or two later i was entered into aoa,along with a friend named DanielRh. i didnt find out about it untill late at night when siejo came up and said congratz, and told me why.I didn't want to be in aoa for a vanity,but i wanted to be in it to be looked up upon for help.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Onaraasider For This Useful Post:

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

First of all, there is nothing wrong with expressing interest in the group. If AoA sounds like something you'd like to do, that's awesome! No reason to hold it back, I want to hear from everyone who is interested so I can keep tabs on them later. What you should not expect, however, is to get in instantly. It might take a very long time. The reason the current Ambassadors were selected is because they have a long history of helping out new players just because. Saying you want to get in and then help out for a week does not qualify.

This isn't to say "You aren't good enough" or anything like that at all. The group was meant to reward those who already do these things because that is how they are. It is not for everyone, and that is OK. We even had one Ambassador leave the group because he felt like he didn't want to spend that much time helping new players. I have a lot of respect for that.

As far as getting in, right now everything is being done through recommendations. And contrary to what Apollo had to say, it isn't just making friends with all of the Ambassadors and putting on your help face. The Ambassadors are experienced players who can easily spot the difference between a faker and a true Ambassador. At the end of the day, just help out new players and be a presence in the community. Eventually you'll be recognized for your efforts.

We will eventually be opening up applications, so the process may change a bit - but we're still going to rely strongly on the judgement of our Ambassadors.
    Last edited by Pandar; 12-13-2011 at 05:06 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

trust me you will be spotted if you really help