Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We don't want people to buy plat all the time (well, we do but we don't think that is realistic).

We are running a business. We have given you a game that you can play all day, every day, for free. We have to make money somehow or we won't be able to provide this service for you.

The Holiday Content is elective. It is extra stuff. You can earn plat through TapJoy if you don't want to buy it, but it costs us money to run the game, and we have to make money to continue to do so.
    G, you know I am happy to spend plat to pay your team for their hard work. But the Winter Festival in RL is about the spirit of community (metaphorically represented by "light" or "the sun" ) even in the darkest times. It's about faith that the days will not just keep getting shorter because the light will return. In that spirit, I am hopeful the light will return to STS and I wish you and the whole STS family the warmth and fellowship of good company and a tasty feast.

But I am afraid I won't be able to participate in this year's Winter Festival very much. I'll either make a few runs or none. It's just too pricey for me. My Christmas budget put a crimp on my personal pleasure spending. Maybe another time this would have been do-able for me, but this month all my loose cash is going to other people. *shrug*

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post: