Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
Is there any particular reason why you think the GoA program has lost it's luster? I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on that.

Also, beyond just adding more to the group, what would you like to see from the program?
The quality of GoAs has declined with each successive generation. The first 2-3 generations consisted of players like Royce, Physiologic, who were very active. Some of them left. Others, such as Apollo and Ellyidol stayed. These were non-controversial people that most people agreed demonstrated outstanding achievement on the forums. Each successive generation though, saw people who were not of the same calibre. In one case, we had a player by the name of Navygreen who joined, did very little, and managed to earn the GoA within one month, only to never be heard from again. There are other cases, but you get the idea.

Either way, the end result has been that the GoA selection system is no longer a meritocracy. It appears to be something that is quite randomly awarded. I ams sure that it is not, but because the bar was set lower and lower, it seemed like it. Furthermore, there were people who were in the eyes of the community more worthy than say, Navygreen who did not get it, such as Siejo.

At this point, Physiologic's recommendation of scrapping the entire program and making the GoAs regular senior members is in my opinion anyways, the best option. People who are truly passionate like Ellyidol or Apollo or Wounded above are not going to go away and stop being helpful.