Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Trader's Towne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

My idea is more informative I actually thought of this idea that you mentioned about over a month ago! Its called....Craigslist for PL!

You could have a board up in towne and you could go there touch it and a pop up comes up and says

-Search item- (Search bar here)
    -Sell item- You click this and it would go through a list....What item is it? How much do you want to sell it for?(There should be a min. And max. For this so people don't price there items 5 Mil.....Anyways that's pretty much how it would go...Any add ons or feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's an auction house, the same as the markets that most MMO's now have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I was just thinking of a temporary measure either way we will have the auction haus soon enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't know let the creators figure it out.. It could be a big tree with holes and at of the bottom of the tree you talk to a guy who shows you the tour of how to do it.
    Probably Online for buyers and sellers connivence. Both would be cool though..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelova View Post
    I don't know let the creators figure it out.. It could be a big tree with holes and at of the bottom of the tree you talk to a guy who shows you the tour of how to do it.
    Probably Online for buyers and sellers connivence. Both would be cool though..
    Once again, anything bringing up a search facility ingame is pretty much what the auction haus will be. Whether the auction haus will operate as a 'buy it now' facility like marketplaces on other MMO's, or allow for an auction feature like ebay, is up to the development team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    How would you guys design this? Would we restrict spam? How would you decide what is spam? Would we restrict trade?

I think it is an interesting idea, but don't know how we would implement it...

We hope der auction haus will help with it too.
    I dont necessarily think restricting spam is what I meant by saying "cut back". The point I was making is that now that quests have been implemented, its now of interest to players to find people to run through them with, which is seemingly impossible over sale of items. Remember, we have only been without a universal trading area for a little over 24 hours so the idea isn't too new. I couldn't disagree more with mysticaldream seeing as any human on earth visits a store to buy something. A centralized trading area IMO is the answer to less clutter on quest town boards, allowing for more mission oriented dialog. Maybe consider a check box before entering for "Buy, Sell/Trade" to allow for even ratios a little. Please keep the dialog going!