Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Team I've Been In!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:509098
    Uhm, Isn't that a normal thing nowadays?...either people became really bad at this game really fast or I'm just that lucky with parties because until Nuri's...I could say, I didn't find the dungeons OMGWTF hard...you know, Sewers I felt it a little bit, but when I got to Nuri's the first few times I was like, "OK, this must be a joke, what's the secret, there must be a trick..." oh and Shadow Caves when I was just level 50+...but AO, everyone was relatively competent enough...IMO.
    Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.
    Last edited by Cahaun; 01-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:535070
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY:509047
    my bear is 100% STR.
    That generally doesnt work well, while ur practically invincible, ur dmg is so low youll have trouble getting aggro, also ur hit% is terribly low maybe 70% this gives plenty of possibilities to miss beckon which makes u next to useless with the already high dodge mobs in mt fang. I tried this build once, then changed to dex/str (still using str gear) the inprovement was wondrous, the one time pure str works somewhat well is with rift set since it has a 30+ hit% boost
    That's what make class different and balanced, birds have the best damage but the worst armor mages have medium damage and armor bears have a low damage but a very high armor so if they give them more damage they would be the best class but I think they should give bears higher hit% so they can do their job because if you give your bear some dex points its not gonna give him a lot of damage but it will give him way more hit% that's why my bear is pure str (way more armor)
    Actually before the 55 cap mages had the lowest armour, with very high aoe dmg, at 66 a Mage did 536 in one drain with no orb, that's a one hit for a bird, I have never seen a bird do that much in 1 skill shot, dex is actually very useful for a successful tank, the hit% is really necessary not only for the obvious beckon mob skill combo, but also the taunts to hit and the hellscreams, trust a once pure str bear, at endgame u need dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw:535522
    Since my thread has been revived I'll say this: Alien Oasis isn't what it used to be. In the old PL, everyone was at AO, everyone was doing a cyber run, or everyone just knew how to play. Nowadays there seems to be a decline in the quality of players and there aren't enough skilled players in AO to make it a walk in the park IMO.
    Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.[/QUOTE]

Sad isn't it? When the cap was 50 people were going all over the levels, doing Cyber quests, farming pinks, and the gear looked awesome (It was sad seeing the coolest gear get replaced by a lvl 53 orange that looked not-so-good. Guns should be having more damage than a bow! Especially a laser one). Now it's like "Complete Mystery Armor quests while you do continuous boring runs, get to lvl 50 with your toon, maybe get some good gear, skip the cyber quests because it wastes your time, and go on too the sewers..." Just sad. Lots of people just froget to look at the game in a good way. They view it as a competition to get better gear, comparing themselves to others by what they have, instead we should look at it as a way to have fun! Explore! Make new relashionships!(friends) When I was a low lvl with no way of getting past lvl 18 (I had no plat to buy the maps. I later bought EVERYTHING), I had an awesome time just deleting and lvling up to 18 with every class just exploring the game and having a good time! There was the christmas event I saw others run around with their christmas gear and got really excited (still no plat). There were some changes I didn't like. You can't buy "premium" gear like flaming axes or nature armor with gold anymore including elixers. (Now 1.5x and guild hall only). Sorry I just feel alot of nostalgia of old PL. I almost made myself cry.
    Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)
    Last edited by Cahaun; 01-09-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:535560
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw:535522
    Agreed ,now new players just wanna level up as fast as possible and they don't care much about quests and killing boss specially the lvl 45+ just doing xp runs and no boss fighting.
    Sad isn't it? When the cap was 50 people were going all over the levels, doing Cyber quests, farming pinks, and the gear looked awesome (It was sad seeing the coolest gear get replaced by a lvl 53 orange that looked not-so-good. Guns should be having more damage than a bow! Especially a laser one). Now it's like "Complete Mystery Armor quests while you do continuous boring runs, get to lvl 50 with your toon, maybe get some good gear, skip the cyber quests because it wastes your time, and go on too the sewers..." Just sad. Lots of people just froget to look at the game in a good way. They view it as a competition to get better gear, comparing themselves to others by what they have, instead we should look at it as a way to have fun! Explore! Make new relashionships!(friends) When I was a low lvl with no way of getting past lvl 18 (I had no plat to buy the maps. I later bought EVERYTHING), I had an awesome time just deleting and lvling up to 18 with every class just exploring the game and having a good time! There was the christmas event I saw others run around with their christmas gear and got really excited (still no plat). There were some changes I didn't like. You can't buy "premium" gear like flaming axes or nature armor with gold anymore including elixers. (Now 1.5x and guild hall only). Sorry I just feel alot of nostalgia of old PL. I almost made myself cry.
    Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)[/QUOTE]

Ikr when I did it posted the whole thing so it was way too long so I deleted your quote for the guy you commented on and well that's how it came out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Not again ,this is starting to get annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw:535678
    You can do it! Now try to multi-quote lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:535696
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw:535678
    You can do it! Now try to multi-quote lol
    It's annoying because it takes too much space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    I'm mostly str bear, but do use dex. My best team has got to be with tegasthemain and suntv back in Nuri.
    Aww thanks you also rock at nuri :-) my best team was back in the sewer days with suntv, xandrok, lilaskye, kylarordan, n josephjackson. We powned in sewers it was awesome
    Last edited by Tortega; 01-10-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Personally I enjoy using my bear in a tank role. And I agree that there seem to be not too many who really know how to use basic tactics to effectively tank. I think bears in general require more learning and are less fun for a lot of people because they'd prefer to be the ones doing the big damage, not playing defense. It's a bit like football....everyone wants to be the quarterback, but the team needs some offensive linemen to do the blocking.

I've found a pretty decent build for my bear. It's not exactly a traditional dual spec, but does have enough to use dex gear. This makes it a "lopsided" build that tilts towards str, making for a good tank which is what I spend the majority of my time doing. But, since there's enough dex too, I can always switch to damage output if the situation calls for it. When I get in a party with another bear who's tanking well, I will usually just switch off to my dex set to avoid colliding on tank tactics. Although I must say I find it a lot of fun to play a cooperative tank role with another bear who knows how to do it well. That's probably the most fun way to play for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I have to say my most satisfying run ever was when I was running DF, and some Newbies Joined. I told them the whole strategy of DF1 farming, and they used it! We were done in less than a minute they were so fast! And then, when we killed silknight, one of them got a purple ! It was so awesome watching them!
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Nice teams!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw View Post
    Edit: the way you quoted me looks like you said what you quoted (@_@)
    One word: = Elixirs