Thanked in
    3 Posts

I really like the idea, count me in!!

And if it is a matter of money make it 3000k a year, Im in anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

The case of the one year elixir sales on plat would go up in the beginning of each year then down for the rest of the year as players see that it's cheaper for them in the longrun to buy the two thousand one for a whole year. If all the hardcore players buy it I think sts might lose money cuz once u have it its pointless to buy any other elixirs IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Playing Devils advocate: Could that cause the new content to be much harder rendering the effect of elixirs almost nil while making the game extremely difficult for folks not on elixirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    4,000 for life? I would not play this game if players could purchase a permanent stat bonus for insane amounts of platinum. It totally ruins the whole idea of not needing to spend a dime in the game, even though that in itself is a flawed concept.
    You got a point here. This change could potentially widen the gap between plat spenders and non-plat spenders even more than it currently already is. It could potentially mean a lot of people would quit, because they feel they can't compete without having to spend real life money. This would cause the opposite effect as to what the OP is presenting.

As for people logging on more when they would've bought this type of elix, I'm not really sure about that either. Sure they would, at first, until the 'new' wears off. It remains to be seen how much it actually would make people log on more as opposed to make people leave because they feel at a disadvantage just because they won't buy plat.

As I said already, I really like the idea but, for the reasons I mentioned in this and my last post, I seriously doubt it will benefit either STS or the entire community in the long run. But that might just be me
    Last edited by JaytB; 01-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If we are looking to encourage more log in's, wouldn't this counter-act that? If you want players to continue playing, then putting them onto the fast track to end game seems silly.

To me, the entire elixir system seems flawed. Spacetime says they are optimal content and do not need to be purchased, but lets be honest, how boring is it to run mount fang without elixirs? It is almost like the mobs were made to be easy, but slow to kill without them. When elixirs are introduce, you can clear mobs really fast and not much of a change in difficulty.

Spacetime might as well sell exp for platinum, that is essentially all elixirs are doing in most cases. In fact, some people might prefer that, because grinding isn't for everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Playing Devils advocate: Could that cause the new content to be much harder rendering the effect of elixirs almost nil while making the game extremely difficult for folks not on elixirs?
    It probably will.

But I don't think that is a big problem. They will just run along with games with elixir runners tolerant enough not to boot.

One benefit of a year long elixir is that there's much less incentive to get the most out of that hour by booting non-elixir users. However, yes, there will be an even greater segregation than before between elixir and non-elixir games.

My solution: Whenever a host creates a game, they should:

1. Elixir and non-elixir uses welcome
    2. Elixir only (elixir hosts only)
    3. Non-elixir only (only available if player doesn't have an elixir)

I think though under the circumstances, the "lesser evil" argument comes into play. Non-elixir users probably are not that big a source of platinum either for STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    If we are looking to encourage more log in's, wouldn't this counter-act that? If you want players to continue playing, then putting them onto the fast track to end game seems silly.

Not at all. End game farming is a very big event in PL. So is PvP. I don't know how much experience you have in either, but PvPers don't want to spend all their days farming. They get no joy from PvE - they want the cap ASAP and end game gear ASAP to return to the comparatively more interesting world of PvP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This does sounds tempting, not going to lie.

But maybe it is just me, 1 year commitment for a mobile app and $100 bucks. This however would make me want to farm more - play pve, and it would provide a sense of security that my main at least would always, in that year, meet caps and quickly. Another thing is... A lot of kids play this game and $100 bucks could be a lot to them, not to mention many adults as well.
    On the fence with this one, but it is an ingenious proposal that could do a lot for the game but have potential problems.
    What if a player purchases then quits, gets banned, loses their account, phone, moves, gets a gf, starts working more, school etc. then this would create a refund controversy, even though sts does mot refund plat for money. Many complications. Hmm
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

What people are basically asking for is another app:

Pocket Legends - Easy Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    What people are basically asking for is another app:

Pocket Legends - Easy Mode

God Mode for 5K plat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    This does sounds tempting, not going to lie.

But maybe it is just me, 1 year commitment for a mobile app and $100 bucks. This however would make me want to farm more - play pve, and it would provide a sense of security that my main at least would always, in that year, meet caps and quickly. Another thing is... A lot of kids play this game and $100 bucks could be a lot to them, not to mention many adults as well.
    On the fence with this one, but it is an ingenious proposal that could do a lot for the game but have potential problems.
    What if a player purchases then quits, gets banned, loses their account, phone, moves, gets a gf, starts working more, school etc. then this would create a refund controversy, even though sts does mot refund plat for money. Many complications. Hmm
    Not to mention if the people that spend $100 or more per update started buying these it would cost STS a fortune.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Have to admit I was sitting on the fence with this one but after a few moments of thought decided it sounds like a really good idea. As far as my playing goes by the time of the next update I will have 5 chars to cap. The 2000 plat a year deal plus 500 per additional character sounds like a dream come true! I must definitely spend this amount on a regular basis. However what to do with my other 18 twinks? I can't possibly buy them all a years subscription! Would still need the option to buy individual elixirs unless there was a grand lifetime account elixir? I would be very tempted to buy that.

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think that this is a great idea. I certainly would buy it. I spend about 800 plat per level cap increase, but I know other people spend more. I think the benefits would be awesome, not having to leave maps, not having to restock or do any of that annoying stuff.

For people who say it will increase the gap between plat/non-plat... well the gap is already there. The people who would buy this are the same people who already spend all PVE time potted anyway, so it wouldn't be any different. This gives me an incentive to play, and even if I don't, STS is going to have my 2000 plat. In the current system I have to play to buy them, so if I don't play they won't get any money. Its like locking yourself in to a long-term commitment.

Another argument... people won't spend as much, because they will buy this even though they would have bought more platinum to use elixirs in the pricing scheme they are at now. I disagree with this, people who buy the 2000 plat option will still need and still will buy plat for things like respecs, DOTD, vanity, rings etc. Also, with this shift to the new pay-per-play boss stomps, I and many others would probably use our year long elixir and buy the pay-to-play maps to do the farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Yeah this is absolutely perfect. Now we can have 3x more elitist, rich noobs with daddy's credit card wrecking the game for us regular players.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adidaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    Yeah this is absolutely perfect. Now we can have 3x more elitist, rich noobs with daddy's credit card wrecking the game for us regular players.
    Oh, hello there flamer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    Oh, hello there flamer.
    Hello I prefer "truth that no one else has the guts to say for the fear of being hated"er. Flamer works too though

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like Drew and Stomp's idea better. Why the measely 3x mode? If we are going down this route, might as well give us a God or "Dev" mode for some outrageous amount of plat. You know, 9999 xp, 9999 damage, 9999 regen, 9999 armor, and all that. No skills, strategy, or time needed -- just buy your way to 133t-ness. Instant gratification, baby!

Sarcasm aside, the number of crappy players using thrasher elixers as a crutch is already bad enough. If you thought the Mynas and Keeper gens were bad, the 365/24/7 thrasher-gen will be much worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

You realize that there are a lot of people who are working full time right? Not everybody is a teenager here and not everybody here is spending daddy's money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    I like Drew and Stomp's idea better. Why the measely 3x mode? If we are going down this route, might as well give us a God or "Dev" mode for some outrageous amount of plat. You know, 9999 xp, 9999 damage, 9999 regen, 9999 armor, and all that. No skills, strategy, or time needed -- just buy your way to 133t-ness. Instant gratification, baby!

Sarcasm aside, the number of crappy players using thrasher elixers as a crutch is already bad enough. If you thought the Mynas and Keeper gens were bad, the 365/24/7 thrasher-gen will be much worse.
    That's not my goal. I've already indicated my goal. To enable players to save money while hopefully increasing net platinum sales.

There are already permanent noobs in the game. And if there are permanent noobs created, at least they'll be on elixir the whole time. Even so - noobs with elixir > noobs without them in terms of usefulness. Noobs without them are worse than useless in a party - they get themselves killed and blame the others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Maybe 5000k. There's a plat package for 2000k plat for 89$ so you're suggesting 89$ for a year subscription?

2000K/89$ seems too low for a year to me.

Not to mention I think it's absolutely absurd to have a HUGE advantage over everyone yearly.

I think they should up all their current prices for plat by 50%-100%. Making it extremely costly for people to gain advantage on others.

This idea is HUGELY a bad idea. Financially for STS and not to mention respected gamer community rep. This idea has NO BENEFIT to anyone other than the OP with daddy's credit card & all the rest that need/want an advantage over the regular public.

Can't seriously believe all you would even ENTERTAIN this idea. You obviously haven't looked at the long term repercussions!
    Last edited by Battlelock; 01-19-2012 at 09:33 PM.