Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ability to buy platinum with gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Ability to buy platinum with gold

Ability to buy platinum with gold

Am I the only one who thinks this way? Seriously this is a nice game, but is it worth to pay money for leveling up? You call this game a free game, but you cant pass lvl 13. You can't do anything on lvl 13, besides killing the mobs and get no xp.

Other players are already lvl 45 with cool stuff, maybe they can afford it. But not everyone can pay a few dollars for this.

It would be realy nice if we were able to buy platinum points with gold that we earn/make in the game itself. This way it would be more challenging. This is the only game I play on my Iphone. Normally I play on my xbox 360 or my pc.

I have two characters now at lvl 13. But I realy want to play the other episodes. I am not the only one who thinking this. Friends of mine also quit because of this.

Please dev team, can you work this out. Or atleast 2/3 episodes free..

Thanks,

(Sorry for my bad english)
    Last edited by Dsky7; 08-15-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can understand where you're coming from but it's not going to happen, platinum is the only thing in this game that brings a cash return to the developers, if they made the whole game free they couldn't pay themselves to make it & run servers for you to play on.

Fully fledged MMOs require a subscription fee, this one is very cheap in comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from but it's not going to happen, platinum is the only thing in this game that brings a cash return to the developers, if they made the whole game free they couldn't pay themselves to make it & run servers for you to play on.

Fully fledged MMOs require a subscription fee, this one is very cheap in comparison.
    Yeah the only way that the devs can keep this game going is if they are making money and the only way for them to make money is for us to buy platinum.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know what you mean, but come on. Is this game better than World of Warcraft for example? Its just for the iphone.. not even great gameplay. If you pay for World of Warcraft it is acceptable, you get what you give.

This game does not even have many content..
    You need to pay 15$ to get all the packs for this game. Seriously is that worth it....?

Atleast... make one or two episodes free right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay maybe more than one game should be free but they still gotta make money
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know and I respect that, but you can still make a lot of money with the other things you can buy.
    for example..

If poeple are trying this game out.. and they only can play to lvl 13. they havent seen anything yet. Only the forest + the castle all the time. So most of the poeple will quit right after. And the dev team will lose customers.

If you make atleast 1-3 areas free poeple will get the point of paying to play more. Because they have seen enough of the game and want to level their characters up.
    So they wil not lose them. And only more poeple will come.

Honestly I tell you that I wont pay a $ for the game. Only if we have the chance to experiense some other areas. The rest of the DLC I ill buy for sure. But at this way not.

Am I right? tell me if thats complete wrong.
    Last edited by Dsky7; 08-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts

I realize it's hard to distinguish between a free client download and an unrestricted game. We're trying to find ways to solve that.

You should be able to play Dark Forest which will get you to level 18. We gave Dark Forest to everyone Friday.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dsky7 View Post
    I know and I respect that, but you can still make a lot of money with the other things you can buy.
    for example..

If poeple are trying this game out.. and they only can play to lvl 13. they havent seen anything yet. Only the forest + the castle all the time. So most of the poeple will quit right after. And the dev team will lose customers.

If you make atleast 1-3 areas free poeple will get the point of paying to play more. Because they have seen enough of the game and want to level their characters up.
    So they wil not lose them. And only more poeple will come.

Honestly I tell you that I wont pay a $ for the game. Only if we have the chance to experiense some other areas. The rest of the DLC I ill buy for sure. But at this way not.

Am I right? tell me if thats complete wrong.
    I think the lvl 13 characters do have a sense of curiosity, they do however get to see some of the gear, if they really like the game, they will be willing to pay to see what's ahead. World of Warcraft si uncompairable to this game. It has a different kinda style and payment type. If you don't wanna pay, don't pay. You are missing out on a lot though. The devs need to make money to supply us, keel the business running, and have money to themselves. Gold would mean nothing to them. Also, you now actually do get. Taste of alien oasis. Make a new character and see where it launches you at. Yes it may be confusing to some players at first, but they might crave the style of the taste they got of alien oasis. They start off with forest haven, but if you look at the prices on the later expansions, you will see that they are 80% off or so for the lower level expansions, making them about 1 dollar. If someone really gets hooked after the level 13 cap teaser, they will be willing to pay more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I realize it's hard to distinguish between a free client download and an unrestricted game. We're trying to find ways to solve that.

You should be able to play Dark Forest which will get you to level 18. We gave Dark Forest to everyone Friday.

-ALS
    I checked it twice and I dont have Dark forest. Would be nice if I you can still add it to my account. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I checked it twice and I dont have Dark forest. Would be nice if I you can still add it to my account. Thanks
    When you hit new game, look for a game going on in the dark forest. Most likely there are just more games going on in forest haven than dark forest. Also, make sure the box for PvE is checked instead of Townes, if it is Townes that is checked you are most likely seeing a ton of forest haven towns running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    When you hit new game, look for a game going on in the dark forest. Most likely there are just more games going on in forest haven than dark forest. Also, make sure the box for PvE is checked instead of Townes, if it is Townes that is checked you are most likely seeing a ton of forest haven towns running.
    It says purchase so..I dont have it I am sure. I created this account saturday so that's the reason I think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It says purchase so..I dont have it I am sure. I created this account saturday so that's the reason I think?
    Hmm, that all depends whether the devs made it free, or gave it to members from Friday and/or before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, that all depends whether the devs made it free, or gave it to members from Friday and/or before.
    You're right. My question to the dev team is can I have it anyway on my account so I can experiense that. Like the others?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You're right. My question to the dev team is can I have it anyway on my account so I can experiense that. Like the others?
    If they did this to you, they would have to do it to all new comers. It says purchased so you should be available to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they did this to you, they would have to do it to all new comers. It says purchased so you should be available to play it.
    It isnt purchased. I didnt say that. It says you need to purchase it. My bad english I think. Anyway I already had an account months ago but I didnt play it. So I didnt remember my account name, Thats the reason why I made a new account.

So if they gave it friday, I appreciate it alot if they can give it also to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's great! I still saw great new players stuck on level 13 and I think it would be great for them to get level 18. Also it would be nice for the level cap raised to 55 or 60.
    Sorry for off-topic discussion.

Thanks Devs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1 platinum = 100k gold. Yeah?

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Asommers.

I appreciate the fact that you guys have given people the Dark Forest Campaign. I almost think THAT'S unfair since I, as well as the others I normally run with had to pay for it, but I understand wanting to increase the popularity of the game, and keep people interested.

I don't understand what the issue is here. If you like the game and want to play beyond level thirteen/eighteen, what is the big deal with compensating the DEVS for their ingenuity? Not wanting to pay to play the new content is like going to an arcade with a nickel and expecting a lifetime of entertainment.

You can and you can't compare PL to WoW. Part of what makes PL unique is its mobility. Games like WoW, Starcraft, Aion, Warhammer, FF, Runescape, et.al., have the manpower to support their regular and RECURRING monthly subscription fees, and surcharges. I suggest you do a bit more research. If you know, and understand the situation with Pocket Legends, and respect what the DEVS are trying to accomplish here, this should be a no brainer.

Think about how much you spend on those subscription games ANNUALLY (and go ahead and add on limited edition stuff, collectible mounts and other vanity items, PVP Tournaments, character renaming/gender changes, realm switching, having more than one account, money you spend to maintain Ventrilo/Teamspeak servers for raid groups, buying and selling in game currency, guild websites and domains, etc.) , versus what you insist is "too expensive" for PL on the same annual terms. Pocket Legends is WAY less expensive than those games, and you can play it on-the-go, anywhere.

Pocket Legends is an expensive alternative to MMOs. If you don't want to pay to play, I guess that's YOUR LOSS. The developers are always offering campaigns and campaign bundles at discounted rates here and there. Consider taking advantage of some of those?

"I ain't nice all the time." JG, 2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have paid nearly a hundred dollars and i do not regret any purchase. all this money is going to wellminded developers who strive hard to bring us a game and do what they love. without money, they wouldn't have the power to continuer to make this game fun, and we would have even more noobs complaining and crap like that. it's a simple choice really. either pay for maps and play like others, decide it's not worth it and quit, or be content at 13 and stop whining. I'm sure you've bought other apps before, and a dollar for a map is not that expensive. I pay twice that for a soda. if you don't buy apps, well you're cheap enough to go play some other demo anyways.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely worth the money. Most in-depth game on the iPhone, also it's entirely server-side which creates a decent overhead for the developers.

I am very impressed with Spacetime Studios leading the way in the Hand-held MMORPG field. My only regret is that I bought the 135 Plat instead of the biggest pack they offer.
    boonce.org - Free Image and File Hosting