Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My beef with SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

If you join a tier 3 guild stimpacks are cheaper. 100 for 750 in game creds :-)
    Also many players are carrying loads of stims, why don't use ask if they mind lending you some.

Have fun and enjoy the game ;-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

OP has some really good points

When grinding on Biosphere, you could just sit back, watch a movie, grab a drink and play without actually looking at the screen... something that is impossible to do on any map in voleria
    if you compare the number of biosphere runs and the number of voleria runs going on its as if everyone gets to voleria and vanishes

The problem is very apparent if you keep running with PUGS, people keep dying and leaving eventually, lose patience when someone has to lug explosives, lose patience midway into boss battles, keep stepping on mines... it can get chaotic. Not that good runs are not available, they are, but these tend to splinter sooner than the previous few caps...

there is a sudden dip of prices in the new cap, but apart from the cap items, the drop rates seem to be at their logical levels at least with this time around, its just unfortunate that the patch notes dont list how the drops change, so there is no official word on that

merching is cool, but not everyone likes to indulge in that or waste time camping near the ah when they could just be playing. at least in the slouch-o cap you could attempt to drop all parts of a crafted set, something that is impossible to do on the new caps, wonder why this changed
    Last edited by Slant; 02-21-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:574409
    So, I'm kind of new to Star Legends. Well, I played quite a bit when it was first released, but stopped after capping at 26. Recently, I tried picking it up again while waiting for the new PL content to take a break from constant fang runs.

I have some major, IMO, complaints about the dynamic in SL. I'll list them:

1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims. This has to be fixed IMO. At least give better value for liquidating items.

2. The drop rate for valuable items are way too low.

3. Voleria is a huge bust. And not because the content is bad. Its because of the people playing it. I'm not sure, maybe this has something to do with the gear that is available (i.e. farming options), but it is near impossible to join a game in Inner Core or Planetary Mantle that is looking to finish the map. Probably 29 of the last 30 games I joined run through the first leg and remake to grind XP.

4. Grinding 28K xp is harder in Voleria than 100k in Mt Fang in Pocket Legends. Why? Because its so boring due to item 3. I just can't bring myself to grind the XP. Sure, grinding by definition is boring, but when there is the possibility of maybe picking up some good gear it can be interesting.

5. Crafting gear is near impossible for a lot of people because the cost is such a limitation. 35k credits for 1 recipe? Come on. You know how long it takes to build up 35k credits? I feel sorry for the folks that are selling this gear for less than cost of the recipe. Still, not enough ig currency.

These 5 things, I've found, are the things that are really limited the enjoyment of the game. If you want the game to thrive, you need to address the fringe fan more so than the hardcore fan. That's an unfortunate truth. And as it stands now, its not that much fun for the fringe fan.
    Good ideas!
    Star legends should be
    games that can make the players happy and satisfying like pocket legends

many players make the game more lively

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@OP lol
    I didn't mean to sound defensive. Maybe I shud say ur xp run complaint with SL is the same as mine for PL. the difference is I didn't include it in a thread complaing about PL.
    Are those AO3 pink guns worth something now? If so, I'm rich.
    And my favorite: you complained about the price of stimpacks leading me to believe that you use them, just like everybody else, that is def not a judgement of the way u play. I suspect they are expensive by design so that we need to adjust our gameplay and spending habits if we came from PL.

Do you really want the exact same game as PL with a different "look"?

Bears... IN SPAAAACE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post

1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims.
    It's harder to come by credits so they are more valuable
    It's just like how 1 USD equals to 30 NTD
    How does that make the economy terrible

And just buy stims from people not vending machines
    Or just accept death and not buy stims
    One credit is what makes a million credits.
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anishavie View Post
    just accept death and not buy stims
    Lol

this is... SPARTAAAA! Oh.. Wait.. VOLERIAAAA!
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Free stim farming = run the lower maps with 5 stims, everytime you reach 25 stims stash 20 and repeat. Problem solved. That way you don't pay any for stims. Of course that takes time, that's the cost of free

No if, ands, or but's. The liquidate rate is too low to not sell in auction. Sorry I would be broke if I scrapped everything I didn't need that was dropped to me. It is a part of the game some may not have interest in but even in pl if you dont sell anything, you really can't buy good stuff easily.

The economy is fine here and if it was changed I would still think its fine. But don't be surprised if it were changed that something that was for sale at 1000 creds becomes 25,000 creds and it is still too much to buy easily.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilasoul View Post
    Good ideas!
    Star legends should be
    games that can make the players happy and satisfying like pocket legends

many players make the game more lively
    Exactly... and that's my point. The point would not be to diminish what the "hardcore" players strive for. But to keep people interested that are not as hardcore.

I'll tell you, the single most frustrating thing I deal with is dying so often because its so difficult to stockpile stims (I'm Op by the way). Most likely this is a result of the engis in the game.

I'm not really talking about having access to end game gear. The only reason I brought drop rate up was because of value to be able to earn more credits to stockpile some stims. Nobody wants to run a map, dying 15 times. I'll tell you, this will drive a LOT of people away. I'm talking about something as simple as buying stims to keep from dying so often.

And what happens, as Slant mentioned above, people get frustrated and leave maps. Even people that aren't dying will leave because its taking too long.

I dont know if its because people stay away from Engi because they are so underpowered or if they have the same problem with stims and dont want to use their healing/reviving ability as much. But I've only found a handful of engis that take on the role well. In hindsight, I kind of wish I had started with that class instead of Op. Unfortunately I do not have enough time to dedicate to a second SL toon.

Maybe its because I started in PL, but I love the way the economy in PL is. It can get crazy at times (new campaigns) but when its steady state its great. Just personal opinion I suppose.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
    @OP lol
    I didn't mean to sound defensive. Maybe I shud say ur xp run complaint with SL is the same as mine for PL. the difference is I didn't include it in a thread complaing about PL.
    Are those AO3 pink guns worth something now? If so, I'm rich.
    And my favorite: you complained about the price of stimpacks leading me to believe that you use them, just like everybody else, that is def not a judgement of the way u play. I suspect they are expensive by design so that we need to adjust our gameplay and spending habits if we came from PL.

Do you really want the exact same game as PL with a different "look"?

Bears... IN SPAAAACE!
    No, I'm not saying it should be the same. However, the PL model I think is great. And what I mean is that SL can adjust in that direction. It doens't have to be the same, but it doesn't have to be so far in the other direction either.

I agree, the xp runs are also annoying in PL. Whether it be Bandit Boy Hideout, Haunted Symphony, or Crypts. However, I haven't found it difficult in PL to find games to join that will run the whole map. And I still see a LOT of EG players that still do runs in Fang.

EDIT: And let me also add this. I would like it if SL continues to succeed. I think there are a lot great things about this game. I personally like the gameplay and toony graphics of PL better, but I like the theme of SL much more. I personally feel some kind of loyalty to STS games for some reason. So I'll continue playing them. If I had picked up SL for the first time instead of PL, I don't think I would have that kind of loyalty and I probably would never have tried PL.
    Last edited by Rare; 02-21-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anishavie View Post
    It's harder to come by credits so they are more valuable
    It's just like how 1 USD equals to 30 NTD
    How does that make the economy terrible

And just buy stims from people not vending machines
    Or just accept death and not buy stims
    Come on, that's completely different. The economy WOULD be bad if the folks in Taiwan had to come over to the US to spend their money.

Now, if things were scalled equally it wouldn't be a problem. If the credits/gold ratio were 50/1 and the stim/potion costs were 50/1 it would be a different story. But that's not the case. credits/gold is about 50/1 (arguable yes, but in the ballpark) while stim/potion is about 1.66/1 (1250/750)

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Free stim farming = run the lower maps with 5 stims, everytime you reach 25 stims stash 20 and repeat. Problem solved. That way you don't pay any for stims. Of course that takes time, that's the cost of free
    Killa... I get that. And I did that for a while. Problem is, a casual player will not go through this painstaking process. They will get annoyed and quit. The folks that LOVE Star Legends will do it, because its a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Someone that picks the game up to try it out will say "this is lame." Its too hard. And they will put it down.

This is the point I'm making.
    Last edited by Rare; 02-21-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you need a buddy, I don't mind doing full runs! just add me in the game.
    IGN's : tommyphom, tommyyphom, tommyyyphom. All lvl 40s. Op, eng, com.
    http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9411/sparx2.png

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommyphom View Post
    If you need a buddy, I don't mind doing full runs! just add me in the game.
    IGN's : tommyphom, tommyyphom, tommyyyphom. All lvl 40s. Op, eng, com.
    I'll add you when I log back on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I really like the adjustments of the PL model that make SL different and unfortunately make u beef. I don't play PL anymore mostly because SL gameplay FEELS faster to me. But also cuz my lvl 50 bear can't find games and I'm not taking him to mt fang or wherever.
    Anyway. I think ur right. U picked a very frustrating class. I did nothing but die for 35 lvls with my op, but after a respec and focusing my skills toward high damage low cool down and working that boom bust economy to get full custom gear I have a total beast that is incredibly fun to play (way more than my engi alt) but who still relies on tanks to go first and the occasional stim or heal skill.
    Lastly. Ive had the same thought about people playing SL engis. I PL it seems the healers are watching the stat bars closer than the game, it seems the opposite is usually the case in SL. However, I have yet to meet a healer that dosen't have rev in SL like so many PVP elves. Hope I never do.

Really just ask for heals when u need it.
    The economy is what it is. Won't be "fixed" in SL or RL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    My suggestion to you is to stop reading them
    No offense, but usually the reason a person makes a thread is for other people to read it.
    And I can easily make 700+ credits a day. I think the lower liquidation value and drop rate for pinks and vanities is good.
    Gold in pl isnt really worth much because you could get a ton in one day.
    Just my opinion
    Last edited by Taipan; 02-22-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    No offense, but usually the reason a person makes a thread is for other people to read it.
    And I can easily make 700+ credits a day. I think the lower liquidation value and drop rate for pinks and vanities is good.
    Gold in pl isnt really worth much because you could get a ton in one day.
    Just my opinion
    700 credits a day doesn't even buy you 100 stims. As an op, I can eat through that in 5 or 6 runs in Inner Core.

The value of the money is relative. You make more... you pay more. But some things in game are not dictated by economy. The obvious being the cost of stims. If the value of a credit is much greater in SL, the the cost of stims should be much less in SL. If we're talking relative.

And you're right. We do post to get people to read and respond. But if it annoys them they should stay away from them. That's my point. I'm only looking out for them
    Last edited by Rare; 02-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I seem to be doing alright from the SL economy, 2,100,000 credits, 2 Xray Visors and every other vanity drop ingame. You work the market correctly and you can gain credits easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToPBoY View Post
    I seem to be doing alright from the SL economy, 2,100,000 credits, 2 Xray Visors and every other vanity drop ingame. You work the market correctly and you can gain credits easily.
    I understand.

I don't think my point is getting across clearly or maybe I'm causing confusion. I didn't mean this thread as my complaint about the economy for my own sake. You clearly are a hardcore player. Is that safe to assume (3-4 hours a day on average)? Nothing is wrong with that, don't get me wrong. The whole point of this thread is to address the casual player (who MAY someday become a hardcore player). The person that is sitting around one day and downloads the game. Or the person that plays games occasionally and decides to try out star legends.

When someone is trying to get interested in a game, it is very difficult to do so if they have to dedicate so much time and effort into something as simple as buying health stimpacks. That is what I mean in terms of the economy. At level 40 in the game a player shouldn't still be struggling to build cash and by stims.

Think about it this way... other than vanity (because they are so rare) how much is the most valuable drop worth? 10k (I may be WAY off here)? How many stims is that worth at the discounted tier 3 price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Weird... I'm hardcore and I buy no platinum lol
    anyways the prices for liquidation is higher than usual lately. When I first played Star Legends, the liquidation prices were 1-3 credits each.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Weird... I'm hardcore and I buy no platinum lol
    anyways the prices for liquidation is higher than usual lately. When I first played Star Legends, the liquidation prices were 1-3 credits each.
    That was because of the low quality gear. Since then epics and legendary have been added.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I didn't feel like reading it all but I can help you lvl or with quests...Im bored in a line with Phoenix (guild).