Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
I'm moving this here from another post. This is my take on energy. Just my opinion of course.

Yesterday there was outrage all over the forums and in game about it. My opinion on it... I love it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I understand it I love it. It gives me a chance to spend 15 minutes in the game, then go do something else. Then come back again. Or, if I don't have much time and I just want to use my energy, I can get some quick experience by executing an non mission action. Its pretty cool.

Now let me say, the main issue I see here is that it will create a large gap between plat and not plat buyers. Given the increased price (drastically I might add) of platinum, the gap could get very large. To the point where you could say it is borderline FTP.
You love a mechanic that prevents players from actually being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time--in an F2P game--without being forced to spend money? There's nothing preventing any players from logging out at will without such a feature.

Also, I don't think it'll create a gap between plat and non-plat buyers. I think it'll prevent more people from buying plat who otherwise would have. I'd happily drop $50 for vanity gear, in general, but there's no possibility I'll spend any money on DL while the current energy mechanic is in place.