Thread: Will there be an Ambassador or Guardian type system for DL???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Default Will there be an Ambassador or Guardian type system for DL???

Title says it all, Dev feeback would be nice <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I hope they dont add guardians

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

The point of a guardian is to help others. The large mqjority of are still learning, so a helper system would be rediiculous.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck:618637
    The point of a Ambassador is to help others. The large mqjority of are still learning, so a helper system would be rediiculous.
    Fixed that for ya.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    nice fix there lowly =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

They most likely would be called, Ambassadors of Carvina. And it's a bit early in the game to be asking about ambassadors. SL just announced their ambassadors and it's almost a year old.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I asked Airrie about this and she said there definitely would be ambassadors for DL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Guardians are simply thx for, imo the original, forumers for their great contributions

Since the DL community largely consists of ppl already on forums, their is no point to add more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I asked Airrie about this and he said there definitely would be ambassadors for DL.
    Fixed that for ya
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Guardians/Ambassadors are not needed since people would struggle just to get the title and not for helping others.
    I would like the ambassadors/guardians to be stripped completely from the legends games altogheter.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I really hope not. That program is past its time. The first day I'm on DL, and one of the AOA is on there cursing up a storm. All I could think was "Way to represent STS". I knoe someone else who started being helpful and polite. I asked him why, and he said "I just want that shield".

That is where those programs are, a status symbol instead of what they were truly implemented for. TBH, most new players don't know anything about the program and therefore, don't really care about it.

I came into STS games when Physio, Elly, and most of the original GOAs were still active. Looking back, they are still head and shoulders above anyone I see on here now. Their guides actually had substances, and truely helped people understand this game. Not "A guide on selling items", "A guide on how to look cool", or "A guide on how to make a guide". When things get to that point, it's time to let the program die out.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I have always loved the idea of having ambassadors and guardians for the games. It adds more encouragement for people to keep at what they are doing.

I'm very sure Airrie will implement a ambassadors of dark legends or something similar. The system was implemented for both Pocket and Star legends, I doubt if they would just stop the system entirely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Guardians of sanctuary.
    might be added but hope sts choose wisely.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

To be honest, I think that a lot of people who think Ambassadors or Guardians are a bad thing, are over thinking what they stand for. The Guardianship is a reward. 'Guardians are definitely the reason the game down hill!' I hate hearing this, because it's a lowsy excuse! The games, forums, and everything are perfectly fine. In fact, I think the idea of a rewards system was ingenious. It has pushed a lot of people to strive and help for the community. Ambassadors are there to help. Do others really want to join for a hat? For quick access to Devs? I honestly don't see why people get this way about Guardians and Ambassadors. If you notice, those Guardians who say they don't agree with the program, could easily PM a dev, and say 'Id like to be removed from the Guardians of Alterra/Blackstar program.' it's honestly that simple. But they don't. Because there is nothing wrong with the program and there never has been anything wrong with the program....

Sorry, just needed to say this.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    To be honest, I think that a lot of people who think Ambassadors or Guardians are a bad thing, are over thinking what they stand for. The Guardianship is a reward. 'Guardians are definitely the reason the game down hill!' I hate hearing this, because it's a lowsy excuse! The games, forums, and everything are perfectly fine. In fact, I think the idea of a rewards system was ingenious. It has pushed a lot of people to strive and help for the community. Ambassadors are there to help. Do others really want to join for a hat? For quick access to Devs? I honestly don't see why people get this way about Guardians and Ambassadors. If you notice, those Guardians who say they don't agree with the program, could easily PM a dev, and say 'Id like to be removed from the Guardians of Alterra/Blackstar program.' it's honestly that simple. But they don't. Because there is nothing wrong with the program and there never has been anything wrong with the program....

geez, if my writing was better i would have written this..but since you did it.....amen brotha
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Someone brought this up already lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I just don't get why we would get rid of the AoA. Its a group of people who VOLUNTEER to help new comers!!!!! For gods sake,they're not making millions off of it!
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post

+1, Don't be sorry. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE:619092
    I really hope not. That program is past its time. The first day I'm on DL, and one of the AOA is on there cursing up a storm. All I could think was "Way to represent STS". I knoe someone else who started being helpful and polite. I asked him why, and he said "I just want that shield".

That is where those programs are, a status symbol instead of what they were truly implemented for. TBH, most new players don't know anything about the program and therefore, don't really care about it.

I came into STS games when Physio, Elly, and most of the original GOAs were still active. Looking back, they are still head and shoulders above anyone I see on here now. Their guides actually had substances, and truely helped people understand this game. Not "A guide on selling items", "A guide on how to look cool", or "A guide on how to make a guide". When things get to that point, it's time to let the program die out.
    AMEN! + 8 (rotate the '8' 90 degrees)

Although i expect there to be an ambassoador system for DL, its simply to help ppl imo, its not 'oh ur an AoA ur better than normal players' ambassadors are just kind players that have teamed up with the devs no different than normal players

Guardians-- what are they? They are the early contributors to the game and forums. No they are not the reason for the forums decline, ppl trying to reach guardian status is that reason. Its not something u try for devs just one day thought of it for those helpful forumers who had no sneaky motives behind their guides. I remember when i had just joined the forums. I saw someones farewell post as they were quitting the forums and the complained that in wave after wave of guardian they knew each time they were the best choice but were not chosen. At the time i dont even think i knew what a guardian was, but looking back i see a big peice of todays comunity. Its not that im against guardians, i just think the best have already been chosen
    Last edited by Elyseon; 04-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Guardians/Ambassadors are not needed since people would struggle just to get the title and not for helping others.
    I would like the ambassadors/guardians to be stripped completely from the legends games altogheter.
    ^^ This says it all. I really hope they don't add it. Take a look at the two existing threads for guardians. Filled with applications and people asking for the shield. Way too much drama over an item. The whole purpose was to reward helpful players. It's turned into some celebrity game show. The games would be fine without these programs imo.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post: