Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I still do not understand the purpose of the hourglass timers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs down I still do not understand the purpose of the hourglass timers

I am level 18 and I got one that says I have to wait for a day and I've spent way too much money on this game so that means I really can't move forward for a whole day,who wins in this situation?
    1-3 hours yes,A day I dont think so( Yes I have more then one alternate) I
    I think I'm oving back to Pocket Legends.
    Thoughts, Am I being unreasonable I think this is a worse problem then the energy issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

The one day quests always gives you a really good buff thats why their there its a free 15 min elixer thats how I look at it.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Patience is a virtue. Dont be in such a rush. Waiting for a day is nothing (ive done that one 3 times now )
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    I am level 18 and I got one that says I have to wait for a day and I've spent way too much money on this game so that means I really can't move forward for a whole day,who wins in this situation?
    Thoughts, Am I being unreasonable I think this is a worse problem then the energy issue.
    I think it needs some tweaking but not a big deal right now. Sure, you cant progress further in the city until that quest is done but you can still do other quests for experience. I'm sure the DL team will work out the kinks before long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd:620940
    The purpose is so you don't level too fast and STS has time to create new content. Also, the secondary purpose is to make impatient people spend plat on energy.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Bypass Timer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was thinking the same thing about the hourglass timers, then I noticed the drop rates on the longer ones. Now if I am going to be off awhile I click the long ones first to spend my energy, when I get back it will be refilled, then I click other longer ones. By the end of the day, a lot are ready for harvest at once and there might be a really good drop in there to boot!

I do agree, when you need it finished to progress its a serious roadblock just to see new content, but I guess they say good things come to those that wait!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default If they implement refinements to this game it might work

I understand the main components of this game differ from the other 2 but what I like about the other 2 is there wasn't all of this confusion and unnecessary set backs when you can do pocket legends now from level 1 to 65 free.
    All I know is I cannot continue to spend upwards of 150 dollars on the game and just get to level 18 its not fun but I hope you all enjoy it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

It's like this... you are seeing it for the first time. Right now it just seems like an impediment to your progress. Some day you will spend those points a day in advance knowing that you want the buff for the next day. The timer makes it so you only get this buff once a day. It will make more sense after a while.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am currently 'stuck' on the 1 day timer in the subway and am at level 15. Now in PL, at level 15, there are about 10 missions I could run to get experience, and only half of them could give me weapons at or above my level. I would also get much less experience from half the levels. Now back to DL, where I am 'stuck'. For missions, I have 20 missions I could run, all of which cost the same 3 energy and give me the same 10 experience. Also, they ALL give me a chance at a level 15 or higher pink. (The first board on the first Campaign lists a 2.7 percent chance at a level 16 pink mace). The levels are really cool designs and the mobs/bosses are a lot of fun, so don't think of the timer as keeping you from going forward, think of it as a reminder that you can go backwards to get ahead.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default I still do not understand the purpose of the hourglass timers

The 24 hour timer does not stop you from gaining xp and leveling. It just stops you from unlocking the next campaign. You can still replay earlier dungeons and missions to get xp. In fact I'm pretty sure you could get all the way to 20 in the first campaign. Also the drops scale to your level so there is no disadvantage to replaying earlier campaigns. I've made it to level 17 maybe 18 (can't remember) without spending any plat to bypass timers. You just need to learn how to time things and work the system to your advantage.

I have more fun when I'm waiting for the long timers because it gives me a whole day to farm and run with friends instead of wasting my energy on a few clicks so that I can unlock the next stage.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Forums are for discussions not to be ganged up on, youre not going to change my outlook on how I feel about the current game play.
    All I ask is that the hourglass times be cut down.
    It's called feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

And when you have a family a full time job and school doing a level in getting 10 experience when you need 1000 do the math it just takes too long I'm sorry

15. The Following User Says Thank You to modredd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First of all, this is General Discussion. If you have feedback, it goes in the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Secondly, don't ask people for their opinion on whether or not you're being unreasonable and then get rude when they tell you that you are.

I don't like this game at all, but I don't like people being rude and getting attitudes either.

If you're so preoccupied with your family, job, and school, then you shouldn't be complaining about a timer on a game that you apparently don't have time to play anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd:621257
    And when you have a family a full time job and school doing a level in getting 10 experience when you need 1000 do the math it just takes too long I'm sorry
    I am quite busy myself, but I find it very easy to queue the "movie" missions during my breaks. The XP is reasonable enough and I am in no hurry to get to 20 and be bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    I am quite busy myself, but I find it very easy to queue the "movie" missions during my breaks. The XP is reasonable enough and I am in no hurry to get to 20 and be bored.
    Well that was basically my point. The timers and things are made FOR people who have busy lives and can't sit in front of the computer running dungeons and such all day.

@modredd The dungeons shouldn't be used as a source of experience anyway. The cutscenes and timers are much better/faster experience gain. Dungeons should be used for farming equipment or Gold when you have spare Energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lawl. I just realized that wasn't quoting me. Sorry, I'm kind of loopy today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yeah, I basically just run dungeons for fun / loot when I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Now I remember why I don't use the forums very often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the forums. The question you asked in your original post was answered by several people who do, in fact, think your logic is unreasonable. You don't like their answers because they don't agree with you, so you decide to be rude and get an attitude about it.

You say that you have a family, a job, and you go to school, so you can't spend much time grinding dungeons. The entire point of this game is so that you don't -have- to dedicate much time to it. You pop some timed missions, go about your business, check in later, grab your rewards, rinse and repeat.

I don't see what the problem here is. If you really don't have much time to play, why are you complaining about something that a brain dead chimpanzee could do in their sleep?