Thread: My opinions on Dark Legends

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The energy is exactlly about slowing players down. Why? Because they want the casual to midcore player to enjoy the game. Because lets face it, the hardcore gamer is the small minority. For a successful business you want to attack the largest portion of fanbase, which is the middle. Nobody wants to play a game where its near impossible to be on the same playing field as other players.

Now, for hardcore gamers, they have the option of spending a little extra to advance faster.

This is the way it should be if you want to be successful.

Let me also add this, I consider myself a hardcore gamer when it comes to the three STS titles (or at least 2, PL and DL). I have had no problem with energy in Dark Legends. Granted, I can't sit there and play for 5 straight hours without spending plat, but I don't do that anyway. I can play for an hour or two with ease. Take a break, then come back and do it again. Its really about using your energy wisely. Again, I have no problem with it and actually love the system.

As Darkfader said above me, the non-mission actions can be used to take advantage of your energy when you don't have a lot of time to play. I think this was genius from STS. For example, in PL, I could log on and do a couple runs, but it doesn't do anything for me. I'm not going to earn much playing 10 minutes and doing one or two runs. In Dark Legends, I can complete almost as much experience wise in 5 minutes that I can in an hour. I think its great.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post: