Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got to catch them all, Mynamon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlz View Post
    for machinimas sake, i hope thats jus somebody copyin his name. lol
    that is by far, the funniest one ive seen...ever...hmm...wonder how long that took? lol
    nope its him alright, i logged in one day and i had a friend request from him so he must have seen me on forums, never seen him ingame before until i entered town today and saw him standing there and he had zero kills n deaths...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    nope its him alright, i logged in one day and i had a friend request from him so he must have seen me on forums, never seen him ingame before until i entered town today and saw him standing there and he had zero kills n deaths...
    i see i see. lol

mystic, i dont think i have a chance against you...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

*Throws Myanball* I caught him!
    Info:
    Habitat: Myan temple
    Nature: Noob
    Special Ability: Leeching
    Wow! this thing owns! Anyond wanna MyanBattle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Info:
    caught who? lol...you cant battle with that one! it would ruin its perfect k/d ratio!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Info:
    lmao, sorry tears in my eyes from laughing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlz View Post
    caught who? lol...you cant battle with that one! it would ruin its perfect k/d ratio!
    Perfect K/D ratio? Infinite? NaN?

Don't play with division by zero, kids. The whole universe might not explode.
    Last edited by Interim7; 08-27-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    lmao, sorry tears in my eyes from laughing.
    Good old days when pokemon was... what i did? First game was good.. after that.... FAIL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    A wild Mynamon appears.

I mean lvl 45, zero kills, zero deaths, pfffft.
    How is this possible? Who can stand to leech 100% of the time to lvl 45? Isn't that leeching to the infinite power of laziness? 45 lvls... And not one single time was there even an accidental kill? So char had to be far away never targeting anything 100% of the time?

I don't get. Why play?

In addition to being Mynas Generation, is there some kind of added affliction hitting some players? Like LLS?
    Leeching Laziness Syndrome.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kinda useless for leaderboards if you ask me. its easy to lvl a 45 with no kils and deaths.

All the devs would have to do is put a few lesser djinn in the mynas tomb. god what i wouldnt give to see the noobs cussing constantly about dying. i would give all my pinks fo that
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    kinda useless for leaderboards if you ask me. its easy to lvl a 45 with no kils and deaths.

All the devs would have to do is put a few lesser djinn in the mynas tomb. god what i wouldnt give to see the noobs cussing constantly about dying. i would give all my pinks fo that
    Me, too.
    Like you can't kill a single mummy without fighting a Djinn. Arrive in Mynas and there at the front of either direction first in line is a Djinn. Like a nice pair of unfriendly bookends
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, take a look at the kill / death ratio of a support mage and tell me they are bad players. K / D means NOTHING!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    K / D means NOTHING!
    I've been saying this for several months now, but some people refuse to believe it (I think because they're the only real stats we have, people just want to believe they are meaningful). Anyway, K/D is the hook staff of stats, totally useless if not worse
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    K/D is the hook staff of stats
    Lol, nice!!

I actually dislike playing with people who have an unusually low number of deaths, because I know survival must be so important to them that they'll hate me and every other group member if something goes wrong and they happen to die. Saw someone the other day who had 25,000 kills and about 20 deaths. I was like, gimme a break. Certainly I didn't think to myself, "wow what a good player he must be."

It's much more fun to play with those who don't mind risking death for the sake of the group, or who will try a difficult battle over and over just for fun or to experiment with different strategies.

And there are much better ways than K/D to tell how someone plays. Personally, after 10 or so minutes of playing with someone and watching what they do, I usually know all I need to about the kind of player they are, and never need to look at their K/D.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The best way to have fewer deaths, but a lot of kills is to chug heal pots. I do respect that. If someone has the reasonably right number of kills for their level, and zeros deaths, they either have a good friend who is a support mage, or they chug heal pots. It's not easy. I got to 18th with no deaths on my pally, but then I stopped paying attention for a moment and "he" died. You're right, it really upset me. I had to turn of the iPad and get a beverage. I will try again.

Thing is, Machinima has a thread in Suggestions where he talks about XP and he says he just got done killing them in that room in Plasma Pyramid. Maybe he was speaking figuratively?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

Thing is, Machinima has a thread in Suggestions where he talks about XP and he says he just got done killing them in that room in Plasma Pyramid. Maybe he was speaking figuratively?
    I am sure this is just one of his alts.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    The best way to have fewer deaths, but a lot of kills is to chug heal pots. I do respect that. If someone has the reasonably right number of kills for their level, and zeros deaths, they either have a good friend who is a support mage, or they chug heal pots. It's not easy. I got to 18th with no deaths on my pally, but then I stopped paying attention for a moment and "he" died. You're right, it really upset me. I had to turn of the iPad and get a beverage. I will try again.

With a couple of my chars who are tots, I make it a game to see how long they last before a death. But I never back down from a fight... And I notice as I get better my death count is less... But as my tots grow up, the deaths start coming in. I took butterflypoet and tried to fight a Djinn on my own today... She's a lvl 39 int birdie. It wasn't pretty. Lol I died like five times. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    With a couple of my chars who are tots, I make it a game to see how long they last before a death. But I never back down from a fight... And I notice as I get better my death count is less... But as my tots grow up, the deaths start coming in. I took butterflypoet and tried to fight a Djinn on my own today... She's a lvl 39 int birdie. It wasn't pretty. Lol I died like five times. Lol
    i do the same thing when i make a new char, i see how long i can last with mo deaths... i got to lvl 10 woth my archer before i died, and with my newest char, (was gonna be a str bear, but im using a firestaff atm) im lvl 5 with no deaths...but as soon as i die once with them, i dont care about my k/d ratio at all. at that point ill just run right into battle and hope for the best, and try any different techniques that i think of...