Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Demonic overpriced? Vote in the poll above!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Default Is Demonic overpriced? Vote in the poll above!

Lol demonic and L60 set prices has gone threw the roof!

Lol it's not overpriced.... Actually if it would be cheaper it wouldn't be worth is high value!

People are gonna complain, but this sets goal for people, so they can farm like crazy and eventually have enough to buy it!

How boring would it be to have a awesome set in looks and skills for cheap?
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Overpriced. It's more expensive than the end game sets. How?? Because it looks cool? They're not even that much better than the regular sets. Besides the looks, idk why everybody likes them. I'd go with lilith any day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Expensive? Yes. Overpriced? Not at all. Lvl 60 twinking is becoming popular, and seeing as they are hardly being farmed and also have high drop rates, plus crafting components are so rare, the set is expensive. However, people are willing to pay this price, so people sell it at this price. Imagine a car like a Bugatti veyron, they're very expensive, some reaching prices of over a million pounds/dollars, the Audi r8 is also a nice supercar and that only costs around 150,000 pounds/dollars. That doesn't make the veyron overpriced, just very expensive, as your getting what you pay for
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I think it is yeah. Honestly I feel all sets from 56+ are a bit pricy. I'd love to see the pinks' drop rate increase. That seems to be the only way to solve this problem in my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Is Demonic overpriced? Vote in the poll above!

The whole nuri map & drop rate needs to be fixed (or atleast the crafting drop rate & mob strength)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I don't think the price should not go up any higher than it should just because someone likes using it in pvp or "twinking". The "It's good for twinkers" quote is just an excuse to raise the price.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Too high by far. I mean I saw that it costs more than Crafted Lilith. 1 mil might be reasonable

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The CS is just like the stock market. Whenever there's a double damage weekend, or for instance the flower bouquet that provided 4x damage, that's when more items will come in. I remember when the classes were very unbalanced back when level 50 was the cap; you'd see all of these mages items listed in the CS and none from the bears. People would make mages so they could have the benefit of farming.

So basically what I'm saying is, sometimes it's the events that are going on other than supply and demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I'm pretty sure if everyone that farm fang, farm nuris now for a couple days we will be seeing more drops.

But still doesn't change the fact that it's worth that price for a reason.

What else are merchants or people with 5mil plus suppose to buy?

What's the point of having a lot of money if every set in game is on 1mil or cheaper?
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbabybugszx View Post
    Ofoarse its overpriced. It went from 1mil to 5mil or so, but you cant change that. This game is all about gold, you need it to have a good time in pve/pvp. People want more gold, so they hold onto their demonic for prices to go over the roof. STS cant do anything about it because its not their decision. Gold and prices is up to us, and if the people that have demonic dont want to lower their prices then they wont. Its sad i know, but what can we do..
    They could change that. Place a cap on the amount of gold that you can price an item in the CS. However, that'll get a lot of people like this:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Definitely overpriced... Was cheaper when nuri just came out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If y'all are complaining about it being overpriced, it's time to start learning the trends. Demonic will likely drop when new campaign comes out, as people will need money for the new gear and realize the amount of money they're sitting on, so thus, many will sell demonic, especially if the new gear is BAMF.

Comprehende? Just wait for the right time to buy. Most of you probably won't end up buying it anyway when it drops because you don't want to lose money. Remember, a lot of the desire of demonic originates from its high value.

Cheers,

~Parth
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Anyone complaining that it is overpriced does not fully understand supply and demand. There is no "greed" in the market. There is just a market price that people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay that price, then it is worth that much. I don't care if its an amazing piece of gear that has great stats, great looks, or is hard to farm, or an old picture of your hot mom. If people are willing to pay for it, then its worth that much. Some people are also bringing out the "Its too expensive compared to how good it is" argument. Clearly, you cannot just focus on how good a piece of gear is for you to determine its value, otherwise why would a discontinued l2 grey/white be worth so much?

It's so low level! You use it for all of like 10 minutes before you are way past its level and can find something wayyyy better than it!! L2 discontinued items are overpriced!! Those greedy people with the L2 discontinued items should sell them to me for like 100 gold because its really not even that good. Quit being so greedy folks, cuz I don't have the money to buy what I want and so I'm going to blame you for increasing the price due to greed.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

People still want it bad so its not overpriced. The sets are really good looking and terribly hard to drop or craft. There is still some hope tho....I just finished a Demonic Mace set just this week, it took me like a month I believe. So it takes some time to do. The main problem like ppl have said are the drop rate of Glyphic blade steels...it was frustrating when Nuris first came out...now its like a miracle when one drops! I did drop 2 out of dumb luck in the last month in the Lions Den...mainly you have to depend others to farm them & buy them out of the CS. It gets to be really expensive...Steels range from 300,000 (cheaper) to 400,000(about going rate) to outrageous 800,000! (don't think anyone purchased those :-/)

I did buy one dirt cheap when somebody listed one for 100,000!!! I was shocked seeing that...had to grab that quick. I don't believe its overpriced cause just the Imbued glyph setting takes 5 steels to create which is about 1.5 million gold right there. I actually sold one Imbued settings for 1.6 million...you never see those listed in the store. I bought 2 pieces of the mace set with that gold, the armor & helm both already crafted. Its actually cheaper to buy crafted demonic if its listed at a good price than trying to make one yourself.
    But just saying that its still possible, takes patience...not easy lololz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

So increase the drop rate of glyphic blade steel. Problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Drops in nuri are EXTREMLY rare. Plus, nuris is a hard campaign. Thats why the prices are what they are. It's not greed, or anything else. Again, supply and demand.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    So increase the drop rate of glyphic blade steel. Problem solved.
    That would be nice, but like most of these campaigns...the drop rate never gets increased that much. See...shadow caves, Mt. Fang for level 66s
    Even when they sell big luck or bigger luck or luck elixirs, it doesn't really rain pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaveleia View Post
    That would be nice, but like most of these campaigns...the drop rate never gets increased that much. See...shadow caves, Mt. Fang for level 66s
    Even when they sell big luck or bigger luck or luck elixirs, it doesn't really rain pinks
    Crush the Keeper

Luvaria

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Overpriced. It's more expensive than the end game sets. How?? Because it looks cool? They're not even that much better than the regular sets. Besides the looks, idk why everybody likes them. I'd go with lilith any day.
    Looks, yes. Also merchs probably merch them because its next to impossible to craft them without spending an insane amount of time farming glyph steel Dx
    Also, I'm not holding onto mine because I'm greedy, I am because my 61 twink pvps... I have considered offers b4 but always much lower than what ik I can get, they're probably merchs. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBearr View Post
    The whole nuri map & drop rate needs to be fixed (or atleast the crafting drop rate & mob strength)
    I agree. I leveled two twinks there, and saw one drop. I think it was a 60 mimi wing .-.
    My mage gets owned soloing Nuri more than Fang, and dies 99/100 of the time when dancing with Panto.
    Last edited by Luvaria; 05-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here's the bottom line:

From the seller's perspective: The best price is the highest price the buyers willing to pay.

If Demonics are selling at the current prices, they are obviously not overpriced.