Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair fight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    It's called rushing
    Thanks for the enlightenment. I'm a total noob and didn't know that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think fair is at least this:

Joiner: hi!
    Person whos been at pvp: its ffa
    Joiner: k

Not some really annoying thing like this:

Joiner: hi!- (gets interrupted before he can click enter)
    Person whos been at pvp: (kills him before he can even say hi...)
    Joiner: (trying to fight back, (i dunno why lol) he dies)

This can make people soooo mad that they rage quit and get reported:

Joiner: (sitting down, relaxing with his buds at pvp doing 1v1. Yknow)
    Random joiner who thinks they are elite: (automatically just rushes you. Not saying a word.)
    Joiner: (Trying to impress his friends, (i dont know why lololololol) he goes after "rusher".)
    Random joiner who thinks they are elite: (leaves)

The best thing to do for the last one is at least say its 1v1 if you are the joiner. For the second example dont fight back, leave. For the first one, wear a party hat. U win.

~Jugernuget

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I've been 'rushing' in PvP because that's the way i think PvP is 'fair'. Rushing is the way I learned to become good at PvP because it forces you to think fast and know what strategy is best in different situations. FFA or 'rushing' brings out nearly every aspect of PvP.

If you see me in game, sorry if I 'rush' you, it's nothing personal. But to the players that hate rushing, you were never part of the old PvP! Don't come in thinking you're so boss with the 1v1 style.

Sorry if i got a little side tracked, but all is fair in PvP.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-26-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:690227
    I've been 'rushing' in PvP because that's the way i think PvP is 'fair'. Rushing is the way I learned to become good at PvP becaude you have to think fast and know what to do i certain situations. FFA or 'rushing' brings out nearly every aspect of PvP.

If you see me in game, sorry it I 'rush' you, but to the players that hate rushing, you were never pary g yhe old PvP!

Sorry if i got a little side tracked, but all is fair in PvP.

I have to agree with you. When I FFA I feel like I could beat anything, more than one enemy coming at you strikes almost the adrenaline in you and you actually do something.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    It's called rushing

It's called PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    I think fair is at least this:

Joiner: hi!
    Person whos been at pvp: its ffa
    Joiner: k

Not some really annoying thing like this:

Joiner: hi!- (gets interrupted before he can click enter)
    Person whos been at pvp: (kills him before he can even say hi...)
    Joiner: (trying to fight back, (i dunno why lol) he dies)

This can make people soooo mad that they rage quit and get reported:

Joiner: (sitting down, relaxing with his buds at pvp doing 1v1. Yknow)
    Random joiner who thinks they are elite: (automatically just rushes you. Not saying a word.)
    Joiner: (Trying to impress his friends, (i dont know why lololololol) he goes after "rusher".)
    Random joiner who thinks they are elite: (leaves)

The best thing to do for the last one is at least say its 1v1 if you are the joiner.For the second example dont fight back, leave. For the first one, wear a party hat. U win.

~Jugernuget
    Why's that? Games should automatically be FFA, kids whom don't like it can lock their games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Very interesting opinions guys. I'm probably gonna write my take on all of this very soon. I think I've gotten just about everything I was looking for! Feel free to check it out and agree/disagree with it. I always love hearing others ideas and opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airity View Post
    Why's that? Games should automatically be FFA, kids whom don't like it can lock their games.
    Hey, pvp can be to hang out with buds as well. You think its automatic ffa but half of alterra disagrees with that. Leave it at that. Instead of saying *automatic ffa bla* give your opinion on a good fight. Thats the whole point on this thread. Just giving my opinion.

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jugernugetx For This Useful Post:

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Here's something I don't think is fair. When the so called champ jop joins and rushes. Then when he gets beat he calls everyone teaming turds. Then he grabs his 30 and continues to rush then declares "I am the champ Lmao"

You can rush I really don't care but if ur a champ and do it because your the champ? That isn't fair. And to get beat and bring a higher lvl to beat those who beat you? Not exactly champ material if you ask me.

Bring on the jop lovers. Ik imma get replies from people trying to justify what jop does. I've heard it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Xetta, that has nothing to do with the point of this thread. That is simply you complaining about Jop. Not you saying what isn't fair.

@everyone else, ignore Xetta please and dont get my thread off topic. I've learned a lot so far and hope to learn more. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Not much to elaborate on...everything is a fair fight, as in anything. It's war, not dress up, a tea party, whatever the heck you wanna call it I'll say this yet again: If you're pvping, you better expect to fight.
    All is fair in love and war :O
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I wa thinking about having everyone fight naked and same level, that should be fair :-)

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    @Xetta, that has nothing to do with the point of this thread. That is simply you complaining about Jop. Not you saying what isn't fair.

@everyone else, ignore Xetta please and dont get my thread off topic. I've learned a lot so far and hope to learn more. Thank you.
    lmfao chill bro. It's like what jugernugetx said. Guy joins and thinks he's elite and rushes. Only in this case guy gets beat then grabs a higher lvl alt and continues. I used jop as an example cause he's a well known rusher who so happens to be on the boards. Now I pvp to have a good time. When something like these happens it ruins pvp. It upsets me more knowing that this happens alot more to ppl who are new to pvp. It's not a fair fight when someone does this. I'm all for ffa only cause I've been around since pl was just a beta. Pvps changed since then. If your gonna ffa (or rush) at least announce it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

In my opinion, fair is when you start a 1v1 fight with someone else and you are both ready to fight. Not fair is when its teaming or rushing without another person knowing their about to die.

When it's FFA/CTF, fair is when both teams are equal, not like 1 team are full of noobs and the other team are players who's pvped for a time. Fair is when you have an FFA/CTF match going for a long time, which means both teams are about the same skill level.

Thannk You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtymonkey_666:688490
    bro, it's PvP anything is a fair fight. not join PvP if you don't wish to have an unfair fight
    You say ANYTHING in pvp is a fair fight and you then say don't join pvp if you don't want an UNFAIR fight.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Here is what I "think" constitutes Fair...

- Everyone in the game is aware of what the format will be, whether 1v1, 2v2, FFA, etc.
    - Teams are balanced - ex. no stacking the deck with elites on one team, and just one elite and a bunch of noobs on the other
    - Balanced levels/equips - no lopsided equips...players and teams are evenly matched
    - No changing of the rules mid-game - ex. 1v1 fights then someone yells FFA and kills the two spectators watching the 1v1

Honestly, I have no problems with FFA or 1v1, I just need to know what the format is. What I do have a problem with is the new join that is either elite (the only guy with Demonic set in game) or nooby (the one guy rocking Mystery set in a game full of Sewer equips) and can't understand why everyone is complaining. I also take issue with the new join that sits, watches 1v1, then yells FFA and kills the two guys closest to him and leaves.

While, I personally hate being singled out and teamed, I understand the tactics involved, and take no personal offense to being mobbed by 2 Dex birds. It's simply good tactics, eliminate the primary threat and focus on the weaker teammates next.

I just hate the guys that are looking to pad their PVP kills and don't follow the current format.

I wish that there was a way to create PVP games and label them, so if you join, you know what you are joining. For instance, create a level 30-32 FFA game, or a level 65 Crafted 1v1 game and it would appear that way in the join list. Allow the host to boot new joins that don't follow the format.

I would definitely PVP more often if it wasn't such a crap-shoot of what type of game/player build I am walking into. I can't tell you how many deaths I have from joining a game only to be ganked before I know the format.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

A fair fight is when you grab two of your friends, join a lower level game and rush an AFK person that is two campaign lower. Thats as close to 50/50 you can get.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklaser View Post
    A fair fight is when you grab two of your friends, join a lower level game and rush an AFK person that is two campaign lower. Thats as close to 50/50 you can get.
    Wow twink, remind me to thank that post in the morning when I have more thanks lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    Wow twink, remind me to thank that post in the morning when I have more thanks lol
    'tis morning. Thank that post.