Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
Let me reiterate - supernatural desertdemonmagic bloodlust? YES. MOAR!

Let me try another tale.

The object was first spotted by the Herschel telescope. It was like a shooting star, but no meteor was silver when telescopes zoomed in, and no meteor was ever an absolutely perfect sphere. Our astronomical institute watched in fear as it swept past Mars and towards Earth. UFOlogists went crazy, saying the aliens had finally come and that they would claim the faithful. Legions of them gathered in city centres, making Its job easier when It arrived.

The terror started the day after. The news screamed warnings, telling the fearful citizens of the world not to look up whatever happened. Aircraft crashed as their pilots saw the Thing, and transformed into ravening vampires, eating their passengers alive. These Type 1 vampires were stupid, and easily killed. We astronomers switched off our telescopes and sat, terrified, in our concrete fortresses, not daring to leave in case we looked up at It out of habit.

Then the Thing started work on Type 2 vamps. They were really smart, smart enough to hide from daylight and not kill their prey. When the Army stormed their lairs, and found the herds of captive humans...the world went mad. Breaking News reported new atrocities committed against those suspected of being vamps.

It was like the Salem Witch Hunts. They nuked the Thing, but it wouldn't die, It just stared at the missiles and they blew up before they ever reached it. We finally plucked up the courage to photograph it, and found that the photos didn't turn you into a vampire. We saw the Eye of the Thing, staring down at us like another Sun as we ran in fear of it and killed its vampires.

The day I became a Type 3 vampire was the day It left. Its parting gift, as it sailed off to infect other planets, was the Type 3 vampire. They could infect humans too. We were smarter and stronger, and we could do magic. We could explode people's blood, and other things too. Some fools even sought us out to be changed by us. When we thought it was safe, people looked up, and didn't change. I thought it was safe to look once more at It with the telescope. But Its Eye was still staring at us, as It raced away backwards through space, and I found myself changing. I turned my colleagues, and joined those of Its servants still left on Earth, hoping to one day follow It on Its crusade against the living.
Oh nice Chair! Grr I need more thanks, yet another masterpiece. :-) lol I like the sci fi edge!
The original post was in need of a new song, updated for now.