Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
Okay, I understand what you mean now. Sorry if I was being harsh.

Maybe there could be a pop up window when you first go to the Skills page after you've hit Level 8 that explains that this "Reset Skill Points" button will only work once and will only work once while you're Level 8, and if you want to reassign your skill points you just hit it and reassign your points, or you can chose to just let it be if you don't want to change anything.

As for how the players would know.. Well, if you have played the game and you're familiar with how it works, you know that after you level up you get attribute points and skill points to assign, and when you reach Level 8 you get a new skill too which would give you even more reason to check out the Skills page. So the vast majority of players who know about the skill points will most likely go to the Skills page when they reach Level 8, see the pop-up and the Reset button, while those who never knew about skill points or cared to begin with, the ones for whom this auto-assign was implemented, probably aren't going to miss anything since they've most likely never been to the Skills page at all.

To be honest, more than anything I think Spacetime should go back to the way it was instead of catering to people who haven't taken the time to understand how the game works.. But in case Spacetime wants to keep it this way, this is just an idea for how to not force those of us who do know how to play the game to have to waste skill points on skills we don't want to use.

Another idea, much simpler than this one, would be that the auto-assign thing only happens to your very first character, when you first start playing on a brand-new account/login, instead of it always happening.
Yeah, I know. My first posts was like, not very intuitive.

I think the Tips page would be the way to go, in terms of pop ups.