DISCLAIMER I HAVE ONLY EVER PLAYED 66 PVP AND I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR SKILL POINTS ARE IN NOR AM I FAMILIAR WITH 35 PVP ON THE BRIGHT SIDE AT LEAST IM A WARBIRD (penguin viking is proper title
it will take some time to learn how mages think but heres some f their strategies
1a. Shield Right Away and go for a snowball (sorry i dont know the actual names) then lightning drain and fire
1b. What you do is when you see that shield come up take a couple steps back (you need to know your range well to do this) then when you feel ready walk towards him and blast shot and repulse (if blast shot misses just run till his shield is gone) then wait for blast shot to come back and... use the Livemau combo
thorn root thorn wall shattering scream avian scream blast shot. (you can shorten that combo but i will explain the rules when editing it)

to edit the combo follow these rules
1. thorn root is always used
2. thorn wall is an added bonus but not required
3. Shattering Scream is required but avain scream is optional (for stronger foes use it)
4.Blast shot is not optional but if the foe is still alive then make sure to spam other skills after the combo
For most dex birds i do thorn root shattering scream blast shot but if they have a set bonus or a founders helm or if they are wearing str armor
2a. Mages will also do a delay shield which makes it harder to kill them (dont tell the mages) if they do this (i dont know what skills you have) start by ruffing them up a bit but not with your combo moves a break armor shining shot and repulse usually gets them to throw up the shield (if they are really experienced they wont) if this doesnt work then charge and use thorn root thorn wall shattering scream blast shot repulse and run (if they are smart once they are rooted they will shield and heal so usually that blast shot will drop the shield but if it doesnt then wait till thorn root shattering scream and blast shot recharage) come back around at them as the regen for the shield is like the regen for your buffs
2c. Remember though that an unbuffed mage is stronger than an unbuffed archer therefore putting you at risk (but a buffed bird is better that buffed mage imo) when you make the final charge learn to be confident and get right up in their faces with your auto attack as it helps greatly.
Any questions pm me on forums or in game
ign Livemau