Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i'm getting aggravated with humanian scatterbears, help!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    The "stomp ahead" technique is pretty useful when playing with another bear. When approaching a mob, you can stomp early to move them closer to the wall or corner, then let the other bear combo them. If you're coordinated, you can then jump ahead to the next mob, and sort of "leap frog" each other with this system.

I think most scattering comes down to bears not coordinating. If there's more than one bear in a group and they're both trying to pull crowd control, it becomes a mess pretty quickly. Just take a second to observe what the other players are doing. A simple idea, but i don't think a lot players do it. If you're in a run with another bear and he's clearly taking the lead, don't try to compete. It also doesn't hurt to communicate using chat (it's there for a reason). Just specify "i pull" or "you pull" in a non-trolly way and it usually makes a big difference.
    Agreed. Usually I would only play my bear if I am the only bear in the group. The except is when you have a friend who is also an awesome bear and then you can just coordinate pulls, either switching off, or both going into the same corner and beckoning at the same time to get a "super" pull.

Pugs are obviously harder, but if you find a good bear, its nice to have alts to swap to and switch to mage or bird to support the good bear.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    my guild isn't very active.
    Maybe some cookies would help, so give me cookies! Hehe.
    Thanks for the tips lady! I guess I just expect more out of pugs. I'm just going to have to spend some more time and make new friends. Most of my pro friends have quit.
    Yeah, some people have guilds that don't pot thrashers or play too often during the weekdays (jobs and stuff to do).

It's especially difficult to level this cap since no one farms in Sandbar after they hit 70 because of Monster Bash.
    What annoyed me last night was getting booted out of three runs a second after I found out that they were full of thrasher people.
    Didn't even have a chance to ask if it was full or anything.

Unlike Mount Fang and the Crypt runs for EXP, bears, mages, and birds in random PUGs tend to die a LOT and scatter/fail to combo efficiently.
    It's quite aggravating.
    On the bright side, I'm getting a lot of kills by unintentionally kill stealing a lot of kills.
    Also, I'll probably earn another million gold or so from liquidating oranges/greens by the time I hit level 71 at this rate.

I asked for hardcore, so this...aggravating grind I shall get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    It's especially difficult to level this cap since no one farms in Sandbar after they hit 70 because of Monster Bash.
    Not true, at least for those of us who don't want to spend ungodly amounts of plat, and from my experience there are a lot of us out there. I always find Sandbar runs pretty easily, and I don't use thrasher either. There are lots of people leveling in Sandbar right now, even at level 70 (myself included).

Obviously, it's still pretty difficult to get anywhere xp-wise, since there are relatively few mobs on that map, and they're spaced in a way that's not optimal. Even the most well played runs will be in the 4-5 minute range. I did the math not long ago and figured it would take me about 83 hours or so to cap. :frown: With the daily elixirs and the occasional 2x xp pot, it will end up being less than that, but still a pretty dismal number to have in the back of your head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

AOE's, baby, AOE's. lol