Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been done some thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    My take is that vanities shouldn't have stats anyway, but mainly in the interest of fairness, if there aren't going to be set bonuses for cap vanities going forward, they should also remove the set bonuses from previous vanity items. That way everyone's in the same boat.
    The day that happens is the day I and many others quit ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Personally I wasn't around for the sewer caps and nuri, but I did get the Mt fang armor. Was terribly disappointed that it didn't bonus with humania helm. Now I'm hearing that the 76 and 81 caps won't bonus, what is the point of dumping 1k or so plat to cap early? I capped as fast as possible to get a vanity bonus for PvP, and now I am hearing that no matter how hard I work, elix or not, ill never get the bonus. Dam, and to think that plat could have been a tank of gas in the car.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
    Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
    Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
    Ewwyuckgross (soon to be) lv56 bird
    Sandblast lv51 mage
    Feedyourhead lv30 bear
    Mayhembeak lv30 bird
    Maliciousbear lv25 bear
    Hostilebear lv22 bear
    Divmay lv18 bear
    Plaguemaw lv17 bear
    Minimayhem lv10 bear
    Hostilemerch lv4 bird
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    The day that happens is the day I and many others quit ...
    You and I both dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

you 3 vanities whiner guys. the vanity bonuses aint going no where -.-

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I rushed to 71 before I knew the elite vanity would not make a set bonus with the next vanity. But, I remember technoemail posted somewhere saying that we could still have sparkles. Who knows? Maybe we get some sick looking rainbow glyph smoke? Haha either way, I'm going for 76 then 81
    Kaytar

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

*disappointment* i could have used that $50 to get to 66 to level up toons i mean yeah mt. Fang armor is cool in all but i only got it to have a baonus but whatever maybe last time ill spend $50 all at once for plat.. :P

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

All I have to say is, the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP. Therefore, I couldnt care less about it. And that's mainly the reason why I don't go for the vanities, because they don't do anything besides make you look good, which I already have. (Sarcasm) But in all seriousness, I wish we could all get over this item obsession that we all seem to have and just play the darn game.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    All I have to say is, the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP. Therefore, I couldnt care less about it. And that's mainly the reason why I don't go for the vanities, because they don't do anything besides make you look good, which I already have. (Sarcasm) But in all seriousness, I wish we could all get over this item obsession that we all seem to have and just play the darn game.
    Good way to put it but some cap because they have extra money or too luch that they needa spend it on it seems

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Divinemayhem View Post
    Personally I wasn't around for the sewer caps and nuri, but I did get the Mt fang armor. Was terribly disappointed that it didn't bonus with humania helm. Now I'm hearing that the 76 and 81 caps won't bonus, what is the point of dumping 1k or so plat to cap early? I capped as fast as possible to get a vanity bonus for PvP, and now I am hearing that no matter how hard I work, elix or not, ill never get the bonus. Dam, and to think that plat could have been a tank of gas in the car.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
    Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
    Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
    Ewwyuckgross (soon to be) lv56 bird
    Sandblast lv51 mage
    Feedyourhead lv30 bear
    Mayhembeak lv30 bird
    Maliciousbear lv25 bear
    Hostilebear lv22 bear
    Divmay lv18 bear
    Plaguemaw lv17 bear
    Minimayhem lv10 bear
    Hostilemerch lv4 bird
    Ill say it again...the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Good way to put it but some cap because they have extra money or too luch that they needa spend it on it seems

You can never have too much money. Do what I do, SAVE IT.

Excuse my double post Sir Otu.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    You can never have too much money. Do what I do, SAVE IT.

Excuse my double post Sir Otu.
    Lol, i dont need no car yet! I got a bike and im 16 when i get a job ill save my money but its hard at 16 when you're addicted to shoes and hats lol thats me though xP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

mt fang armor doesnt make a set with the 71 helm??

i like how techno called the first 71 helm volconut. xD
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I rushed to 71 before I knew the elite vanity would not make a set bonus with the next vanity. But, I remember technoemail posted somewhere saying that we could still have sparkles. Who knows? Maybe we get some sick looking rainbow glyph smoke? Haha either way, I'm going for 76 then 81
    tbh i prefer sparkles over stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Well duhz, we all know sparklez make you more powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:714410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    Me too. stats are going enough anyway
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think this cap thing should stay for ever. If we want the vanity we can do a quest or something. But I too capped at 66 hoping I'll get a set bonus at 71, but now that there's no bonus, I won't cap. I'd like sts to bring back the achievement of CoP and SoH, and MFA. I want CoP and SoH. I really wanna sparkle too. Really I do.
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apasara:714443
    I think this cap thing should stay for ever. If we want the vanity we can do a quest or something. But I too capped at 66 hoping I'll get a set bonus at 71, but now that there's no bonus, I won't cap. I'd like sts to bring back the achievement of CoP and SoH, and MFA. I want CoP and SoH. I really wanna sparkle too. Really I do.
    If they do bring that stuff back. Sts will never hear the end of it. People will start whining that the vanities mean nothing now. All of the community will quit because they're precious vanities are in noobs hands. Whirlz will whine some more, and I just don't care to listen to it nor do I care to read thread after thread of how people are quitting over a little golden crown. It's best we let them feel superior and let them have their way.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Eh.. My pl days are soon over anyways. Pl is good but their are some things that don't make sense. Who ever came up with the idea of 'Elite Vanity with no stat bonus' should think again. Now that there is a elite vanity set with stat bonus, there should be another. And I also believe that ALL Elite vanities should be able to bonus with each other. And you could make the effect different depending on which elite vanity you have on. The people who capped at 66, most were looking forward to the new 71 elite vanity helm. Before new humania, I had a feeling that Sts would make new elite vanities not bonus with old elite vanities. But I never thought that they wouldn't make a bonus for the new elite vanities. Now its just for appearance? Now for the people who didn't cap at 56 or 61 or 66, don't have the chance to get a stat bonus, nore have a perfectly good looking elite vanity set. And for the people who capped at 66, worked their hardest hoping there would be a bonus but didn't get it. This whole thing is now a complete mess.. You have these people who spent their time and money on capping at 66, lost their hopes and give up. And start to have doubts.. Eventually they'll quit. I will soon be one of them. But I wouldn't quit cause I didn't get a stat bonus. I'd quit cause there is a bit of unfairness, and its all so messy, too messy, I can't think straight. So I just don't know anymore. Lost my hopes. Moving on... But grats to the ones who capped at 56, 61 and 66. Just consider yourselfs lucky. Anyways, I think I've said enough.
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Lol, i dont need no car yet! I got a bike and im 16 when i get a job ill save my money but its hard at 16 when you're addicted to shoes and hats lol thats me though xP

I also recommend pants and shirts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@Mothwing

How can you say a stat bonus doesn't help in PVP? 2 identical toons, played by equally skilled player. One has the elite set, one does not. Even a +1 armor could make a difference. I understand that most of it is a roll of the dice, and luck on dodge, but to say it makes no difference seems silly.

simple truth with an example... A buddy (he's a str/dex bear) started PVPing for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm a warbird and do a pretty good job of tearing up bears. This friend fought me with his normal gear and I toasted him repeatedly. He put on his dragon set and toasted me repeatedly. Took off dragon and put on his elite set, toasted me repeatedly. Took elite off back to normal gear, I toasted him again.

ANY stat increase helps.

Don't think I'm whining about this, I'm not.

To me, the older players and their elite gear make it more similar to a real MMO. I used to play DAoC. Not only was there xp levels, there were also "fighting" levels. The longer you played, and more you PvPed, the more fighting skill you got. SO yeah, everyone was at level cap, but the truley old and devoted players would still kick your but because of the extra skills they learned for some much PvP.

The elite gear is like the PvP xp to me. As a new player (just at 6 months), I SHOULDN'T be stronger than, or even equal to, someone that has been playing the same toon for 1.5 years. The gear acquired over that timeframe is the "PvP" xp that made DAoC so dynamic.

You think taking stats from elite vanities would cause an uproar? Imagine what would happen if STS gave a new skill/stat increase for every 1k pvp kills someone has, or every 1k PvE kills even.
    Last edited by trunzoc; 07-18-2012 at 08:56 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to trunzoc For This Useful Post: