Thread: The Blackstar Chronicles Novelization/Character Names

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Chapter Four is now out. Vance and his team have encountered the juicer menace, and now must find a way to overcome the juicer's numerical superiority and extreme resilience. But as they enter the farthest reaches of the complex, they discover new mysteries, new allies, and a sweet new gun.

I've started adding the first plot hooks linking this arc to the main plot of the novel. I've also made a number of radical departures from the original Lab and Experimental Wing levels. This section has less action than the previous three, instead its a more of a mystery chapter. I'm trying to vary the tone and mood of the various arcs, so the story doesn't get stall. For example, some levels will have much more of a mystery tone, and a couple will have more of a horror perspective. We'll see how it works. In other news, I'm almost done with the weapons data fills at the end of the chapters. I've tried to resist the urge to retcon them too much, but I have gone back to the early ones and added in some information that will help them tie into later entries and story lines. Credits to Justin Saber-Scorpion for a few ideas about the AOK rifle, and the whole idea of the data files was inspired by the guy who wrote the Tiberium Wars and Renegade fanfics.

I'm starting to form a much better idea of the direction I want to take this story, though their are a few elements I'm looking to nail down, mostly dealing with numa prime, the Mode, and the slouch-o and shipyard campaigns. Fortunately, I have a fair amount of time to figure most of them out, and Cahaun's lore research should help with that. Speaking of which, Cahaun and several other suggested characters will be joining the story in the next few chapters. I was tempted to add them in this chapter, but doing so would have limited the use I could get out of the characters.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 08-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.