Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

Lady_Pebbles

Luck is being removed because it is causing more harm than good. Since they were brough in, they were nerfed in percentage and even the amount of tines they roll were nerfed. However, even with those tweaks they still have a lot of pinks dropping. Which flood the AH and therefore screwing up the economy. Thats why I came up with the taxes idea since we are in dire need of gold sinks. It is extremely easy to gain gold in game, especially since the energy system was remived from the 3D maps.

The plat being offered to remove the tax for a certain time is pretty much already explained... Can only be used for a certain time and therefore won't defeat its purpose. If people want to spend hella -real- money on plat (or download hella apps via Tapjoy or W3i) to remove taxes for as much time as they want then thats up to them. Either way, its a choice and still serves as a much needed gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like the idea for personal shops since vanities cant be sold in the auction it would be a good way to sell things instead of spamming the chat feed with ...selling vanity ...trading vanity

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by livingdead713:732427
    I really like the idea for personal shops since vanities cant be sold in the auction it would be a good way to sell things instead of spamming the chat feed with ...selling vanity ...trading vanity

Thats another great point, thank you! Yes it does get annoying. Especially when my ignore list is already filled with chat spammers! LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm...ok? O.o honestly, i'm starting to think i liked this game better when it was simpler...even if that meant spending energy. The recent additions of the rare vanity drops in missions has been making this game more about product exchange than about the game itself. Even you guys mentioning imbalance in the economy [of the game]. I wasn't intending on participating in the virtual undead version of wall street. I don't get what nerfing means, but the only jinx i see the luck buff doing is it does not increase my odds of attaining vanity loot, and i never get any of the new vanity outside of nightly rewards anyway. An occasional sale or two, but with the way peoples be settin' their prices, well...it keeps the vanity pretty rare, and from my grasp, most times. Idk. I just wish there was less focus in this game on sell/trade value of everything -- or at least more equal opportunities for the loot. I don't see how things are being imbalanced economically at the auction house. I mean, if you have a problem with folks dropping their prices cuz they realize folks won't pay hella for stuff...? I just don't get it. And the tax situation really doesn't sound like it'd do anything differently from the sale fee right now. And yes, having a limited time tax waiver via platinum fee does defeat the purpose, cuz if folks are willing to drop 1.5million or so over a mask, they probably will pay platinum to avoid sales tax. Just sayin', from what i've seen. But, whatever.
    ~UKELO~

Lady_Pebbles

I don't see how two explainations can not be understood. Smh.

In epicly lamen's terms:

-Pinks used to take longer to drop.
    -Elixirs came in & had 35% luck chance with the 12k elixir, pinks dropped much faster.
    -Luck was then nerfed (i.e. instead of 35% luck chance in 12k elixirs its now 15%) in an attempt to lower the high drop rates of pinks.
    -It didn't help much and the problem got a bit worse. Causing the value of the pinks to drop tremendously (example: a pink used to cost 70k, now its 7k or 700g). -Putting an item up for sale in the AH takes away some gold as a fee but clearly thats not enough.
    -Gold gain is very easy to gain in game. Thus the reason why that is going to be nerfed (lowering gold gain) in a future update.

Easy gold + easy items = No point in having an AH or trades. Period.

Hence, the reason why DL's economy is screwed up. Making everything very easy to get destroys the values of items and players won't make a profit off of them because they already have hella gold.

Also, if you read around the forums, Carapace (a DL developer) has stated that elixirs give a "slim to none" chance to reroll into a vanity & even "vanities can be rerolled". This is mostly focused on pink drops and their values being lowered as well as the vanities being extremely expensive (again cuz gold is easy to get) and people's gold is just being shifted from account to account without anything returning to the system to balance things out.

I hope you finally get the gist of what we're talking about. If not then kindly do some research.

SIDE NOTE: The plat idea to remove taxes only serves a way out for a limited time. Maybe a higher plat fee would do the trick (which is why I raised the prices in that section) but either way, it should be an option.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 08-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.