Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SL experiment with credits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default My SL experiment with credits

I see A LOT of panhandling so I wanted to see how hard it really was to build credits. I have a premium toon locked level 10 commando alt and I figured lets run a test.
    6 auction slots and 1000 credits (i figured anyone playing to level 10 could build 1000 creds). In exactly 7 days I am at 12,000 credits. I have not run a map or done a mission, just buying low priced items from the terminal and selling around normal when I saw something listed too low. it could be an I helm for 75 credits (sold for 250), or battleshell chest for 15 credits (sold for 225), didn't matter what it was even low level yellow armor would turn a bit of profit. Undercutting is a serious problem, after my first day (i went from 1k-4k) things slowed down and I needed to relist a few things a couple times in order to sell. as soon as I would put something up 3-4 ppl would list 50c or more cheaper than the last one, and in some cases, I had to wait for them to sell theirs too cheap, then sell mine after, or buy theirs if cheap enough and relist it. I sat right around 4-6k but built up some inventory through to day 6 (monday morning) and then my inventory sold down and I reached 12k. I still have a hand full of items, if sold probably reach 15k.

In summary I turned 1k into 12k in 7 days by doing basically nothing except paying attention. From a newbie perspective, I can see how hard it is to learn the finer details of merching, knowing what normal/low is when they see it., and how disappointing the AH can be to a newbie when they keep getting undercut.
    It wasn't that easy but it wasn't really hard if you keep at it and don't get discouraged.

I think I will continue this a bit longer. I have an idea to keep it going until that original 1k builds up enough to buy me a squidbuddy!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I see A LOT of panhandling so I wanted to see how hard it really was to build credits. I have a premium toon locked level 10 commando alt and I figured lets run a test.
    6 auction slots and 1000 credits (i figured anyone playing to level 10 could build 1000 creds). In exactly 7 days I am at 12,000 credits. I have not run a map or done a mission, just buying low priced items from the terminal and selling around normal when I saw something listed too low. it could be an I helm for 75 credits (sold for 250), or battleshell chest for 15 credits (sold for 225), didn't matter what it was even low level yellow armor would turn a bit of profit. Undercutting is a serious problem, after my first day (i went from 1k-4k) things slowed down and I needed to relist a few things a couple times in order to sell. as soon as I would put something up 3-4 ppl would list 50c or more cheaper than the last one, and in some cases, I had to wait for them to sell theirs too cheap, then sell mine after, or buy theirs if cheap enough and relist it. I sat right around 4-6k but built up some inventory through to day 6 (monday morning) and then my inventory sold down and I reached 12k. I still have a hand full of items, if sold probably reach 15k.

In summary I turned 1k into 12k in 7 days by doing basically nothing except paying attention. From a newbie perspective, I can see how hard it is to learn the finer details of merching, knowing what normal/low is when they see it., and how disappointing the AH can be to a newbie when they keep getting undercut.
    It wasn't that easy but it wasn't really hard if you keep at it and don't get discouraged.

I think I will continue this a bit longer. I have an idea to keep it going until that original 1k builds up enough to buy me a squidbuddy!
    Gl getting 1.3mil(or above?) For squid buddy.

MerchsFTW4ever!

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

what people shouldnt be afraid of is undercutting. Just be patient and dont panic. If you seen an item getting under cut , there is two things you can do.

1) Hold you item until price goes back up and move on to something else.

2) Buy the undercut item to control auction price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I don't know how much time you spent each day, but I did this. I made a kd engineer toon and just farmed all the low levels from lvl1-28. I made probably 20-22k credits because he never used any stim or power packs. This probably took me around 4 days to complete. But I did spend a good amount of time just grinding. So on average around 1 credit per kill, but on top of that at least 200 stims and powers.

Lets compare it to PL I could probably make a lot more money off of 21k kills. My bird has around 28k kills and probably around 1mil worth of gold. But lets not forget SL credits are worth much more than PL gold. Lets give a benefit of the doubt and divide the gold by 10 (due to the fact the most expensive items in PL are around 10m and the most expensive items in SL are around 1m give or take). Even then I would have more on PL.

So to put it into perspective, it is a lot harder to earn money on SL than any other legend game regardless of ratios. I'm not even sure how there are mils of credits in the game, besides someone buying all those credits to flood the market. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, but as a newbie it is very hard to make credits despite the effort you put into it. In the end, pray for a vanity haha.
    Last edited by Prestige; 08-22-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Lol someone offered me 1.5mill for buddy
    O.o
    But i love my buddy too much.
    I named him gismo :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cephei View Post
    O.o
    Yeah, I was offered 1.7 yesterday. I said No thanks. My squid's name is "Squeaky."
    Great post OP...keep on racking em up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    I don't know how much time you spent each day, but I did this. I made a kd engineer toon and just farmed all the low levels from lvl1-28. I made probably 20-22k credits because he never used any stim or power packs. This probably took me around 4 days to complete. But I did spend a good amount of time just grinding. So on average around 1 credit per kill, but on top of that at least 200 stims and powers.

Lets compare it to PL I could probably make a lot more money off of 21k kills. My bird has around 28k kills and probably around 1mil worth of gold. But lets not forget SL credits are worth much more than PL gold. Lets give a benefit of the doubt and divide the gold by 10 (due to the fact the most expensive items in PL are around 10m and the most expensive items in SL are around 1m give or take). Even then I would have more on PL.

So to put it into perspective, it is a lot harder to earn money on SL than any other legend game regardless of ratios. I'm not even sure how there are mils of credits in the game, besides someone buying all those credits to flood the market. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic, but as a newbie it is very hard to make credits despite the effort you put into it. In the end, pray for a vanity haha.
    No killing for me just checking in every 3 or 11 hours to see my auctions and check if something cheap was listed to buy. I figured to do what anyone not running maps, just standing around b* pm'ing people could do, this way also no stim expense.

I'm probably going to create another new toon, maybe one of each class, with just basic starting toons (1 AH slot) and bring them to level 10. I have a feeling it's much harder by class selection and with 1 AH slot to do what I did in the same timeframe, maybe impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige:755793

I really don't know why you are comparing SL to PL.. these are two completely different universes in the first place..

On topic:
    The way you do it, Killa, is the way I do it from the start... Add to this farming lowest levels for greens and even commons (as commons, not surplus, may turn profit too for lvl 5-7) and you build up good stash of creds..

The ONLY time I converted plat to creds was when I got scammed on xrayz by a 'friend' - I was very upset and instantly bought another one))

Other than that I was reselling and farming.. those several razrs I got hen they were new boosted my cash.. so it's really not so hard to survive if you actually play the game..

Great inspiring post for all those who are ready to start begging just play it, dudes!
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Its true that SL is a lot harder to earn credits , mainly due to the fact of lack of things to farm. That being said it definitely is not impossible. The pan handlers in game are just too lazy to put any effort. A low level wouldnt even need to spend a lot on gear. By the time they reach level 40 they will have more than enough to get a decent set and what not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yeah I didn't want to farm greens or anything, because I figured I might get one of those classic vanities which would throw the whole thing off. The most I spent was 1400 on a L22 scavenger rifle that I sold for 2200, it adds up. I do farm and sell good items and flip cheap listings on my other accounts, but I wanted to see the outcome if a person stopped entering instances at level 10. I spent far less time then panhandlers do asking for stuff from random people and I think I got a better return in credits than panhandlers get for their time spent. for sure I don't think I got chat blocked bcs I didn't bother anyone. Lol!

I think it is probably impossible to flip merch on AH with one slot. Kd farming for the credits has got to be the best way over only one AH slot. In which case, why so many panhandlers. People too lazy to grind for creds, and bad luck on what they list on their one slot.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Lol. This was the only way I ever made money at all. Outside of the auction house I have a consistent history of getting ripped off.

It is possible to make money like this though. By my estimste I've made at least 600k, excluding gifts, given and recieved.

Then again this was by circulating 33 auction slots for months on end.
    Last edited by PianoWizzy; 08-22-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestige:755793

I really don't know why you are comparing SL to PL.. these are two completely different universes in the first place..

On topic:
    The way you do it, Killa, is the way I do it from the start... Add to this farming lowest levels for greens and even commons (as commons, not surplus, may turn profit too for lvl 5-7) and you build up good stash of creds..

The ONLY time I converted plat to creds was when I got scammed on xrayz by a 'friend' - I was very upset and instantly bought another one))

Other than that I was reselling and farming.. those several razrs I got hen they were new boosted my cash.. so it's really not so hard to survive if you actually play the game..

Great inspiring post for all those who are ready to start begging just play it, dudes!
    This is a comparison and a reason SL player base is much smaller than any other. Other than lack of level updates. I'm trying to speak for those who aren't as fortunate as the majority of us. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.
    Last edited by Prestige; 08-22-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    This is a comparison and a reason SL player base is much smaller than any other. Other than lack of level updates.
    lol ok ...

the OP is about earning money in SL, man - not about PL/SL differences and not about player bases

but that's ok
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

What kind of search parameters do you use in the auction when looking for stuff to sell? Do you only look for high level items? Only vanities?

I've never really done much merchanting, but I would really like to try my luck.
    IGN: Traosabara

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Speaking for myself, I search starting with rare, then epic, then vanity (although starting out flipping, vanity is too high priced, but I like to look, found a full gas mask listed for 50 creds once), and I search from lowest to highest priced so I see the cheapest stuff first. For level 22 greens I search by level (put "22" in both high and low level boxes and hit search) that will narrow down just to those. Unique names seem to sell well, like I helmet, or purloined jacket as example, but you gotta watch them a bit to figure out the normal price so you know when you see a low priced one, that you can make a bit of creds on. Gotta remember the auction house fees, and factor that in to see if there is room to make some credits. a good place is one of the selling guides green section, they have the more desirable greens listed by name.

Now more common items like voleria armor today are averaging 100-150 a piece. but they can go as high as 500 each at the right time. When I see someone list for 30 creds or less I buy it and watch the listings, when its higher, I list on a 3 hour somewhere between 300-500 creds. This gives me room to list a couple times if I have to and still make a profit. (thats more for bulk AH merching, lots of listings, and clearing 100 or 200 a sale. and we all know voleria purples drop like water and are easy to farm, but they sell, people want that one missing piece I guess).

it really is just trial and error stay cheap and small at first till you get a good feel for it and what to look for this way you limit your losses when you make an error, and you will make errors and lose sometimes, we all do don't let it discourage you, cost and loss are a part of doing business.
    Thats a basic overview, the AH is your friend!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thanks a lot! I know it's all a matter of being patient.
    IGN: Traosabara

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by =>HunterSLAYER<= View Post
    Gl getting 1.3mil(or above?) For squid buddy.

MerchsFTW4ever!

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephei View Post
    O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by MYNISTA View Post
    Yeah, I was offered 1.7 yesterday. I said No thanks. My squid's name is "Squeaky."
    Great post OP...keep on racking em up!
    <3 Squiddy, mine's name is Nacho
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

In blazes happened to squid buddy lmao. I remember when it was 800k tops and I'm a noob D:

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

that was my gask mask I put in auction should have waited but ok np . plus my squidys name is Business )

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bussinessmanx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

It's very hard to earn credit from Star legends(why must liquidate item only got 5 credits each..). . .All my friends quit play and back play PL or DL. Just because I like scfi theme. i still play SL sometimes
    Last edited by Esoul; 08-29-2012 at 06:05 AM.