Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanities - Intended to be this expensive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Actually the main reason price is so high is due to the supply, not of the items, but gold, since the removal of the previous gold based elixir system, there has been practically no gold removed from the game, even with guilds it's probably quite easy to have someone buy it for plat for u and u pay them less than the stores 250k. I remember at the 50 cap I believe the most pricey thing(I joined around december 2010) was the vyx helm and Jacobs helms which were 400-500k
    Sewer cap got items generally around 1m for top quality items, 51 fury shield and raid recurve were the most I think. That cap was when the plat elixirs were added, but many of the hardcore players had arleady capped with gold elixirs. The demonic sets brought the huge change, I barely played that cap, but sets were over 10 mil for awhile I believe.
    These last too caps have introduce much more easily obtainable sets, but the prices were still around 1 mil an item.
    Dragon sets are actually rare, and have a high demand however, which allows the terrible shape of PLs economy to be revealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

My fault lol didnt realize it was dl :P
    Maybe the firstbit still applies lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    My fault lol didnt realize it was dl :P
    Maybe the firstbit still applies lol
    Still, its explains it very well. The fact that the items are rare and there is a HUUUGE amount of gold in the game drives prices that high.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The lack of adequate places to spend gold on should be something I begin to address in the near future. It's an active thought in my mind, and needs to be handled before the economy and gold in the game gets out of hand for sure.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Thing is, I believe we do need a way to keep gold from inflating. Yes. But at the same time, we need a way to make it worthwhile. What Elyseon said did sound a lot like inflation. The only way gold gets lost is either by elixirs, dark mystery items or in-store vanities, and there is no incentive to buy any really, especially since luck got removed. Luck, however, was what got us into this mess. Legendaries were popping up left and right, and they went cheap. vanities affected the economy after legendaries went cheap a bit later during the L26 cap, and they were aware of it. I still think it's under control as long as more things worth spending gold on were introduced.

So I'll bring up what's-his-face's idea again...

Gambling parlor? Test your luck? lol