Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My opinion on Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    I know that STS didn't intend for this to take over.
    Yes the did... because

They are making a killing because off the elixir addiction
    but I believe that STS and PL as a whole, have gotten away from what they set out to do.
    Unfortunately, I'm almost 100% positive, their mission was to make money. It will never go back. Just like our phone data plans and the price of gasoline.

Best we can do is keep skill alive.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

To me, the funny part is Techno Email...

Techno Email is trying SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to get strategy involved in the game. Making a boss that you need a mega-combo to even hope to kill. Making weapons that can harm your own team or help the enemy, whether in PvE or PvP and insisting that you need to learn how to use them instead of folding to the pubic opinion and changing them.

And then at the same time, Thrashers completely negate ever effort she is putting into making that happen.

I can't wait until she gets so fed up by her efforts going to waste that she starts making content where you need to actually use strategy AND have a thrasher for any chance of success. That'll be the day I hand out my gear to guildies and say good bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I see no hope for this to change. One thing I think which could make help PvE and also not hamper the leveling up process for PvPers would be to disable kills when on elixirs. Could be a solution that works for all parties and also put an end to the kill boosting/solo runs that people do.

@Yich It would not be right to term the people above as 'whiners'. Some of us liked PvE how it used to be and when it was about skill. If something like this were to happen to PvP, I hope it doesnt though, I'd like to read your posts then .
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I'm not a constant thrasher either mostly to get to cap, but I know the other day running in fang not one person on elix and I havent seen so many Mega combos in a run then I did there. I also had a l35 black cat shield (getting festive haha) and did fine with that team. I loved the skill that showed there, we as a team were dominating as if we all had a thrasher.If you have a good team you don't need a thrasher and if your leveling use a xp elix as the speed elix is already glitched and keep with that team. I hate seeing people booting just cause they don't have a thrasher, as long there being bad players in general is only reason I boot
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lUp3:779427
    I see no hope for this to change. One thing I think which could make help PvE and also not hamper the leveling up process for PvPers would be to disable kills when on elixirs. Could be a solution that works for all parties and also put an end to the kill boosting/solo runs that people do.

@Yich It would not be right to term the people above as 'whiners'. Some of us liked PvE how it used to be and when it was about skill. If something like this were to happen to PvP, I hope it doesnt though, I'd like to read your posts then .
    I just don't get why ppl care how someone wants to play. Elixers make the game too easy for you? Don't use them. Seems simple enough.
    gf.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

the only reason why elixir's are there is because sts wants to make profit :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

You play how you want, and I'll play how I want. I dont have hours upon hours of free time like a lot of people, and Ive got disposable income I can spend how I please.

If you don't like people thrashing, then leave the game. This game is not hard, even w/o thrasher, it just allows you to get more done in a short period of time. Stop whining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not been playing the game long but already stopped playing because after reading the forums (always read community forums to see if a game is well supported etc.) its quite clear Elixar usage takes over at end game. I don't mind paying for things but when you are forced to pay for stuff because the community insists on it, you know the game isn't worth continuing with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Up through Alien Oasis, elixirs are not needed. But even in AO3, tbh, we used the gold elixirs on some bosses: usually Tankers Ale. Sewers has archers that are way overpowered. AO3 had them, as yellow aliens, but those were nerfed. You can solo anything up to AO3, except some bosses. After AO3, you can not solo anything, unless you have Thrashers.

Everyone wants the pinks. The pinks do not drop. Bigger Luck doesn't help. You have to use a Thrasher.

They used to give us the first few maps and then we had to pay for the rest of them. Now they just make them progressively more difficult. In the end, it's the same. To play higher levels, we have to pay, one way or the other. I don't like elixirs either, but it's a choice: elixirs or stop at L50.

That's their marketing strategy. If there is another strategy that will earn enough to pay the devs a living wage, let's hear it. We do all think they have earned their pay, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Elixiers are good use them to level up. Or u can take long boring way and lvl without it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    I just don't get why ppl care how someone wants to play. Elixers make the game too easy for you? Don't use them. Seems simple enough.
    Well I never said anything about removing elix there did I. If you do go through the post maybe you'd understand that. Like I did not understand the outrage about Forgotten weps, I guess PvPers would not understand whats happened to PvE.
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airboom View Post
    the only reason why elixir's are there is because sts wants to make profit :P
    Maybe just my interpretation, but it sounds like you think there's something wrong with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frealaf View Post
    its quite clear Elixar usage takes over at end game.
    You must have misunderstood. In no campaign (after reaching endgame) did I spam elixirs. And I haven't had any problems playing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:779281
    All I can say to the whiners is host your own games. Add people that join. Rmk. Not that hard.
    Some people want elixers gone like some want forgotten weapons nerfed...

Guess it goes to show that we only care about what effects us most.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I get the need for elix as a revenue stream. I also understand the prospect of 100k xp is more than a little daunting. However the game in general may be better served by retaining xp and luck and remove all others. This allowing for faster gains but not removing the quality of play and skill that should be needed at endgame.

Just my two plat
    Just my 2 plat

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    You must have misunderstood. In no campaign (after reaching endgame) did I spam elixirs. And I haven't had any problems playing.
    So maybe I have misread the posts on here and the chat ingame about people who get kicked from groups if they don't use Thrashers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frealaf View Post
    So maybe I have misread the posts on here and the chat ingame about people who get kicked from groups if they don't use Thrashers
    I get kicked from games when ON elixir too. You can easily find another game that is not all thrasher. Sometimes it can get annoying when you try 4 games and get kicked from them all.

Honestely, that usually happens before end game, when people are leveling. Much less common when it truly is endgame and the campaign is mature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Up through Alien Oasis, elixirs are not needed. But even in AO3, tbh, we used the gold elixirs on some bosses: usually Tankers Ale. Sewers has archers that are way overpowered. AO3 had them, as yellow aliens, but those were nerfed. You can solo anything up to AO3, except some bosses. After AO3, you can not solo anything, unless you have Thrashers.
    For what it's worth, I've found all the campaigns to be playable without elixirs, although some are harder and thus require better groups to be successful without elixir boosts. But I've had pretty good luck in PUGs without elixirs in all the campaigns. You're right about not being able to solo well without them, but I think that's to be expected. The game is designed to be played by teams of 5, so of course trying to do it alone is hard and would require serious boots. I don't see that as a problem. In fact, I'd be surprised if it weren't the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I don't understand the devs changing my thread title. It's not offensive is it?

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    You play how you want, and I'll play how I want. I dont have hours upon hours of free time like a lot of people, and Ive got disposable income I can spend how I please.

If you don't like people thrashing, then leave the game. This game is not hard, even w/o thrasher, it just allows you to get more done in a short period of time. Stop whining.
    Oh really? Make a level 50 account bear, solo overlord without pots, then we will talk about the difficult of the game. You say the game isn't hard, how long has it been since you haven't used a thrasher constantly?

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer