Thread: Heads up for Battlefield 3 players!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default Heads up for Battlefield 3 players!

Not sure if you know but DICE has released patch notes for the update coming tomorrow because of the new Armored Kill expansion.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654785571482527

Armored kill is coming out first to premium PS3 users on the 5th and XBOX users on the 11th. I don't remember when premium PC users get it though.

If you have any thoughts on the new buffs, nerfs, and fixes, please comment below.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Nerfs? Enlighten me

Sent using chalkboard and freddy claws.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:769792
    Nerfs? Enlighten me

Ok then

Attack Helicopters had two seats: Gunner and Driver. Each could have different gear upgrades (IR sights, TV Missiles, IR Flares, etc.) Until recently, a Driver and Gunner could both have flares, which if used correctly, made the helicopter invulnerable to lock on missiles. DICE is removing the flares from the Gunner seat.

The M16A4 is the default AR for the American team and was the best AR in the game. It had a fast reload, low recoil, good damage, and a 30+1 clip. DICE is giving it more recoil.

The only other nerf is happening to the P90. The long reload is going to be lengthened. (Aka takes longer to reload. A long reload is reloading the gun when emptied of a full clip)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

M16A4 was probably the best gun in the game, other than the G36C of course
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Ok then

Attack Helicopters had two seats: Gunner and Driver. Each could have different gear upgrades (IR sights, TV Missiles, IR Flares, etc.) Until recently, a Driver and Gunner could both have flares, which if used correctly, made the helicopter invulnerable to lock on missiles. DICE is removing the flares from the Gunner seat.

The M16A4 is the default AR for the American team and was the best AR in the game. It had a fast reload, low recoil, good damage, and a 30+1 clip. DICE is giving it more recoil.

The only other nerf is happening to the P90. The long reload is going to be lengthened. (Aka takes longer to reload. A long reload is reloading the gun when emptied of a full clip)
    You mean m16a3? The m16a4 wasnt rapid fire it fired in bursts therefore i never used it lol

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:770347
    Ok then

You mean m16a3? The m16a4 wasnt rapid fire it fired in bursts therefore i never used it lol

To make it easier, all M16 and M4 guns and variants are getting nerfed
    I never remember with the A3 and A4 when I'm not looking at it

Forgot to say this but the .44 magnum is getting nerfed too. It's going to fire slower to show people that the MP412 REX is faster at shooting.
    Last edited by Cahaun; 09-04-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili:770112
    M16A4 was probably the best gun in the game, other than the G36C of course
    DICE had its share with the G36C if I'm not mistaken. The UMP. 45 is finally getting buffed again. It was fine as it was in the beta, but was nerfed when the full version was released.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Forgot to say this but the .44 magnum is getting nerfed too. It's going to fire slower to show people that the MP412 REX is faster at shooting.
    Wow, thats lame. Suprised they arnt nerfing the sniper one its boss with laser sight and holo firing from hip. But when you use sight after five shots recoil is horrible lol so some use it with supressor and a bipod and own like a bawss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:770625

Wow, thats lame. Suprised they arnt nerfing the sniper one its boss with laser sight and holo firing from hip. But when you use sight after five shots recoil is horrible lol so some use it with supressor and a bipod and own like a bawss

You must be talking about the M417? Yea it's ultra. I got 8 kills with it with only a Rifle scope attached (x8) and the laser sight is just overkill at close quarters. The other reason why I use it is because the soldier holds all of the grip instead of with part of the hand. I don't like my thumb sticking out

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

You must be talking about the M417? Yea it's ultra. I got 8 kills with it with only a Rifle scope attached (x8) and the laser sight is just overkill at close quarters. The other reason why I use it is because the soldier holds all of the grip instead of with part of the hand. I don't like my thumb sticking out
    True true, i like to piss people off by sniping with an acog or rred dot taking out them on their sniping post then use m417 for close quarters but i never camp. Camping is overrated i never get kills when camping i just die a lot lol. I was playing rush got a humvy ran over 5 guys killed 3 then died lol so was 8-0 for a while then went negative cause i was using a sniper and trying to camp xP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Lol. Snipe people with the M98B's ironsights only with no attachments over 100 feet away and see how they react. Second thing is that they are sniper class X.x

Downloading Armored Kill right now. It's going to be fun driving around in an ATV.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol. Snipe people with the M98B's ironsights only with no attachments over 100 feet away and see how they react. Second thing is that they are sniper class X.x

Downloading Armored Kill right now. It's going to be fun driving around in an ATV.
    Is bf3 premium worth it? I might get it after i get my hats -$59 after i pay phone bill -$62 and after i pay off pre-order of MOH warfighter -$40 lol tell me how armored kill is though. It looks hella fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Will do but it's really tight as I nearly reached my data limit with all the 1k+ MB downloads I did by getting Premium, Close Quarters, the patch, and Armored Kill. I'm afraid I might not even be able to finish downloading it all :/
    I'll let you know soon.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Will do but it's really tight as I nearly reached my data limit with all the 1k+ MB downloads I did by getting Premium, Close Quarters, the patch, and Armored Kill. I'm afraid I might not even be able to finish downloading it all :/
    I'll let you know soon.
    Alright, and ouch :/

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Yea I'm not going to play BF3 online for about two weeks. If you want a lot of assignments to work at, add a new look to your soldier or gun, or get early access to new maps and content, premium is for you. There are future "drops" that add more camos, weapons (So far only the ACB-90), and assignments. You'll get 2 weeks early access to the new expansions coming and get them all free after upgrading. I'd say it's worth it if you want to go end game or play with a lot of variety than the base modes and maps.
    May I ask what platform you play on and what your name is on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Here's an InTheWorks review video on AK (Armored Kill). He has really good videos on Battlefield and other stuff like game reviews and underused weapons. Thought this'd give you a small idea on it. I'm getting my data reset in a few hours, so I'll add more comments on that including the next expansion coming in December.