Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 63 IS appropriate for Lost Villas!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default Level 63 IS appropriate for Lost Villas!

There was once a time when you could join any map. Low level leechers would join maps and have to be booted. But after a lot of pleading from people, myself included, the devs established minimum levels for zones. Then they added some plat elixirs that allowed people to leech, if they pay.

For the zone called Lost Villas, the minimum level is 63.

Yesterday my alt's daily blessing was a 24 hr 3x combo elixir. His name is Corelli. He's level 63 because I naturally leveled my main first. But he had the blessing, so I figured I'd get him some xp. I grabbed another combo elix, because the blessing stacks, and went into a public Lost Villas instance.

Suffice it to say that 3x + 4x = 7x, so my L63 was practically invulnerable.

Yet upon entering the zone, a level 70 declared me to be a leecher and told the other guys in the zone that he was gong to remake and ditch the lowbie. Frankly, with 7x combo (after stacking) my toon can solo Lost Villas.

I contacted the level 70 player and told him I am no noob, that I've been here for a long time, that I don't leech. But of course, he assumed I was lying. I said I'd show him my shields. Naturally, anyone who has been here as long as me has vanities that others can't get. But then I thought, y'know, there's only one thing I have to show to prove I am who I say I am, which is the one you can see on my avatar. So he said, come join my game and show me. So I did.

Not that it matters. I mean, if someone just doesn't want to play with you, there's no reason to try to change their mind. There are plenty more instances going on.

But what I'm trying to say is, some of us spent a lot of time and effort to convince the devs to implement these minimum levels, and to implement the minimum mob kills to spawn a boss. And there is no longer any need to set yourself up as an enforcer to attempt to raise the minimum level. The minimum level for Villas is 63.

Besides, when I'm using an effective 7x combo, the L70s are the leechers, dangit!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Some of these guys used a lot of elixirs to get to 70.
    One of those elixirs is a stacking3x "I know more than everyone ever" and "I'm the boss of the world" ego shield.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I know what you mean. Its just as bad as getting booted from elite dunfeon when the person invites you, and the person that ivited you is the one that boots you because you dont have extra plat to buy a 4x combo lixir it always is like wtf? If you dont spend money you cant technically have fun and run with the big guns without them booting you because you might possibly get a pink without a elixir and they will be all butt hurt? Hm seems like they take the game too seriously lol. But that is my opinion. I also have an item that shows ive been here for a while xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Does your 7X combo get him higher XP? I just ask because having a non-70 in Lost Villas gets all the 70's lower XP. That ~might~ be where the issue came in. Were all the other players 70's?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x, you just had the cap for damage multipliers. Only reason to get thrasher is for xp, if you have a 3x blessing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    ...having a non-70 in Lost Villas gets all the 70's lower XP.
    I did not now this. I don't even know how this can be. Are you sure?

And no, there were some 68s in there, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x, you just had the cap for damage multipliers. Only reason to get thrasher is for xp, if you have a 3x blessing.
    Even with 4.5 dm he would completely pwn! :P

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xionskull View Post
    Even with 4.5 dm he would completely pwn! :P
    If I had this kind of xp multiplier, Id be doing mega maze. Lulz.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

If I had this kind of xp multiplier, Id be doing mega maze. Lulz.
    He stacked a 3x blessing and 4x combo lol... Bam 7x

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Its just as bad as getting booted from elite dunfeon when the person invites you, and the person that ivited you is the one that boots you because you dont have extra plat to buy a 4x combo lixir it always is like wtf?
    mmm that person would immediately be removed from my FL and put on my ignore list. Getting booted is one thing... just have to deal with it. Getting booted by a friend... that's a slap in the face.

Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x
    Where did you find that information? Never heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I agree with you. Not saying what Fluff said is false... but it doesn't seem to make much sense if it is indeed the case.
    Last edited by Rare; 09-28-2012 at 11:08 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Where did you find that information? Never heard it before.

I agree with you. Not saying what Fluff said is false... but it doesn't seem to make much sense if it is indeed the case.
    Its around... Ill look for it I guess. I think TechnoEmail said something about it recently.

Edit: here it is. She says its just over 3x on her 2nd post in the thread, but I think shes wrong. Devs said previously that the flower vanity shield gave max damage multiplier, which was around 4.5. Yw.
    Link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lixir-Stacking
    Last edited by Yich; 09-28-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

And no, there were some 68s in there, too.
    If there were 68's then it would not make a difference. It is only a full 70/71 vs having any one under 70. If the whole party is 70 or above you get a yellow threat, when there is ~anyone~ under 70, the threat drops to white.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yich, I don't read what she said to mean that 3x is max damage. She said "in this case", which was after 1.5x + 2x + 1.5x (which is 5x), so add 3x more to get 8x. I read it to mean that 8x, for her toon, brings her to max damage. But I have to admit, it's very convoluted and I may have read it wrongly. What I take from it is that there a a cap on damage in terms of a real number, and depending on your weapon, strength, and modifiers, once you reach the cap, additional elixirs will not increase damage (same for armor).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yellow threat is 1.25 xp, still, right? I'll have to try this out on my main.

p.s. I wonder if it is only for that zone...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Yich, I don't read what she said to mean that 3x is max damage. She said "in this case", which was after 1.5x + 2x + 1.5x (which is 5x), so add 3x more to get 8x. I read it to mean that 8x, for her toon, brings her to max damage. But I have to admit, it's very convoluted and I may have read it wrongly. What I take from it is that there a a cap on damage in terms of a real number, and depending on your weapon, strength, and modifiers, once you reach the cap, additional elixirs will not increase damage (same for armor).
    Ok. You dont read it to mean 3x is max multiplier allowed? Here, Ill highlight the important areas for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    There is a cap on how much Armor and Damage you can have. If you have max. armor, you are as close to invincible as possible. I don't know the actual cap percentage, but from my tests it seems like it's a little over ~75% damage mitigation. Same goes for damage. If you have max damage, you are as powerful as possible. I don't know the exact multiplier cap, but my tests show that damage can be multiplied by slightly more than 3x.

So, there is a benefit to stacking armor and damage elixirs. They allow you to max. out your damage and armor. It is impossible to max. out damage and armor without either a double armor/damage weekend, or stacking elixirs.

One last thing to note - the benefit of stacking damage and armor is limited by the armor and damage caps. This comparison illustrates why:
    A. Stacking a thrasher on a 1.5x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 4.5x XP.
    B. Stacking a thrasher on a 3x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 6x XP.

I hope that clarifies some of your questions! (Now...back to making the expansion!!!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

If there were 68's then it would not make a difference. It is only a full 70/71 vs having any one under 70. If the whole party is 70 or above you get a yellow threat, when there is ~anyone~ under 70, the threat drops to white.
    Shoudln't a lower lvl team (on average) have a higher threat level and therefore gain more xp? I believe the idea is the weaker the party, the more xp.

I tested in Villas the following team combinations

1x71 >> threat level: white

1x71 and 1x69 >> for 71 white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 and 1x66 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red, for 66 red

Therefore I don't think that a lower level would drop the threat level. My 69 will soon become 70 so I can test again if you want. Or we could test together if you prefer.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin:795549
    Shoudln't a lower lvl team (on average) have a higher threat level and therefore gain more xp? I believe the idea is the weaker the party, the more xp.

I tested in Villas the following team combinations

1x71 >> threat level: white

1x71 and 1x69 >> for 71 white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 and 1x66 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red, for 66 red

Therefore I don't think that a lower level would drop the threat level. My 69 will soon become 70 so I can test again if you want. Or we could test together if you prefer.
    You are proving what Fluff said. Basically if you have a party of 70's the threat level is yellow, thus more xp. If a lower level joins, the threat level turns to white. I believe I was in a party of 4 70s and 1 69, and it was yellow. A 70 left, another lower level joined, and it turned white.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Seems you are right guys. So as soon as my bird hit 70 I tested and found the following:

So here ^ a lvl 70 character solo sees threat lvl white.

Here ^ two lower level players added and threat lvl is still white.

Here ^ with two 71 players added threat lvl becomes yellow!!

So contrary to my initial belief, a higher ranked team does yield better xp!
    Fair enough, I was wrong, thanks go to Fluff and Zheo
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

1.5x + 2x stacks to 250% meaning 2.5x
    Pls read her post carefully

I think she meant in this case having the daily 1.5x blessing and adding the 3x combo (thrasher, we don't talk about xp here) would max ur damage or armor, which would be 3.5x as a maximum, not 4.5x.

But that doesn't apply to special weekends like the mother days flower power (lol), which added truly 4,5x damage to Ur stats (at least that was my impression).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Xp is based of individual character level, not team level. Unless things changed in Humania, at 70 a character would get 1 xp/kill, while a 63 would get 2 xp/kill in the same group.