Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A second chance for all people who wish to obtain the previous vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    ...Forgive the lack of diplomacy but needs to be said get over it or find a new game to play.
    Exactly why new players should be warned, so they can be given the choice to find a new game to play or play under an unfair system until STS fixes the problem.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Exactly why new players should be warned, so they can be given the choice to find a new game to play or play under an unfair system until STS fixes the problem.
    It's not a problem. Only problem is people continue to make excuses/reasons for why they should have something they weren't around for. Trust me, with your "fairness" attitude, you wouldn't have handled the 83k xp, non-Thrasher's, lose your elixir if you die Sewer world because all of that would be "unfair" by today's PL.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

...Forgive the lack of diplomacy but needs to be said get over it or find a new game to play.
    No players are not the one making mountains from mole hills. Toy are playing the martyr here and when that doesn't work you feel the need to take your show on the road? Cold hard truth of the world kid you don't always get what you want. Time to move on
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    It's not a problem. Only problem is people continue to make excuses/reasons for why they should have something they weren't around for. Trust me, with your "fairness" attitude, you wouldn't have handled the 83k xp, non-Thrasher's, lose your elixir if you die Sewer world because all of that would be "unfair" by today's PL.

<<<<<<guilty of taunting traps when he saw people of the xp pots
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

different.
    Fair = opportunity. People starting the game now can choose to go for the Elite cap now or not. STS chooses to use platinum to overcome the time involvement needed. YOu can spend lots of time or you can speed it up with plat. However, no matter, what, they cannot get the 50HP bonus that used to attach to the previous vanities, thereby making two different classes of players. The loss of that opportunity to equal the playing field has been denied.

Fair=/= oppurtunity. Is it fair that illegal immigrants sneak into the country so they can get an equal oppurtunity as Americans? And no you'll say "that's totally different," whatever. Point is this, and this should be the end of the thread right here:

This is STS's game, theyll do with it as they see fit, and we can whine and complain all we want, it still doesn't matter. Besides, they already said the items will never come back and the bonus will never go away, end of story.

Hell, we technically dont even own our characters, accounts, items, or anything else in any of STS's games per their TOS.

GET OVER IT EVERYONE
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 10-07-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added "don't even"

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Here's my opinion... All old school veterans have the right to keep their precious elite vanities exclusive. I'm not saying give new guys like I COPs and SHs... But I'd like a chance to get new vanities that sparkle and have almost the same stat bonus. Just because I joined late doesn't mean I should be left out D:!

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Here's my opinion... All old school veterans have the right to keep their precious elite vanities exclusive. I'm not saying give new guys like I COPs and SHs... But I'd like a chance to get new vanities that sparkle and have almost the same stat bonus. Just because I joined late doesn't mean I should be left out D:!
    Actually.... it does Noods. I joined late, missed out on Founder's and missed Halloween 2010 by 1 week. Oh well. I missed out on the Avengers plat packs cause I took a break. Oh well.

Life is full of "oh wells".

Also, many of us have stated we would do without the bonuses. Would everyone still want to grind for them if bonuses were removed?? Nope.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Nothing matches that awful thing. But I'm all for pulling stats for all vanities. Would be nice to put my founder helm on and not have to hear about people cry about 5 damage
    Wear that with pride!

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Nothing matches that awful thing. But I'm all for pulling stats for all vanities. Would be nice to put my founder helm on and not have to hear about people cry about 5 damage
    Wear that with pride!
    Oh I do and I refuse to participate in any tournament or anything of the sort that excludes it going forward
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Oh I do and I refuse to participate in any tournament or anything of the sort that excludes it going forward
    LIES! You participated in CrimsonTider's tournament and it banned founders.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    LIES! You participated in CrimsonTider's tournament and it banned founders.
    Decided when I saw the l17, after I defended the rights of endgamers to keep the vanity sets exclusive.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Decided when I saw the l17, after I defended the rights of endgamers to keep the vanity sets exclusive.
    Ah, I see. Well, if I host any end game tourneys, I'm also banning vanity sets, just saying. So there's no double standard from me that you'll see.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    oh maybe just restart the whole game with a 25 cap?
    Suppose the dev's do take this into consideration, and suppose you had a lvl 71 mage in which you spent almost $50 on leveling with elixirs. would you be happy to restart from 25? and all of that hard work gone to waste? alot of people are going to be really angry if they restart at 25 and most likely will quit.

Lvl [76] Mage: Anology Lvl [15] Bird: Ghostmerch
    Lvl [35] Mage: Iheartyouu Lvl [75] Bird: Gestures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    This is different. It's not about the bonus with new/forthcoming vanities, but the OP asks for a chance to get discontinued vanities.

Vamp, you have played many games. Could you inform us about the situation with discontinued items in other MMOs? Are there discontinued and untradeable items that give their owners a permanent advantage over newer players? What happens in GW, WoW and O&C?
    Nope, there are no discontinued items that gives permanent advantage over newer players in all other games I played. If it has any influence in combat, it's definitely accessible to all players. If you look outside of PL, it will support this thread for sure.

But PL has its own style of doing things. Rather than abruptly change something they prefer time to work for them. Maybe this is the best way to avoid older players feeling unimportant. By not giving bonuses in future vanities, in the long run, you will see less and less of these old vanities...and more "true vanities" without stats. So it's not an overnight solution, true, but somewhere down the road, these older players with old vanities will slowly disappear to move on doing better things in life or in other games...let them enjoy this time with their remaining time, soon, the time of non-stat'd vanities will come. Patience, I think STS is on this thread's side, but they took the longer route.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 10-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #135
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Thread closed
    1. Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post: