Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why is rushing an issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Sounds good. ^+1

But not 100 years.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Fine, like 2 When the lvl cap is 100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Fine, like 2 When the lvl cap is 100.
    Aiight sounds better.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    history of rushing

Twinks lvl 19 started the "go" thing cause there low levels and I guess it'd make some sorta since to say go seeing as tho you can die from one - two skills

Noob twinks eventually leveled up to level cap spreading the "go" thing. Guilds implemented causeing the "go nazi's" to form teaming groups to kill all "rushers"

Old players/well knowledges players of the game don't want a ruin k/d from being teamed by these "go nazi's" so they follow along

So I say screw you nazi's ^.^ and I will kill everyone in pvp on the opposite side of my team regardless of my relation to you through friendship or anything else. If you choose to take it as an insult its not my fault your sensitive. It's a video game they created a 1v1 map for a reason. Go 1v1 there cause that's all saying go is. The map is literally generalized as THREE VS THREE OR FIVE VS FIVE there is no free for all game mode so stop asking if its FFA or not. It's made for 3v3 so play 3v3 or go sit in town or be killed by me and rage and punch your pillow. You pick. It's a video game. Play it.
    actually didn't start until level 19s became lvl 20s. Before, you'd have 'go matches' to see who was the better twink because both twinks in question were notably superior to the other average pvpers. but yeah, point taken.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerious For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

becuz wushing hewts peeplez feelingz

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entertaining For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I have a thread about some ideas that can be implemented to fix PvP in the PvP section of the forums.

I believe rushing is an issue because people who believe this game is built on 1 vs 1 and wants to see who is the superior twink. I also believe this is because the PvP games don't require much teamwork. People aren't mature enough to accept defeat.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 10-09-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If you want a 1v1 Go make a duel in the desert map.
    Here's the thing. Have you realised that in dark legends, there is no such things as go?
    Most of them team, or "rush"
    i get the feeling that dark legends is an example of the "real pvp"
    As jop(famous rusher in leaderboards) said,"This was how pvp was meant to be"
    I get the feeling a lot that through much evolution in pocket legends, it has involved into a more "civilized place" Where Good People>Bad people
    a place where law exist.
    I myself, think that all maps should be ffa, I don't get why Ctf matches are Always ffa and tdm are not.
    I'm afraid eventually, PvP will be a place where people are always whining about rushing.

PvP was meant to rush. Deal with it.

If it was not made for "rushing" It shouldn't be called Players vs Players. Just whiners vs whiners.

Disclaimer: This is only my point of view so do not feel offended if you disagree.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's all in what they say after they rush :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Also if they rush in a group with other rushers :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont think the problem is rushers. A ffa sometimes is always funny but there is no respect in those ffa and get teamed 3vs1 instead of someone switch to make a fair fight. This kind of player is more boring than a rusher

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elismar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elismar View Post
    I dont think the problem is rushers. A ffa sometimes is always funny but there is no respect in those ffa and get teamed 3vs1 instead of someone switch to make a fair fight. This kind of player is more boring than a rusher
    I don't even think anyone has heard something so simply stated yet so wise before. There was a time when people wanted to swap teams to make it fair and improve their talent by facing "pros" or harder opponents. That time has passed. Now it's about who rushes, who doesn't rush, who's a threat, and who's not a threat. The fun and skill of it has long since passed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

People rush for reasons like:
    Want kills
    Want revenge
    Think u a noob
    Think u cant do nothing
    is a bully
    etc..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

PvP is made for a reason. Kill the enemy faster than they kill you. If you get all sensitive, there's a reason that the ignore button is there. Yeah, you can say go, but what fun of it is in that? You're just wasting your time in which you could've demolished the other team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords:812354
    People rush for reasons like:
    Want kills
    Want revenge
    Think u a noob
    Think u cant do nothing
    is a bully
    etc..

You forgot..

-Likes fast paced pvp
    -can't sit around waiting for fights due to time constraints
    -gets pleasure being called a noob kid from noob kids.

I have more but that whole time constraints thing...
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    You forgot..

-Likes fast paced pvp
    -can't sit around waiting for fights due to time constraints
    -gets pleasure being called a noob kid from noob kids.

I have more but that whole time constraints thing...
    Thats why i added the Etc.. in the end just cause its a whole long list

Once Upon Blacksmoke Mountain | 0.0 IM ACTUALLY OUTSIDE YOU HOUSE..................................
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

rushing isn't bad its just indecent and maybe sometimes people want to have a god fight!

Modalex - Lvl 75 Elf - Skuxxbird - Secret Approaching Lvl 76 Bird - Modalex Lvl 13 Rogue - ADD ME IF YOU[I WISH, IM REALLY NICE! [/I]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

That's because many players in this game are newbies of PVP in general. They have their own way of interpreting the combat and this is what we get. PVP has been in existence for decades not limited to MMORPGs and this is not how PvP is interpreted. If rushing was such an indecent thing to do, how would you explain games like Starcraft, DOTA, Warcraft, and other PVP-centric games? They're no different, it's still PvP, and being able to attack someone first puts the other player in a disadvantageous position, so "rushing" is part of the strategy in those games but nobody's calling it foul...in fact, in many rpg's there are classes that has skills that involve killing other players behind their backs (rogues, thieves, assassins, etc.).

I wonder what these players in PL would feel if they get backstabbed to death by a stealthed player??? Come over to WoW or Guildwars 2, this is what I'll do, I'll sneak up behind you sltealthed...slash your back twice and poison you, then I will run away as far as I can and watch you hit air like a madman and slowly die by the poison...if you happen to survive after the poison wears off, I'll simply put up my stealth once again and slash your neck from behind

Maybe hop in a Starcraft game and someone "zerg rushes" you in minutes giving you no time to prepare, maybe join a DOTA game and someone uses Vengeful Spirit's "Nether Swap" (switch position with targeted hero) so he can switch position with you and voila you're right next to his teammates ready to team on you helpless while he teleport away to safety using another teleport skill (blink dagger), or in a typical FPS MMORPG other players try to snipe you without warning, etc....so many more games that would show you that rushing, teaming, or backstabbing is part of PvP. That's my observation, the game is being run by newbies of PvP in general, less competitive, more excuses, more talk, less action...this is the only game with a PvP Arena where I can stand for minutes without dying while I'm within striking distance from an opponent...the culture is simply not matured enough to take on competitive gameplay, too emotional because of lack in overall experience of majority of PvP'ers.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 10-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I'm tired of "morons" and "noobs" who cannot express themselves in a manner other than sounding like idiots.
    Thus, we have all learned from crimson that if you have nothing interesting to say then correct their grammar or their manner of language. Thank you crimson... I will now do as you and post useless comments to instigate an argument.

On topic: There is no such thing as rushing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy:815292
    That's because many players in this game are newbies of PVP in general. They have their own way of interpreting the combat and this is what we get. PVP has been in existence for decades not limited to MMORPGs and this is not how PvP is interpreted. If rushing was such an indecent thing to do, how would you explain games like Starcraft, DOTA, Warcraft, and other PVP-centric games? They're no different, it's still PvP, and being able to attack someone first puts the other player in a disadvantageous position, so "rushing" is part of the strategy in those games but nobody's calling it foul...in fact, in many rpg's there are classes that has skills that involve killing other players behind their backs (rogues, thieves, assassins, etc.).

I wonder what these players in PL would feel if they get backstabbed to death by a stealthed player??? Come over to WoW or Guildwars 2, this is what I'll do, I'll sneak up behind you sltealthed...slash your back twice and poison you, then I will run away as far as I can and watch you hit air like a madman and slowly die by the poison...if you happen to survive after the poison wears off, I'll simply put up my stealth once again and slash your neck from behind

Maybe hop in a Starcraft game and someone "zerg rushes" you in minutes giving you no time to prepare, maybe join a DOTA game and someone uses Vengeful Spirit's "Nether Swap" (switch position with targeted hero) so he can switch position with you and voila you're right next to his teammates ready to team on you helpless while he teleport away to safety using another teleport skill (blink dagger), or in a typical FPS MMORPG other players try to snipe you without warning, etc....so many more games that would show you that rushing, teaming, or backstabbing is part of PvP. That's my observation, the game is being run by newbies of PvP in general, less competitive, more excuses, more talk, less action...this is the only game with a PvP Arena where I can stand for minutes without dying while I'm within striking distance from an opponent...the culture is simply not matured enough to take on competitive gameplay, too emotional because of lack in overall experience of majority of PvP'ers.
    BOOM!

what I've been saying since I started pvp here. (In less words ofc)
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Why is rushing an issue?

I don't know what do say on this....
    But,
    People on both sides of this "argument" are very biased.

Maybe this is why I don't enjoy coming on the forums anymore.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177