Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Drop Rates in Underworld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

One boss dropped three pinks on our party and not everyone was using Shamrock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

HINT HINT!! when crafting comes, everyone will farm even more. More drops and more money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The people getting lots of pinks are using luck elixirs. Yes, the drop rate is pretty low, which is how it should be. Not everyone should be wearing pink gear. If you can't afford pink gear, get purple gear -- the stats of the lvl75 purple gear is actually quite good. Or get a lvl70 crafted set -- the prices on those have come way down. If everyone has it, then it should not be a pink item as it's way too common.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I was there yesterday for about an hour. Aprox 12 games, all games were full, and I saw 6 pinks drop (1x Fly hood, 1x Sharp cowl, 2x Fly recurve and 2x Sharp eye) and got a Sharp Eye myself. At that time CS value was about 5.6 mill total, I'd say pretty impressive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Unfortunately, due to the advent of large amounts of people running with Shamus elixirs all the time, the drop rates have had to be lowered in general in order to allow pinks to remain "somewhat" rare. The result of this is a vicious cycle where, without 100% luck, your chances of getting a pink have drastically lowered even further. I'm not necessarily against elixirs, but if there's one that I'd like to see retired, it's the Shamus, because the difference between 100% luck and the normal drop rate is screwing with the system more than anything.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I just wanna see some rare gear. Some stuff that only a few people have. Something to work towards as a good long term goal. If they keep increasing drop rates of everything, some of us end game players are going to become bored very fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is a free to play,but pay to win game.For some people who dont use/buy plats its pretty hard to get strong in short span of time. You really need to farm patiently. I got my lvl 75 sharp dragonscale scepter set, just bought it. From 71-75 i got zero pink drop. Im lucky to get 1.25 xp twice or 1.5 combo blessing once helps me reach71 to 75. If u dont get pinks try merching, best way to get rich. I farm dragon vanity but its no use without thrasher or shamrock, you will just get frustrated, from idk how many runs i did at vampire feast i got zero dragon vanity. Im so lucky in this game lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, merching is how I got 75% of my stuff. I made many millions from doing that. I do get plat but not a lot like so many other players. I bought some plat back in August when they had the plat sale and haven't gotten any more since then. Every once in a while I get a shamrock elixir, but usually I only farm a lot when I get a daily combo elixir. Otherwise I spend my time merching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I myself merch and farm. Dragons are conquering pvp and endgame. People that dont buy plat have a difficult time in this game. which is the biggest situation in this game right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

recieved: Beastly Dragonscale Helmet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

share with me!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've gotten 2 pinks. 1 on each toon and despite the fact that up until now I've been using wicked dumpsters and thrashers, I actually got the pinks without a re-roll. And now that I didn't get an elixir on either of my toons for the daily blessing, I actually have nothing much to do in PL. if I knew that shamus really did help get pinks, I would actually try it a couple of times so I can complete my sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Well, it definitely helps. I don't think there's any question about that. 100% luck means you'll have the normal drop rate for pinks plus the drop rate for purples (which will re-roll) working in your favor. The drop rate for purples is somewhat low as well, so it's not like you'll be getting pinks on every single run, but it obviously increases your chances significantly.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Well, it definitely helps. I don't think there's any question about that. 100% luck means you'll have the normal drop rate for pinks plus the drop rate for purples (which will re-roll) working in your favor. The drop rate for purples is somewhat low as well, so it's not like you'll be getting pinks on every single run, but it obviously increases your chances significantly.
    You're absolutely right except about the part about significantly. There's a thread here that does the math but if you have a 1% chance of getting a pink, a 100% luck increases your chances to 1.2%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    You're absolutely right except about the part about significantly. There's a thread here that does the math but if you have a 1% chance of getting a pink, a 100% luck increases your chances to 1.2%.
    Actually you are wrong. 100% luck means that every single drop re-rolls to better drop, if one is available. So, if drop rate for purples is x% and for pinks y%, odds for getting pink with 100% re-roll is x%+y%, which surely is significantly higher that y%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I just wanna see some rare gear. Some stuff that only a few people have. Something to work towards as a good long term goal. If they keep increasing drop rates of everything, some of us end game players are going to become bored very fast.
    Then they should not use elixers to cap in 4 days and instead do normal runs+farm. That won't be boring..

I see the drop rates are quite better than Humania in it's early days.. Can't understand why ppl whine so much..

Ooh, the drop rates are too low.. Oh, man drop drop rates are too high..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

No reason to wear bigger luck with a shamus.
    Shamus plus big/bigger luck =100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    Um, what? You're saying that if pinks have a 1% drop rate, then purples must have 0.2%. Whatever thread it is that "did the math" is just plain wrong.

Talking ballpark figures, if pinks drop at a 1% rate, then purples would be more like 5-10% range depending on the map. If you're on a Shamus elixir, then purples automatically equal pink, so your chances of getting a drop have jumped from 1% to 6-11%. In other words, from one-in-a-hundred to somewhere approaching the one-in-ten range. If you ask me, that's a more than "significant" change in odds.
    Last edited by McBain; 11-01-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    No reason to wear bigger luck with a shamus.
    Shamus plus big/bigger luck =100%
    LOL true
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Um, what? You're saying that if pinks have a 1% drop rate, then purples must have 0.2%. Whatever thread it is that "did the math" is just plain wrong.

Talking ballpark figures, if pinks drop at a 1% rate, then purples would be more like 5-10% range depending on the map. If you're on a Shamus elixir, then purples automatically equal pink, so you've your chances of getting a drop have jumped from 1% to 6-11%. In other words, from one-in-a-hundred to somewhere approaching the one-in-ten range. If you ask me, that's a more than "significant" change in odds.
    I agree