Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gg Obama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It's about if our country can handle another 4 years of Obama.
    It is in my opinion that our country needed 4 more years of Obama. He started the ball rolling on many different initiatives that will help us in the long run. If Romney would have taken office, he would have put an end to many of those initiatives and rolled our progress back. He would have wasted much of Obama's effort, and wasted his own time trying to shift gears. It would have taken longer to get the economy on it's feet, and we would have been worse off for it. At least now we can finish what we started and climb out of this hole we are in.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol, its funny to see people say how bad fox is. My point on that is all the rest tallk bad about stuff the other party is doing so dont go around saying this new media isnt doing it they're all guilty of it no matter what you watch

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Lol, its funny to see people say how bad fox is. My point on that is all the rest tallk bad about stuff the other party is doing so dont go around saying this new media isnt doing it they're all guilty of it no matter what you watch

You must be blind if you cannot see how foxnews is the worst of the bunch... by far.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I think drinking certain kinds of Kool-Aid causes pessimism. I think they use the force of anger and helplessness for no other purpose than to earn money. It behooves them to continue to have a house divided against itself.

In order to maintaina democracy, you sometimes have to swallow your pill. In my life, half the time The guy I pick loses and half the time he wins. People on both sides exagerate and fake offense. They are not interested in real work, they only want to be the center of attention. So they grab ahold of an ideology and use it to avoid work. A pox on both their houses!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    You must be blind if you cannot see how foxnews is the worst of the bunch... by far.
    I dont like how you shot down my opinion in that type of manor. And also from what ive seen everyone else during political reelection focuses on romney this romney that when fox goes obama this(bad) obama this(goodish) romney this(ehh) romney this(good). Thats hoe i saw it. They make it fair and equal and dont shoot down opinions because of political views *cough* and they may make smart jokes but who care? I like jokes lol something that keeps me interested. I also dont watch the news part of fox news. More so i would watch hanity and glenn beck, but glenn beck has his own channel "the blaze" so i dont really watch fox news for anything else.
    Also if you dont mind say what obama has done good for the country in no less than 500 words. I wanna see what you come up wih out of curiousity

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:845274
    I dont like how you shot down my opinion in that type of manor. And also from what ive seen everyone else during political reelection focuses on romney this romney that when fox goes obama this(bad) obama this(goodish) romney this(ehh) romney this(good). Thats hoe i saw it. They make it fair and equal and dont shoot down opinions because of political views *cough* and they may make smart jokes but who care? I like jokes lol something that keeps me interested. I also dont watch the news part of fox news. More so i would watch hanity and glenn beck, but glenn beck has his own channel "the blaze" so i dont really watch fox news for anything else.
    Also if you dont mind say what obama has done good for the country in no less than 500 words. I wanna see what you come up wih out of curiousity

Hannity and Beck are the definitions of fair and balanced.
    gf.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Hannity and Beck are the definitions of fair and balanced.
    Thats all i watch. Lol, i dont know why people say its crap before asking what part of fox news you watch lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I will tell you, and I don't need 500 words.

As I was growing up, I was taught that democracy was the hope for freedom for all people in the world. I was taught that America has a mission to spread democracy to all people. I learned about the Constitution and came to understand that the Structure of the government, and the methods of citizen participation went beyond what I wanted. My desires, I came to understand, were only the desires of one person, and in a democracy, to get it my way, I would have to convince other people to my perspective.

So I joined the Navy and swore to defend the Constitution.

But after I got home from the service, I started seeing a DISTURBING PATTERN. Politicians in America were not respecting the democratic choices of people in other countries!!!!! This upset me terribly and I lost faith in humanity. It wasn't just one party, either. It was both. Carter supported the Contras. In fact, every President and every Secretary of State in my life, up till now, has thwarted democracy because of American business interests in other countries. It was embarassing.

See, if you believe in democracy, sometime you have to accept that the people voted the opposite of what you wanted. If you believe indemocracy, then it becomes time to be the loyal opposition. Or if it is another country, then you have to establish diplomatic relations with the leaders those people elected, even if they are the Muslim Brotherhood.

In the last four years, this has changed. The curesnt Secretary of State has enacted the current President's foreign policy of respecting the democratic decisions of people in other countries. That is why Obama said we don't know yet if Egypt is our friend. We hope so, and we resoect their choises, but it is up to them if they want to be our friend.

This change in American foreign policy is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Nobody else seems to have noticed, but I am an idealistic guy and this just won me over. Of course Netanyahu doesn't like it. But we have to respect the people of Israel, too, and they have to respect us, even when we disagree.

And in my deeply felt opinion, one must support democracy above business interests. Thank you, Mr. President, for making it so I don't have to feel shame for America's support of militRy dictators anymore!!!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I will tell you, and I don't need 500 words.

As I was growing up, I was taught that democracy was the hope for freedom for all people in the world. I was taught that America has a mission to spread democracy to all people. I learned about the Constitution and came to understand that the Structure of the government, and the methods of citizen participation went beyond what I wanted. My desires, I came to understand, were only the desires of one person, and in a democracy, to get it my way, I would have to convince other people to my perspective.

So I joined the Navy and swore to defend the Constitution.

But after I got home from the service, I started seeing a DISTURBING PATTERN. Politicians in America were not respecting the democratic choices of people in other countries!!!!! This upset me terribly and I lost faith in humanity. It wasn't just one party, either. It was both. Carter supported the Contras. In fact, every President and every Secretary of State in my life, up till now, has thwarted democracy because of American business interests in other countries. It was embarassing.

See, if you believe in democracy, sometime you have to accept that the people voted the opposite of what you wanted. If you believe indemocracy, then it becomes time to be the loyal opposition. Or if it is another country, then you have to establish diplomatic relations with the leaders those people elected, even if they are the Muslim Brotherhood.

In the last four years, this has changed. The curesnt Secretary of State has enacted the current President's foreign policy of respecting the democratic decisions of people in other countries. That is why Obama said we don't know yet if Egypt is our friend. We hope so, and we resoect their choises, but it is up to them if they want to be our friend.

This change in American foreign policy is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Nobody else seems to have noticed, but I am an idealistic guy and this just won me over. Of course Netanyahu doesn't like it. But we have to respect the people of Israel, too, and they have to respect us, even when we disagree.

And in my deeply felt opinion, one must support democracy above business interests. Thank you, Mr. President, for making it so I don't have to feel shame for America's support of militRy dictators anymore!!!
    Thanks for your opinion without me asking you. Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences aswell. So it flows two ways id say but thats from my young eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

First and foremost, as previously stated. He slowed down the recession. He prevented us from going into another depression. I am surprised more people do not recognize this as a major accomplishment. We were in a bad way, and he came up with a measured recovery plan that has stopped the momentum of the recession and has many people saying that we are in recovery now. This is a huge deal.

Automotive Industry saved.

Wall Street reform.

Refocused on Afghanistan, instead of Iraq.

Holding prisoners in Guantanamo Bay for 8 years without charging them was acceptable under Bush's administration. Obama put an end to that.

Green energy and environmental endeavors have been pushed to the forefront, where it should be.

Made Education a national priority.

Universal health care (with a public option). No matter who you are, when you are sick you will have healthcare. It doesn't matter if people don't like it, it will help millions of people.

Restored international ties and has the best foreign policy we have seen in a long time.

Trying to get automatic weapons off the street. Why the hell do people need automatic weapons to go hunting?

Killed Osama bin laden.

Race to the top: 4.35 billion program of grants to reward states for education reform.

Raised fuel efficiency standards. By 2025 fuel enconomy for cars and trucks will almost double what they are now.

Expanded health coverage for children. This allowed CHIP to cover health care for 4 million new children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.

Expanded stem cell research

Declared carbon dioxide a pollutant.

many many more small and big things.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences as well.
    huh?! Sorry, but I'm flabbergasted! You don't believe in democracy? Then I don't know what to tell you. We have people dying for your freedoms. I'm stunned. I will not discuss this further.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

First and foremost, as previously stated. He slowed down the recession. He prevented us from going into another depression. I am surprised more people do not recognize this as a major accomplishment. We were in a bad way, and he came up with a measured recovery plan that has stopped the momentum of the recession and has many people saying that we are in recovery now. This is a huge deal.

Wall Street reform.

Holding prisoners in Guantanamo Bay for 8 years without charging them was acceptable under Bush's administration. Obama put an end to that.

Green energy and environmental endeavors have been pushed to the forefront, where it should be.

Universal health care (with a public option). No matter who you are, when you are sick you will have healthcare. It doesn't matter if people don't like it, it will help millions of people.

Restored international ties and has the best foreign policy we have seen in a long time.

Trying to get automatic weapons off the street. Why the hell do people need automatic weapons to go hunting?

Killed Osama bin laden.

Race to the top: 4.35 billion program of grants to reward states for education reform.

Raised fuel efficiency standards. By 2025 fuel enconomy for cars and trucks will almost double what they are now.

Expanded health coverage for children. This allowed CHIP to cover health care for 4 million new children, paid for by a tax increase on tobacco products.

Ill read it all later when i have the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    You definitely don't know how the system works... This 14 year-old knows moar than yew >:-D...
    lol we are doomed if you havent noticed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

We are only doomed to have to live with each other. And no matter who won, that would be the case. Now let's start figuring out how to solve the financial problems and let's stop the fear mongering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Here's how you bring a country out of debt... Do illegal stuff such as selling drugs, weapons, etc. Or... RAISING TAXES. It's impossible for a leader to magically wave his wand and bring a country out of debt. There's always a downside. Romney could do no better than Obama, in my opinion. Politicians are just people drunk with power and sign things they never read.
    Wow!!! thats like really gutsy to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare:845358
    Yet i dont agree with democracy myself from personal expiriences as well.
    huh?! Sorry, but I'm flabbergasted! You don't believe in democracy? Then I don't know what to tell you. We have people dying for your freedoms. I'm stunned. I will not discuss this further.
    Actually i am not a fan of a pure democracy
    I think republics are a far better system
    Ours is a mix of the two...for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    A republic, if you can keep it
    Last edited by Elyseon; 11-08-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

No offense bro, I haven't disagreed with anyone on this entire forum more than you. We must literally be opposites. Every single thing that you've stated about politics has been the opposite of my belief...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic:845356

Wall Street reform.

Killed Osama bin laden.

Obama never killed Bin Laden. The SEAL team members are the ones to praise for that.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    No offense bro, I haven't disagreed with anyone on this entire forum more than you. We must literally be opposites. Every single thing that you've stated about politics has been the opposite of my belief...
    You are also opposite of me, Micah. Fox News is just as biased as CBS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Tbh nothing political is every gonna be unbiased theres too much emotion to not let your beliefs come through the topic