Totally remember my first experience. Joined a map with a few higher levels. As soon as I came in someone said FFA and then I was dead. Didn't know what FFA meant or what just happened, I restarted and was killed again almost instantly. My third reset and I was running for my life until some bear beckoned and stomped me clear across the map - fortunately, by that time the match was over and someone called me a noob via private message. Fun times indeed.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), Anneowen taught me a lot about PvP - usually through crushing me over and over and over and over and over. I didn't ask for builds or strategy, just learned from what was working on me, and what strategies seem to work best on others. Anneowen must have known I was a noob and even though she (he?) kept tooling me over, never insulted or harassed, never singled me out - so if you see this, I appreciate the courtesy.

After a while I thought I had gotten pretty good with my mage, and tried a few lower level STR and DEX bears. Had fun through about lvl 30. Hated (and still do) PvP at 35-45. Constantly rushed and teamed by higher level toons. This issue was magnified with Forgotten bows. Jump into a lvl 40 game with a 37 Dex Bear and two or three level 40s with FBs just keep on rushing until I get disgusted and leave.

Sewers PvP is probably the best times - good guys, great fights, very balanced and very little rushing/teaming - at least from my experience. Classic callout or 2v2 style games with some FFA's mixed in on occasion.

Nuri's PvP must have been tons of fun for Dex Birds wearing Glyph or, heaven forbid, Demonic items. So overpowering that I lost interest very quickly.

Had some fun with Fang PvP, but everyone had crafted sets, so games were essentially decided by luck and the occasional dodge. Fun to be a Mage with Fang PvP though.

Humania was OK. Me (and everybody else) started with Angel sets and then moved on to crafted sets. Problem became that because there was so much armor, dodge and crit, battles took a long time and again was decided by a random dodge or crit on Drain.

Haven't capped yet or even started PvPing in Blacksmoke, but it looks like Scythe bears are going to be very tough to take down.