Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Almost United States of America

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Only you would say God crisis... -_-
    It's true

An ATHIEST even understood this concept. H.G. Wells said, "If God doesn't exist, nothing matters. If God does exist, nothing else matters."

We live in a culture that seems to believe that if we can all just come together and work it out, we can achieve great things. Look at Obama's whole "spread the wealth" idea. The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature. Many will disagree. Many don't believe in God.

Whether you do or not, it effects how you think. America better get how they think straight.

Like I said. This is not a political issue. It's a worldview issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It's true

An ATHIEST even understood this concept. H.G. Wells said, "If God doesn't exist, nothing matters. If God does exist, nothing else matters."

We live in a culture that seems to believe that if we can all just come together and work it out, we can achieve great things. Look at Obama's whole "spread the wealth" idea. The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature. Many will disagree. Many don't believe in God.

Whether you do or not, it effects how you think. America better get how they think straight.

Like I said. This is not a political issue. It's a worldview issue.
    Uhm... God is good and I know whatever happens soon will be for a great reason... So, I don't care lmao! Unless... He takes away someone I love... Maybe then, God might need bodyguards.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Uhm... God is good and I know whatever happens soon will be for a great reason... So, I don't care lmao! Unless... He takes away someone I love... Maybe then, God might need bodyguards.
    >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    The problem with these ideas is that man's nature is not good. We are sinful by nature.
    That is your religious belief, personally I do not believe in origional sin. "Mans nature " is too abstract a concept to have a convienient adjective. We can't even define consciousness at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    That is your religious belief, personally I do not believe in origional sin. "Mans nature " is too abstract a concept to have a convienient adjective. We can't even define consciousness at the moment.
    "[T]he quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself[.]"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consciousness
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default The Almost United States of America

I live in Alabama, there are tons of rednecks. And it's pretty awesome! We don't like Alabama because he does things we don't like. Especially like taking from the people who work hard for their money, and lots of it goes straight to the people who are too lazy to do work. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that that is completely wrong.

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Regardless of who is correct, you should be able to identify that there is a problem with America's worldview. As Darwinism becomes more popular people begin to think they are nothing more than animals. That may be true, but where does that take us? It takes us to a place where we as humans contain no value. And we wonder why suecide and crime rates are sky rocketing.

People believe like you said, that we can't even define consciousness. That may be true, but where does that takes us? When we don't even know what reality is, it's hard to take anything seriously. Why not go shoot people then commit suecide? It's all an illusion anyways, right?

When people believe that they are basically good, why shouldn't we be able to come together and achieve greatness? Why not spread the wealth to everyone? After all, if we can just be good and be "true to our nature" nothing will go wrong...right? That's what Hitler thought as well. Is that mindset right? Maybe. But where does it take us?

If we believe that Christ died on the cross for the entire world and that we are all unique and specially created by him and that we cannot achieve any kind of greatness without him, where does that lead us?

Ideas have consequences. Good ideas have good consequences. Bad ideas have bad consequences. We are seeing this in America. Lets hope that we can get the right ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    "[T]he quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself[.]"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consciousness
    Scientifically we still have not. This websters definition is an abstraction.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Scientifically we still have not. This websters definition is an abstraction.
    Did you know it's impossible to prove anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

To even say there is one American world view is an abstraction.
    Darwinism hasn't eliminated morality, he's no boogie man. Can't blame him for crime or suicide those existed long before him.
    Don't bring hitler into this, he was an insane drug addict.
    Your messiah wasn't named jesus, that word is a mistranslation by the Greeks and I don't believe yesua died for the world.
    I'm more comfortable with truth even when it means we have to admit what we don't know, at least that shows humility.
    Religion isn't necessary for us to act correctly, it does help sometimes, as it hinders us sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

To even say there is one American world view is an abstraction.
    Darwinism hasn't eliminated morality, he's no boogie man. Can't blame him for crime or suicide those existed long before him.
    Don't bring hitler into this, he was an insane drug addict.
    Your messiah wasn't named jesus, that word is a mistranslation by the Greeks and I don't believe yesua died for the world.
    I'm more comfortable with truth even when it means we have to admit what we don't know, at least that shows humility.
    Religion isn't necessary for us to act correctly, it does help sometimes, as it hinders us sometimes.
    It was also not needed to insult someone's religion based on a disagreement.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

How did this turn into a religious topic? Oh yeah, Micah posted :P

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    How did this turn into a religious topic? Oh yeah, Micah posted :P
    Considering this nation was founded on religion, it has ways been THE topic. Anyone who needs a reminder can take a look at any piece of our currency.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    It was also not needed to insult someone's religion based on a disagreement.
    My apologies. There was no intended insult. I just wanted to point out the word jesus wasn't his name. Idk what else may have offended.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We've gone a bit far afield with this one. Closing it down.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: