Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember: It is rude to rush a public map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I am confused. How could anyone possibly disagree? A level 45 goes through a magic portal in Dark Forest and runs past the mobs to the boss, kills it and leaves. How is this not rude?

I am not talking about that other stuff.

Magic portals lead to public amps. Rushing in public maps is rude.

In public, please use manners. If it makes you not like me that I point this out, then so be it. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
    Magic portals don't lead the public maps, they just spit you out in a map thats already been made and isn't locked, or it creates a new one if there isn't already one. The only public maps are the ones that you can't create yourself, such as the "secret" paths and sewers and sarcophagus etc. Mobs Re-spawn in public maps, and if they aren't re-spawning, your not in a public map.

That being said, ya'll should just be happy that pvp isn't enabled in the public maps... cause if they were i would gang stomp all the lowbies on my way to Murder the boss ten times (cause public map bosses respawn.)
    Hell, i'd pour sugar in lowbies gas tanks if i could.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and you just think you are so cool.
    Goodbye

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raxie View Post
    and you just think you are so cool.
    Exactly... In a nutshell
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Probably too many paint fumes got to his head lol
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What u mean by public
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaabob View Post
    I suck and have no life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Royce is like the Chuck Norris of PL...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=Selling+pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Now I am beyond confused. It must be time for me to sit down. People do not make sense to me, never have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Hmm, controversial matter indeed, whether having ettiquate in a game is necissary or not, I think there are times manners are needed, and times they don't matter in a game. As for this situation, I don't think that saying it's "rude" to rush to the boss is the right way of putting it, but I do think its a little on the inconciderate side. Picture yourself as a level 25, just started off on this adventure, and you are almost done clearing the map, when a big bad level 45 comes up, and crushes the boss, and only he gets the loot and the experience goes to a waste, and all you get to clear are the mobs he left behind him. Then, as a level 15 might be frustrated that they did all that work and you cleared the boss without them with full health the whole time, but, you did in a way earn the right to do so. If you leveled, and took the patience to level (outside of power levelers) then you should use your capabilities to clear a boss without ease, and although it might be nicer to make your own game, it isn't a requirement. I don't think being polite is needed in a video game, but if you are outta line, someone better whip you into shape. In my opinion, yes, it would be nice to not join a game and clear the boss, but I don't see how its being rude.

I see banneds point, one reason to play a video game is to break loose from the grip of the outside world, but snake is right, you have to think of others before yourself, because if you don't, you wint think of others place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I understand snaekespeares point, and also banned, but I disregard both because I could hardly give a crap who's more right.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... just wow.

Level 45 Bird - Gosumi - Retired
    Level 45 Paladin - Research - Retired
    Level 45 TANK - Sled
    - Currently Playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some amount of mutual respect and courtesy is required in any social environment whether virtual or real. You do realize there are real people behind each avatar, correct?

Attitudes such as those displayed in this thread are not uncommon in PL and are in my opinion why the game has gone downhill. I chalk it up to immaturity and false virtual bravado used to compensate for inadequacies in real life.
    Keekee - 50 Int Enchantress, Edwyn - 46 Dex Enchantress, Niteowl - 40 Int Archer, Zozy - 25 Str Enchantress,
    Olliver - 22 Dex Archer, Plunderer - 16 Int Bear, Gontutuv - 11 Str Bear, Edwyns - 9 Dex (Dagger) Bear,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Okay, I guess from now on, I'll drink my potions without slurping, carry my bow in a correct manner, and hold open portals for enchantresses. Seriously, it's one thing to go around insulting and degrading people, but rushing to a boss because you don't find mob killing enjoyable? That just doesn't seem rude to me. If you don't like what I'm doing, there's a boot option. USE IT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although Snakespeare has a point, and one that I agree with, I have to say that Banned is correct. If you don't like it, make your own map and boot them. If it's not your map, oh well. People will do what they're gonna do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Remember, I was not talking about a game you host.

I am talking about the public ones where nobody can boot, the PUBLIC maps.

And Banned, I like you, too. You can slurp all you want. I think we must be talking about slightly different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Remember, I was not talking about a game you host.

I am talking about the public ones where nobody can boot, the PUBLIC maps.

And Banned, I like you, too. You can slurp all you want. I think we must be talking about slightly different things.
    And those were the maps I was originally talking about. But then you mentioned magic portals, which are, like Azrael already stated, user created maps.

Now that we're on the same page, those PUBLIC maps, the ones where nobody can boot, have RESPAWNING BOSSES. So by the time you're finished killing all those mobs, the boss should have already reappeared.

Oh, and also, "The Fridge" is hardly soloable, so that won't be such a great example to use in your counter argument (if you have one).
    Last edited by Banned; 09-26-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I have no counter argument to your points which I think are valid, my friend, only this:

You and Azrael are incorrect. Those are NOT user-created maps. Those are PUBLIC. I have started a thred to verify this, but I am absolutely certain that our misunderstanding comes from the fact that you two, and possibly harold, all believe that when you go through a Magic Portal you are making a game of your own. Even if it starts a new game, it is a PUBLIC one, it does NOT say Banned's Game, so it is not user-created. You have no power to boot, therefore it is public.

User-created games can ONLY be made by hosting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ya know, back in my day, when a 45 would come and rush a boss, I would call that a "free-ride" and hang on this coat tails, not taking any damage, and reaping all the exp and drops.

Snake: I agree, it can be rude, but ultimately I don't see this changing. Best to know what kind of people you are dealing with, and work around them. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Going through a magic portal I am pretty sure leads you to a user created game, but if there aren't any user created games, it takes you to either a public one, or makes a public one for you, so you can't boot if the portal makes a punily game for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I believe this information is technically incorrect.

I have made it as clear as I possibly can. We need to use the same words. But I started a different thread to define those terms. Maybe we can get to the heart of this misunderstanding, and I am certain that it will turn out that I am right. And that many oldies are wrong.

But please, let's discuss that functionality question on that thread and whether it is totally rude to rush a public map in this thread. But first we need to understand that I am talking about maps created by magic portal, not hosted games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yall are too sensitive... Despite my attempt at humor..

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

No problem, here, Azrael. Perhaps you're talking about someone else. I have found this discussion civil and interesting.

My only issue is your incorrect information, and there is no emotion involved in my correction: Not all magic portal maps respawn, all magic portals only lead to public maps (never, as you said, to maps that others have started). So long as you don't take the attempt to have correct facts here personally, and why would you, then we are all fine.

Additionally, you should know that you, banned, Harold and mystical are all under this false impression. (and all four are older players who began before this functionality was added.)
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 09-28-2010 at 10:01 AM.