Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time has come, Need to re-balance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I appreciate you guys sharing your feedback on end-game balance. I am reading your feedback, and I hope you guys saw my posts about updates to balance tuning, and the process that must be taken to improve balance.

All of the feedback you guys posted here is super helpful. I mentioned in one of my posts that the process of improving balance involves making small changes, then reacting to your feedback on those changes, and making another small change. The best analogy for this reasoning is target practice: I have a target - let's say it's an apple. I shoot for the target, I miss, then I shoot again at the same target, and hopefully I hit the apple or at least get a little closer.

In reality my target was not an apple, it was to improve the efficacy of the Underworld Dex gear. So, I redid the point allocation for the crafted Underworld Dex set. It still wasn't cool, so I changed it again. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(109068) In order for my process to be effective, I'm need to have to stay focused and ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays.

After the Dex gear change, I decided to address another facet of the problem you guys are discussing here which affects the largest portion of our player base (how democratic of me). Everyone plays PVE, and the Enchantress and Archer fall down too much in PVE! To address this I lowered the health and mana regen debuffs, and elite NPC damage output in PVE (part of that same update). Again, trying to stay focused I have to ask, did that help? If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did that help?" If yes, it stays. If no, I ask, "Did it hurt?" If no, it also stays.

Obviously the latter change doesn't affect PVP. So what next? Well, using my target practice example, how would the process of balance change if the target itself changed? Say, instead of shooting at an apple, maybe now I'm shooting at a pineapple, balanced on top of an apple... Are you wondering what the heck I'm talking about? If so, check out SamHayne's latest post about the forum insiders section. You have to be logged and a registered forum member to see and use this section.

Needless to say, Winterfest is coming, and change is in the wind. Check out the forum insider stuff, and as always, keep the feedback coming. I am listening and reading, and PVP is important to us. In fact, we rely on your feedback for PVP, because what we see when we test internally is very different once we make it Live and you guys get your hands on it.
    Last edited by Techno Email; 12-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post: