Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Founders Helm is a unfair advantage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortalan View Post
    Lwmark did not even HAVE a founder's account. He purchased his founder's account with US dollars. LMAO
    Which brings me to to first valid point in my post. Many are buying off these founder accounts which is not what they were meant for.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    They were here at the beginning of the game, Were you?? okay then why are you hating on their stats.

Don't hate what you don't have.
    While you bring up a valid point, consider the fact that maybe having the exclusive vanity item is good enough to "show off." Why create a disadvantage in pvp? Doesnt the bad outweigh the good? Also why not give others a fair chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

To be fair, I should add that Lwmark probably doesn't have a founder's account anymore. Last he told me, he was selling it, asking $400.00 US.... There was a ton of gear on the account, too, so the price was for more than just the founder's PVP advantage. Haven't seen good ol' Lwmark in a while in PL.... not since he tricked a good friend of mine into sending him money for artwork that he never sent her.

So yeah, Lwmark is not maybe not the best player to hold up as a shining example of founderdom.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Lwmark did not even HAVE a founder's account. He purchased his founder's account with US dollars. LMAO
    Oh really? I thought he made 2 accounts but started playing the game over half year later but forgot that he had 2 Founder accounts. And just a while back he remembered those two accounts which happened to be Founder accounts.

Oh silly me.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus:883223
    Oh really? I thought he made 2 accounts but started playing the game over half year later but forgot that he had 2 Founder accounts. And just a while back he remembered those two accounts which happened to be Founder accounts.

Oh silly me.
    LMFAO not likely...

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    While you bring up a valid point, consider the fact that maybe having the exclusive vanity item is good enough to "show off." Why create a disadvantage in pvp? Doesnt the bad outweigh the good? Also why not give others a fair chance?
    End gamers with 3 Vanities get special rings. Why doesn't everyone who only have 1 endgame vanity get the special bonus?

I think this is all out of "Leveling the playing field" and "Being fair"

In reality Life is not fair, and if the playing field was leveled those who have started with PL and gotten a special helm (With VERY small stats) and you are complaining they got rewarded for being loyal?

Why not hand out dragon sets like candy, and let everyone be level 76

This brings us to the point of why are we arguing something so small and meaningless. Even though founders may make a difference in low level pvp they are beatable with skill. So instead of complaining about founders and how unfair it is why not improve your skills so you can beat them.

*steps off soapbox

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

End gamers with 3 Vanities get special rings. Why doesn't everyone who only have 1 endgame vanity get the special bonus?

I think this is all out of "Leveling the playing field" and "Being fair"

In reality Life is not fair, and if the playing field was leveled those who have started with PL and gotten a special helm (With VERY small stats) and you are complaining they got rewarded for being loyal?

Why not hand out dragon sets like candy, and let everyone be level 76

This brings us to the point of why are we arguing something so small and meaningless. Even though founders may make a difference in low level pvp they are beatable with skill. So instead of complaining about founders and how unfair it is why not improve your skills so you can beat them.

*steps off soapbox
    As i already pointed out, altough engamers have 3 piece vanities, new players will still have the same oppurtunity to get the 3 piece set as time progresses. Same with dragon sets. We all have equal oppurtunity and chances. With founders, we dont have that oppurtunity and it creates a huge disadvantage at low level pvp where nobody has any chance against a founders pro.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

Oh silly me.
    No he bought with usd. He told me himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

As i already pointed out, altough engamers have 3 piece vanities, new players will still have the same oppurtunity to get the 3 piece set as time progresses. Same with dragon sets. We all have equal oppurtunity and chances. With founders, we dont have that oppurtunity and it creates a huge disadvantage at low level pvp where nobody has any chance against a founders pro.

Founders Pro? I have beat endless founders in Pvp, I do it all day. 5 Damage 5 DPS and 5 Armor is NOT a lot.

I know because I am a avid low level Pvper, and people with founders are not all pro, and if they are pro its not because of the founders its because of their skills

I think that you are, again, trying to make fair what shouldn't be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Founders Pro? I have beat endless founders in Pvp, I do it all day. 5 Damage 5 DPS and 5 Armor is NOT a lot.

I know because I am a avid low level Pvper, and people with founders are not all pro, and if they are pro its not because of the founders its because of their skills

I think that you are, again, trying to make fair what shouldn't be fair.
    True story!
    I beat people and loose to people (even the same), and this is mostly not because of Founder's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

In my opinion true founder's founded this game
    That's a very controversial thought... Also don't forget the /sarcasm in your next posts!

Back on topic.

First of all the OP's maths is very decieving. dps is the auto damage you would do every second on average to a target with zero armor. In PvP almost all damage is done by skills. I don't exactly know how crit and armor works but it is also way more complex then this simplified version.

Nontheless he is right. Even if it is just 5 dmg and 5 armor, it is an advantage. Can't argue with that. Unfair since it's impossible to get unless you pay rl money to help you remember your forgotten founder accounts.
    In fact, there is not one logical reason why the founders helm should keep its stats. Ofc founders deserve some sort of special recognition but there are many better ways to do that then giving them extra stats.

As long as it stays tho, the bonus is so easy to overcome with actual skill (or a portion of luck) that I couldn't care less about it being "nerfed".
    Last edited by Gaunab; 12-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Don't want to beat on a dead horse but...
    If you didn't want to beat a dead horse... you should have stopped there.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Because its always been there. If they took it away it would alienate those that have it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

But LwMark is an AoA, and I thought Ambassadors should be role models both in forums and IG. Does this now mean that we can buy Founder's as an Ambassador did it? I mean if it was against ToS, this would be quite awkward for the whole Ambassador program?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Also don't forget the /sarcasm in your next posts!
    Sarcasm? Sry, I'm a foreigner I do not know what you mean sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

People who purchased founders

• Yich
    • Entertaining
    • Lwmark
    • Shelby

I have proof from each of them admitting they have, with all 4 breaking multiple big rules of the TOS.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

• Yich
    • Entertaining
    • Lwmark
    • Shelby

I have proof from each of them admitting they have, with all 3 breaking multiple big rules of the TOS.

Ouch. Busy day for support that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ouch. Busy day for support that is.
    Yich and Entertaining would be impossible to prove, but they did it for me.

With them, they sold their runescape account which was high level and has hundreds of millions of gold, thus breaking a TOS. Then, since they're pretty smart, instead of linking the accounts to their main account like most people do, they play on those for low level PvP (since that's all they do anyways).

I believe one of their characters is named Snow, if I'm not mistaken.

They can admit it themselves, or I can post screenshots upon request.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Yich and Entertaining would be impossible to prove, but they did it for me.

With them, they sold their runescape account which was high level and has hundreds of millions of gold, thus breaking a TOS. Then, since they're pretty smart, instead of linking the accounts to their main account like most people do, they play on those for low level PvP (since that's all they do anyways).

I believe one of their characters is named Snow, if I'm not mistaken.

They can admit it themselves, or I can post screenshots upon request.
    Zinngggg!!

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Don't want to beat on a dead horse but, to put it bluntly, its unfair. Its a unfair advantage in late level pvp, and lower level pvp. Its like an extra ring. Especially now that vanity bonus is gone for vanity slot. If you want to show off that you are a founders iis completely fine, sts keep the vanity but take off the bonus. Lets take a inside look into the Founders helm Dilemma.

The Cause:
    Founders helm vanity has caused many people to sell their account for money which is not what founders was intended for. It has caused endless debate in-game and controversy in tournaments. It has caused turmoil amongst all players especially for lower-levels. It has caused people to brag and even make founders only guilds. It has caused many to look the same. Founders helm is STASHABLE. Which allows the user to switch it out between all their toons, giving an advantage to every toon they possess and not their main char in which they first created the account with.

End level Stats:
    Although 5 damage 5 armor 5 dps may seem like nothing, this is simply not the case. Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage. Mages crit 100 percent of the time when fully buffed. With 10 spell attacks, you are doing an extra 100 damage. Now consider 5 armor. This 5 armor takes into effect immediately even before a crit. Causing up to 100 damage less when you consider end-level crit with every 10 attacks. Now consider 5 dps. Add crit to that dps. With every 10 attacks in dps you are doing an additional 100 damage. This is the issue we are dealing with in end-level pvp. Final result is you are looking at a total of an additional 300 damage/damage saved in a normal encounter in late level pvp. I wont even discuss early level pvp because as we all know founders helm is more of a nuisance creating even more of a advantage to the user

The fake people:
    I can assure you people will read this thread, and want to act like a total tough guy claiming it doesnt make a difference, or they can beat founders, or how to get over it, or how they dont care blah blah blah. Well im not over it, and neither is a majority of players.We have to consider the facts at hand, which is without a dought founders helm is a unfair advantage at all levels of pvp. The other people against this thread that will disagree are those who have founders. Rightly so, they want to keep the bonus, so they will claim how they never wear the helm when in actuality they do. Time has passed and people stopped complaining, the founders people were happy. Until again when they have to defend their bonus stats.

Reality:
    If we are to reward people with an advantage in pvp, why not reward those in leaderboards with the same advantage? Why not reward those who have spent more time in PL (600 hours+)? Why not reward those who have spent more plat then anyone else.(When i say reward I mean reward in a pvp vanity bonus, not some useless statless vanity gear) I dont see why this is only an exclusive item for those who merely happened to make an PL account. This type of logic only puts the rest of us behind. There are others who have put in more dedication, time and commitment then founders players, yet recieve nothing in return as far as pvp advantage. There is also many who have a founders but never created an account at the deadline. How did this happen? What is going on here sts?

Conclusion:
    So this is my story and im sticking to it. If anything I feel better now that I vented, but I really hope a change is near. I hope for everyone to have the same oppurtunity in low level pvp and late level pvp. Yes this is a dead topic, but it is a dead topic in which EVERYONE is effected. It is a topic in which many of us feel left out and unappreciated. I find founders helm to be unjustifiable and a setback to PL.Since STS is now promoting the idea of "nomore bonuses for vanities", I think now is a better time then ever to bring this situation to the table and find a solution.
    yawn another noob jealious because he joined the game late, go beat another persons dead horse
    IGN Husafadar, Brizeekial, Demonichild, Demonicbehr, DuhDictator... ^Noperly22's Graphics Sig Design SHOP^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

• Yich
    • Entertaining
    • Lwmark
    • Shelby

I have proof from each of them admitting they have, with all 4 breaking multiple big rules of the TOS.
    Many of the founders are no longer founders. Instead they have bought and broke tos rules. This has become a huge problem. Its funny how Yich came on my thread and tried defending his bonus. I guess he doesnt want to get ripped off. Then he has the nerve to claim he doesnt own a founders. I really hope sts does something about this. Thanks for the insight apollo.