Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Debate about the new dungeon timer system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Current solution: Revert back to how things were prior to last patch.

Season 2 sution: Clear maps. I have yet to understand how teams can say they are the best when all they did was rush the bosses. My sense of accomplishment comes with clearing the entire map as fast as possible. This is where real strategy comes into play.
    I don't know why it wasn't like this from the beginning. Sometimes I think STS does stuff like this on purpose to stir up the community.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We hear ya. Let us all get back in the office on Monday and we'll discuss.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

- g
    What? Developers are people too?!? Blasphemy!
    AL: Airikay
    Guess: 3,782

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

give them crappy rewards and start s2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squishyness View Post
    *chortle* "For their Amazing Exploits in....." naw, that's just gonna get me in trouble again.

+1 to the comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenician1:886006
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishyness View Post
    *chortle* "For their Amazing Exploits in....." naw, that's just gonna get me in trouble again.

+1 to the comment
    :-)
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

All timed dungeons should have a gated entry that you have to break open like the beginning of the hauntlet. Thats my suggestion for season 2.

Timer starting after first attack is not a great system. You can dismiss ur pet and go gather the mobs; the timer wont start unless you attack. Doesnt really make sense that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Wiping the boards clean would be unfair to those who are on it. I woudn't call the teams up on there abusing exploits...it just alot and alot of trial and error with a bit of luck.

STS should temporarily revert the update until the start of S2 to satisfy everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Wiping the boards clean would be unfair to those who are on it. I woudn't call the teams up on there abusing exploits...it just alot and alot of trial and error with a bit of luck.

STS should temporarily revert the update until the start of S2 to satisfy everyone
    Good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    All timed dungeons should have a gated entry that you have to break open like the beginning of the hauntlet. Thats my suggestion for season 2.

Timer starting after first attack is not a great system. You can dismiss ur pet and go gather the mobs; the timer wont start unless you attack. Doesnt really make sense that way.
    Btw you have already 300k+ kills xD you should take a break xD
    /Nicely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post

Btw you have already 300k+ kills xD you should take a break xD
    /Nicely
    You are probably right lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

You are probably right lol
    XD!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

To be honest I'm not too fussed about the leaderboards, tried it a few times but never got on it. Which is just fine. So I don't mind the fact whether the time starts with aggro or first kill, does not matter much to me.

What does matter to me however are elite runs. For example in elite village there is a box on the left, which if you arrive too close to your pet will explode, starting your timer. When you're running in a party this will stop others from entering (so does without a party, but in general the slots get filled up quickly), making it quite annoying. Or only solution being taking on and off pets at every reentry.

I do think this is just absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure someone has already mentioned it. So all I'm saying is that pulling aggro as a time starter is a good idea (though im not too fussed either way), but please make sure that timers wont start until players actually start playing the map, ie remove all boxes and vases from near the start of the maps. Also it'll give players a chance to talk through their strategy for beating the map/time, which I think is quite necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:886174

i agree exploit is a hard accusation(which u did not accused). these times elite/pure/enhanched runs where set in just. was every mob killed no(nor did we rush any boss,not possible to spawn boss that way) any dev wanna know how this should be done(leaderboard time runs) then pm me.

and by the way to all players on here that wanna complain. Me and my guild just beat bael enhanced by 6minutes with new timer adjustment.

Names Judgement beast modes my game.. What ya didnt know???
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 12-09-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    To be honest I'm not too fussed about the leaderboards, tried it a few times but never got on it. Which is just fine. So I don't mind the fact whether the time starts with aggro or first kill, does not matter much to me.

What does matter to me however are elite runs. For example in elite village there is a box on the left, which if you arrive too close to your pet will explode, starting your timer. When you're running in a party this will stop others from entering (so does without a party, but in general the slots get filled up quickly), making it quite annoying. Or only solution being taking on and off pets at every reentry.

I do think this is just absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure someone has already mentioned it. So all I'm saying is that pulling aggro as a time starter is a good idea (though im not too fussed either way), but please make sure that timers wont start until players actually start playing the map, ie remove all boxes and vases from near the start of the maps. Also it'll give players a chance to talk through their strategy for beating the map/time, which I think is quite necessary.
    Ya we agree with you here, there are a few destructibles that need to be cleaned up.

We'll have more info for you about the leaderboards and the new aggro mechanic tomorrow.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ya we agree with you here, there are a few destructibles that need to be cleaned up.

We'll have more info for you about the leaderboards and the new aggro mechanic tomorrow.
    Also the same thing, for Elite Village, pet decides to take a wander to the far left of the spawn point breaking boxes starting the timer for the run before I am able to close down the "Times Board".

@LBs and Aggro, looking forward to it.

The times are unrealistic at this time, for newer players to even try at those times, but for the 2nd Season I believe you are on to something.

I'd be happy with even a day at getting a chance to give these a try, I've tested, and the time it takes one to run from start to boss (Watchers 1) is around 25 seconds. (Far from the actual current times)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This patch also makes farming elite jarl with a party a pain because half the time when you go through portal you are already aggroing an enemy and your other teammates can't join. I seriously spend more time getting all 4 party members in the same zone then I do actually farming.