Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
Right now I would guess that 90% of the plat purchases that STS is getting is from buying gold. If they eliminate that, they have to come up with something else that will fill the gap or else the game won't be profitable.

In PL most of the plat is spent on elixirs, but in AL the elixirs are weak and not many folks are spending much on them. A 25% luck elixir does very little to help you, and not much plat is being spent on these.

Just selling vanity items and pets for plat is not going to make them enough money to make the game profitable. Most players will not spend plat unless it significantly improves their characters, not just in looks, but in actual gameplay. So there lies the problem. You would prefer that plat does not improve gameplay, but not many folks would spend plat otherwise.

The only solution would be to charge everyone a monthly fee to play the game, like WOW or other similar games. Then everyone pays the fee and is on a level playing field. I would actually prefer this, but since most of the folks playing here are kids, I'm guessing they would not.
This entire post is speculative.