Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elixirs and the End Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Why can't PL ever be as great as it used to? I did predict that it would lead to this the first day of the Nuri release. Elixers are poisoning the community. It wears away on teamwork and just makes the biggest rift between the spenders and f2p people.
    The 50 cap was the best IMO. The cap was just 50 and didn't need an absurd amount of xp to get. Best part was that the people who capped got access to the Cyber Quests which really felt more elite than a p2p symbol. The bosses required strategy, good gold intake, prices were great in the cs, the Shadow Caves was also awesome and challenging, and the mobs were not overpowered.
    I'm not much of a talker, but I just thoroughly agree with the OP. PL is still dying. The two new classes healed a now major wound, but more needs to be done. Down with the p2p elite caps which are only promoting elixers.
    Down with the elixer oriented bosses and mobs for they only appeal to the spenders. Down with the daily elixers for they are numbing the minds of players with these cursed beverages. Down, down, and down PL is going. It's still breathing, but it needs help.
    Last edited by Cahaun; 12-17-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Bro,

I agree with 100% everything you have said. It is the TRUTH and many don't want to hear it. I just hope "other's" actually read your words.

BTW, do you mind if I tag your thread in a future thread of mine?
    Thank you.

I don't mind at all and I am glad I'm not alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

too late dude. I was whinning about elixirs a year and a half ago and recieved no support besides gluttony. Imo, it's way to late to save PL. They will never do away with plat elixirs because people eat them up. My advice is to switch to AL where you can actually play the game without elixirs instead of just leeching off users.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    too late dude. I was whinning about elixirs a year and a half ago and recieved no support besides gluttony. Imo, it's way to late to save PL. They will never do away with plat elixirs because people eat them up. My advice is to switch to AL where you can actually play the game without elixirs instead of just leeching off users.
    As I was making this thread I recalled ur threads and posts about elixirs and I apologize for not supporting u back then. I was blind.

I still believe STS wants us all to enjoy playing their very first game. STS has always been the "community friendly" company in press. I want to believe it's not too late.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Really well stated, Ninja... Not sure why PL ever switched to F2P... For one, I had zero issues with paying for each map as I progressed, it was a logical way to spend money on content that was well made and deserving of my $$, after I had a chance to learn the game and figured out if I liked it or not. I much prefer that method to relying on elixirs to cap or to have a decent chance at beating a boss.
    PL: Disko <Eclipse> | AL: Disko | BD: Disko <Exodus>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    As I was making this thread I recalled ur threads and posts about elixirs and I apologize for not supporting u back then. I was blind.

I still believe STS wants us all to enjoy playing their very first game. STS has always been the "community friendly" company in press. I want to believe it's not too late.
    i think it's too late. The devs could change it if they want too but honestly, I think more people would rage if they took them away. the ones who love elixirs and are willing to pay for them far out number the ones who hate them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i think it's too late. The devs could change it if they want too but honestly, I think more people would rage if they took them away. the ones who love elixirs and are willing to pay for them far out number the ones who hate them.
    I dont know if the Elixir user outnumber the non-elixir users, but they certainly have a bigger say since they are the ones paying STS' bills. So it's hard to hate too much on STS for listening to their big money makers.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think a large number of people fall into the category of using elixirs just because they're there. The "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" crowd.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think it would be best for all if sts removed those enable xp -elixires. Sts wouldn't lose much money if any at all, and leveling in the proper level campaign would take more time and would be more sensible for the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus
    I have not even heard that anyone would have gone to lvl 76 without using elixirs.
    My ex-guildie capped in less than 3 weeks without buying any elixires at all, he just grinded lost valley non-stop. My other guildie is in the halfway to 100k xp, and third one has grinded 30k xp. They haven't bought any elixires either, and will most likely cap.

And little ot: Why everybody are complaining how pvp requires plat? Yes this is true in the end game, but not in lower levels.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 12-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak:898146
    I think it would be best for all if sts removed those enable xp -elixires. Sts wouldn't lose much money if any at all, and leveling in the proper level campaign would take more time and would be more sensible for the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus
    I have not even heard that anyone would have gone to lvl 76 without using elixirs.
    My ex-guildie capped in less than 3 weeks without buying any elixires at all, he just grinded lost valley non-stop. My other guildie is in the halfway to 100k xp, and third one has grinded 30k xp. They haven't bought any elixires either, and will most likely cap.

And little ot: Why everybody are complaining how pvp requires plat? Yes this is true in the end game, but not in lower levels.
    People can purchase low level crafting recipes with platinum. Small but it does change things for some.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Thank you.

I don't mind at all and I am glad I'm not alone.

You're not alone at all. And this isn't a thread that is "first of its kind" it has been said repeatedly for a year now. Nit to take anything away from your posts. I know you care, which many of us still do or did, which is admirable.
    Just put it this way. I went all the way to STS to meet in person and discussed a lot of things in an hour of face to face time. Not to mention all the work I put into pvp and tourney events. All that lobbying, posting in threads, discussing still gets us here. It's insane for us to keep continuing in this text book display of insanity.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    You're not alone at all. And this isn't a thread that is "first of its kind" it has been said repeatedly for a year now. Nit to take anything away from your posts. I know you care, which many of us still do or did, which is admirable.
    Just put it this way. I went all the way to STS to meet in person and discussed a lot of things in an hour of face to face time. Not to mention all the work I put into pvp and tourney events. All that lobbying, posting in threads, discussing still gets us here. It's insane for us to keep continuing in this text book display of insanity.
    Yes I am well aware of the elixir babble ever since Nuri came. I wasn't bothered until now as I realized how much the elixirs rule end game which is my main source of entertainment.

I wanted to take my time to write this all down, because the time is now or never. Ik this is a long-shot but I want to believe in STS.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Best post in STS forum history. To bad it will be deleted.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default D

Last cap I could beat crafted people with my non crafted, but now its impossible. Flawless has 450 attack unbuffed I only have 386 unbuffed. Who knows the stats of the other crafted people, but I am guessing they are super high since I can not win 1 match against the crafted people. Maby its there ring bonus, but last cap I was able to beat a few crafted but now I can't. I quit endgame pvp until the level cap raises so I wouldnt have to fight people so the elite players with elite rings, because its impossible if you do not have those. I'm through leveling to its to much xp. I thought it was supposed to be alot of xp when you get to level 74 but leveling to 71 would take the same amount of time I spent to level to 70 which took 8 hours or more, which is discouraging to me because leveling to 75 would take weeks, and leveling to 76 would take months. Guess I will pvp on my twink (which gets boring because endgame pvp is funner because all the skills) and wait until the next cap so I wont have to worry about the elite ring crafted people farming me because I'm the weak one without elite rings or crafted set.

PS I can't stop the elite ring crafted people from killing me, not anymore I cant, but I was able to last cap, as I stood a chance against the crafted as a non crafted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh I also remember winning against crafted in Fang those days are over now. Cant buy crafted because Ive always been poor but rich enough to afford non crafted. But now the prices of non crafted are up in the millions

But it still wouldnt matter if I had non crafted, I wont stand a chance against those with crafted and elite rings
    Last edited by GrammerPatrol; 12-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

All I can say is- Welcome back, twinkers.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

It doesnt matter, if people quit this game then they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wake up, smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.
    Last edited by Seminole; 12-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Seminole For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole:898239
    It doesnt matter, if people quit this game thrn they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wale up and smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.
    We won't just give up and let PL slide downhill. We believe that we can still bring out our voice on the matter. Will it make a difference? Who knows? Techno Email is never afraid of change and the devs are always open to new ideas and constructive criticism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    It doesnt matter, if people quit this game thrn they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wake up, smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.
    Bingo. Give this man a prize! And I don't mean that sarcastically. You hit the nail on the head. This is what sts does. This is what they must do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    It doesnt matter, if people quit this game then they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is the most important and significant comment I've ever read in these forums period

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi