Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: elite red dragon tanking guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

You guys have NO IDEA how happy it makes me to see y'all talking about strategy for this fight. It's really hard to know if a fight is going to be challenging for y'all or not. I'm also glad to hear that you are able to do this fight without elixirs. The goal is to make a fight that is challenging but doable for a full, organized group sans elixirs.

The sick, evil and twisted side of Techno is a little sad that the quest is only for 76 Elite Red Dragons so you guys won't be playing it anymore after you finish the quest... :'( But, I think a little mercy was in order after the Dragonet Ichor quest... Those quests aren't for everyone, so we can't do that every time. Hopefully the folks who are really interested in the Elite weapons will continue to play after the quest is over.

If you guys like group content like this, I really enjoy making elite versions of boss fights (hence the bonus Elite Onyx we through in this time around). The boss fight have many different levels of complexity, so not all fights are interesting as Elite battles. Some of them feel more like tree chopping, especially if the boss doesn't deal enough damage to take you out, so you don't have to find mechanics that were built-in to make the fight more interesting, or even better...come up with clever ways to beat a boss on your own!! The eternal challenge of a game designer...

The sick, evil twisted side of Techno also wants to make it so those lava pools might spawn on this magical line... I am SO EVIL!!!! The Dragonet spawns lava pools at even more dynamic locations than the Red Dragon... I could totally make the Red Dragon do that too...but it might impede my ability to sleep at night since I've played this fight many times myself, and I'm actually very happy that you guys have found this group mechanic. Getting a group who will use it is a challenge in and of itself, and it still takes skill to pull it off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post: