Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Noob warriors

Lil poppins christmas rant post for kicks lol I'm so sick of noob scared warriors on weak elite jarl runs. May I ask why you insist on hesitating before only mob that has to be killed? Lol don't worry we shall keep you alive cowardly warrior. What these noob warriors need to understand is that when u hesitate before this mob "we" roges/sorcorer die almost every time. I have 205 deaths and I'm proud to say that 85%+ are due to this stupidity... I mean just tank for this one little mob and then most of us can tank boss np now a days.
    Oh... Merry Christmas all!!!!!!!!
    If u happen to come across a lvl 7 tank w ss and hj please pm me ign and guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Agreed. Some warriors just go into W4 and think theyre sick, they pull huge (by huge i mean MASSIVE) mobs thinking they could tank em. The problem is when they die, us rogues have to do some serious spamming. Nuff said.

Add bless.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i do solo nd for that reason also i do solo. u should do solo or do in party. its ur fault that u join randomly nd do runs with unknown warriors :-|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX:906968
    i do solo nd for that reason also i do solo. u should do solo or do in party. its ur fault that u join randomly nd do runs with unknown warriors :-|
    If we have to play solo or with only friends then why make a random join option anyways....
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX:906968
    Also, soloing on a warrior is much easier than soloing any other class. Warriors can just tank the hits and slowly kill the boss. Mages get 1 hitted by elite jarl. Not levelled my rogue high enough to make a judgement on that, but I assume they're as squishy as mages
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Also, soloing on a warrior is much easier than soloing any other class. Warriors can just tank the hits and slowly kill the boss. Mages get 1 hitted by elite jarl. Not levelled my rogue high enough to make a judgement on that, but I assume they're as squishy as mages
    I'd imagine on a Mage I could solo jarl np IF I could kill the one and only mob. And I'd lvl your rogue cause I can solo jarl in no time flat once mob is destroyed. Bow power!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    If we have to play solo or with only friends then why make a random join option anyways....
    lol bhai same i also wondered why. bt i dnt die when doing solo coz enemies r easy u kno. bt doing runs in randomly joined maps get me mch death :-P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

lol? jarl is the slowest hitter boss. mayb u lag or u too slow -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Personally I have encountered instances wherein I already charged my "bombs" (Shadow Veil) and that by the moment I reached the camping point after the bridge, some warriors would hesitate to attack first and I end up initiating the charge. These types of incidents would either kill me or burn my potions like hellfire. Yet, these do not happen all the time and I do have to commend those great warriors who take the "bullet" for me in times of trouble, making it more difficult for the mobs to lay hands on me.

I believe that the best thing to do when faced with the situation is simply leave the room without leaving a curse to that specific warrior. I myself send messages to these warriors and tell them that the common norm of an elite village run is that tanks should go first and attract mobs while the rogues and mages prepare for the preemptive nuking.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I do alot of pub games and in most games I find myself ahead of the pack tanking...so either warriors are just slow or they don't want to waste those $_$ hp pots

o and I see alot of warriors who don't want to aggro Jarl.. they seem to think that they can do sooooo much more DPS letting a mage/rogue tank.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Guys, not everyone will be as pro as you. Some people have never played an MMO before. How would you like it if people called you names just because you weren't as skilled as others? Now, I do agree that a warriors job is to tank, but some people don't know that. If you could ask nicely for them to tank, then there probably isn't going to be a problem. But when people make threads like this, It makes me think that you hate people that are bad at the game.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun:907063
    Guys, not everyone will be as pro as you. Some people have never played an MMO before. How would you like it if people called you names just because you weren't as skilled as others? Now, I do agree that a warriors job is to tank, but some people don't know that. If you could ask nicely for them to tank, then there probably isn't going to be a problem. But when people make threads like this, It makes me think that you hate people that are bad at the game.
    I see your point, but if we keep pampering, letting them off etc, then theyre never going to learn. But I guess we were all noobs at one point.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    True but I can probably make the assumption that you're also like the majority of players who will quit on your team if you're stuck with 3 "noobs"

edit: also want to say that, it's not about hating...everyone wants to make the most out of their time and I don't see any reason for 1 player to spend 30min on 1 map carrying a bad team..."bad" players will slowly learn and eventually become better
    Last edited by gundamsone; 12-25-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

THAT is so damm untrue..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    First off I must say, very well put! I can understand a noob tank being this way but I was speaking on behalf of the warriors with mighty berserker armor a vorpal sword ect. You know 800+armor with 120+dps----========== CLEARLY NOT NOOBS. Just cowards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I may be reading into this thread the wrong way, but the gist I'm getting here is that some dps players are getting ahead of the warrior, pulling the boss themselves, and getting killed. How is that the warrior's fault, again?

If a warrior is not moving fast enough for you, it could be for a number of reasons. Might be his first time on that map. Perhaps he's not geared yet, so only pulling what he knows he can handle. Maybe he's making sure everyone else is caught up and full of health/mana before pulling the boss. Maybe he got a text message popup or a phone call he needed to dismiss. Maybe he had to deal with something IRL for a second. Who knows?

Next time, instead of rushing ahead of the warrior, use the most powerful tool available for multiplayer games: communication! Use the chat system and let him know you're ready, make sure he's ready, etc. But if you simply rush ahead of the warrior and get yourself killed, don't blame it on him. Patience is a virtue!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard_Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike:907172
    I may be reading into this thread the wrong way, but the gist I'm getting here is that some dps players are getting ahead of the warrior, pulling the boss themselves, and getting killed. How is that the warrior's fault, again?

If a warrior is not moving fast enough for you, it could be for a number of reasons. Might be his first time on that map. Perhaps he's not geared yet, so only pulling what he knows he can handle. Maybe he's making sure everyone else is caught up and full of health/mana before pulling the boss. Maybe he got a text message popup or a phone call he needed to dismiss. Maybe he had to deal with something IRL for a second. Who knows?

Next time, instead of rushing ahead of the warrior, use the most powerful tool available for multiplayer games: communication! Use the chat system and let him know you're ready, make sure he's ready, etc. But if you simply rush ahead of the warrior and get yourself killed, don't blame it on him. Patience is a virtue!
    Hes saying, the tanks are scared/hesitating to go into battle, so obviously the rogue or mage would have to take aggro.

As for the reasons, if the warrior is not ready or busy, then why go into a serious farming place? And another reason could be that the tank doesnt want to waste pots

Communication? Elite map? I dont think its possible, mobs will OHKO you hehe.

Im not burning your post but look at the situation from a different perspective.
    Credits to Iady

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I see your point, but if we keep pampering, letting them off etc, then theyre never going to learn. But I guess we were all noobs at one point.
    This was my mind frame.... then I was banned... Stop over estimating your contribution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro:907197
    This was my mind frame.... then I was banned... Stop over estimating your contribution.
    What does stop overestimating your contribution mean?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What does stop overestimating your contribution mean?
    Your almost there!