Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorcerer New Gears Vs Old Gears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    And yet, Demonlord items sold for 10 times the price...
    Actually, I have no idea how it is for warrior or rogue gear, but for sorcerer gear while the weapons are the same (old & new), the armors are different. For example, I got a Demonlord "of will" helm & armor and there is no Demonologist version of that, none that are even close. I'd say the new gear is superior to the old gear as far as mage helms & armors are concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, I have no idea how it is for warrior or rogue gear, but for sorcerer gear while the weapons are the same (old & new), the armors are different. For example, I got a Demonlord "of will" helm & armor and there is no Demonologist version of that, none that are even close. I'd say the new gear is superior to the old gear as far as mage helms & armors are concerned.
    The only difference between Demonologist and Demonlord gear is that there are more varieties of Demonlord armor (e.g.: "of Will"). The Clever Demonologist Bones of Security still has identical stats to the Demonlord Robe of Security.

However, there is no Clever+Security demonologist helm, while there is a Demonlord version, making that the best Sorc helm in the game.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    However, there is no Clever+Security demonologist helm, while there is a Demonlord version, making that the best Sorc helm in the game.
    "best" is subjective. Depends on your build and your goals. Even though PvP is not yet out, I put together my build for exactly that, and I'm 99% sure the "of will" version will beat the "of security" version in PvP.

If the rest of your gear (weapon, ring & amulet) is all top elite gear, then the difference between "of security" and "of will" is a 6% increase in damage vs. 14% increase in health points. Since PvP (1-on-1) is an even contest between killing the other player (i.e. your damage output) and him killing you (having health points leftover), the larger percentage increase in either one of those is what will win out.

Most sorcerers are going full INT now, so their health points are lacking. You need to make up health points somehow, and adding more STR through your gear is a good way to do it without needing to respec. For PvE, which set is better depends on who you are fighting. If you are clearing mobs, then the extra damage of the "of security" set multiplies by how many mobs you are hitting with your AoE attacks, and therefore the "of security" set will be more effective. Also, if you have a good tank and will not be hit by any attack, then it doesn't matter how many health points you have. But if you are fighting a boss and are going to get hit, then the extra health points will keep you alive longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Siri View Post

The picture explain all.
    Ty for the comparItIve screen shot