Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ugg's Pure Elite Tank Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can totally agree in one aspect Ugg, maybe since no one knows me in game really that I dont get paired with very many highend rogues or mages.

Let me ask, is a pure tank gearing better than the best end game gear for dps? I feel my stats are better than most except for Armor.

actually, my gear would have to be 75% replaced to get INT unless i drop points from base STR for base INT to figure out a good balance from losing Venge from my rotation.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I use Nexus to eliminate the need for mana from vengeful. Flap Jack is a decent alternative, but a few pots for mana would be needed.

As far as tank gear goes, it's nowhere close to the dps of damage gear. However, it adds much more survivability. At level 20 I use the agile berserker set with the sword/shield of will. For jewelry, I use the grace items that give 25 str, 10 dex, and just under 2% dodge.

The end result is slightly lower health and armor 2900 and 900 about. However, I have 11% dodge. Dodge is extremely useful when you have many things attacking you at once.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How much mana do you have in gear? I'm only at 260 since I use Venge. Also, I already have 856 Armor. How much more is needed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

True! I guess you're right regarding a test with verifiable results! Was afraid for a moment thread was going to turn into a flame war hehe.

Hmm i see where you are coming from regarding speed runs, i think our assumptions are different. You are assuming dps not do draw agro, while I am assuming the dps-ers are not concerned anout drawing, and a warrior is there for those elite maps with certain 'tricky' spots with particularly difficult pulls. The ability to kill fast is paramount because you are aiming for leaderboards, and the warrior is there mainly to tank the damage from some of the mobs. E.g. If all of the mobs in that particular pull were to hit the same target, that rogue will die due to insufficient hp/armor. But if the warrior can hold the attention of some of these mobs for a few sec, it is the difference between a successful pull, or having to rez. If you have ever tried with 4 rogues to achieve fastest time, you might understand what I mean when I stopped to question even the need for a warrior. But for those dps toonswho want to achieve non-leaderboard runs 'safely' and yet with a reasonably good time without pulling agro, or to be more accurate, having the tank re-take agro after they pull agro, than a pure taunt build might be an answer. But right now, imo for leaderboards, every bit of damage is important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

And this is why I regret choosing the warrior first.. I shoulda gone with Mage, honestly it's the simplest class to choose.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I've got one of each class at 20 and several pvp twinks ready, but my tank warrior is by far my favorite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When you are referring to tank gear, what are you referring to specifically? For the weapon it makes sense but for the helm and armor, it seems like the dps armor is the best choice for tanking armor. I'm thinking specifically of mighty berserker armor of fitness and mighty juggernaut helmet of will. They add health and armor. Can you let me know what the ideal gear is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

For armor, the stuff I have m eye on are mighty berserker helm/armor of grace. Demonlord helm/armor of grace have the exact same stats as the mighty berserker of grace, but the berserker stuff is much cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I had met a malaysian guild warrior tank in the past when lvl cap was 16.
    He worn all the juggernaut and berserker version armors but prefix is under Clever instead of mighty.
    I think his purpose in doing so it just to stack up armor points.
    He was using flapjack as his pet.
    Skill build wise is similar to reggins, axe throw, hor, jugg. So i guess his 4th would be CS too.

Conclusion? :
    He knows that he doesn't need damage at all since his role is just to taunt the boss.
    He understands that no matter how high the damage he pushes it up, taunt > dps.
    As long as his armor points are maxed out, he met his objectives.
    He went flapjack and default dual buff 2h sword which is a hp and mp generator.
    He doesn't require super godly thick health since his cheap gears can help him to survive as strong as the high-end gears version.
    Hope this info helps for the budget players.
    Last edited by Kenoon; 01-03-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.
    Guild Master of Singaporeans.
    Kenoon - Lv21 Tank Warrior.
    Hiddenleaf - Lv15 Pure Dex Ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I had tried to respec and tested this build with my guild's mage for 2 rounds in Elite Jarl map.
    Skill rotations are used in such a way i could spam and taunt once Jarl turns over to mage.
    When Jarl faces the mage, i use charged taunt skill for immediate action but Jarl is still facing the mage LOL.
    Juggernaut was used only up to 2 times during the Jarl fights in each run.
    I am using Sword & Board as suggested in this thread's guide for faster attack.
    Tried with normal attack spamming and Charged Attack scenario.
    Unfortunately i wasn't able to pull aggro from him at all despite he gave me 10seconds ahead to build up my threat.

His DPS is 275.9
    Damage is 153.3
    Int is 305

Maybe i am doing something wrong or my gears are weak or Warrior's threat/taunt is still weaker than other classes damage as what i posted under feedback section.
    Last edited by Kenoon; 01-03-2013 at 04:40 AM.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ken... for CS and AT, no need to charge. Auto attack isn't charged for bosses either. I posted my stats in another thread, and it's all in the technique. AT is the bread and butter taunt, as it guarantees they face you right away. At some point if you want me to run with your mage friend and demonstrate the build I can. Just friend me in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Recent testing is showing that Taunts DO NOT work when a mob/boss is stunned. I don't know if this is intended or a bug. I am currently using a modified version of Uggs Tank build with 4 Taunts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm just curious as to what your DPS is. I feel like with this build, it would be difficult for clearing mobs and would take forever to solo maps, resulting in huge dependability even for easy maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So my tank is lvl19 been running a lot of wt for xp grind, I noticed when I switched to this build my teammates started taking noticeably less damage... I don't think I've had a single teammate die since respeccing to uggs build. Even had several people tell me that they didn't take damage more than a handful of times and that was probably due to the casters and not being able to interrupt all of them every time. Also that they were able to go full dps without the worry of getting totally beat on. Can't wait to try this in elites, so far, it has made tanking a breeze.

over 5k kills and not a single death, not sure if that's good or not, most warriors I see with my kill count have at least 50+ deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Ken... for CS and AT, no need to charge. Auto attack isn't charged for bosses either. I posted my stats in another thread, and it's all in the technique. AT is the bread and butter taunt, as it guarantees they face you right away. At some point if you want me to run with your mage friend and demonstrate the build I can. Just friend me in game.
    You might want to PM my guildmate Monstertongue and tell him Kenoon requested him to help you do few runs for testing.
    Thank you.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

To be frank... after several testings again....
    Its the same result...

I will post my gears and stats on your that thread in terms of gear and setup in this link below:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...cter-as-of-now

My testings done were using much stronger gears with higher strength...
    I also went to buy Nexus pet for the sake of testing.
    I think there are even much stronger mages and rogues compared to my guildmates.
    I don't mind re-spec my stats etc as i'm a cash player and its interesting for me to understand other builds during the tests.

Yes, when i used Axe-throw, the boss turns over to me, but within split seconds, he turns back to my guild's mage after that immediately.
    DPS > Warrior's taunt.

I seek for everyone's help to post on feedback forum to request developer to improve on our taunt and aggro under below's feedback thread.
    Thank you!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...warrior-weapon
    Last edited by Kenoon; 01-04-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yeah... taunt mechanic needs improvement, but it works ken... aeoros posted earlier when we did testing, and he is a 21 rogue with top gear. He pulls aggro often, but my timing with the build prevents him from being hit more than once or twice, and it's only a quick regular attack never the windup.

If they made taunt guarantee aggro for 1 second, I think it would be perfect. Right now there is no room for error and it requires very effective timing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yep. But for current moment, it is still ok to lose some aggro since all classes are able to tank few hits compared to lv16 cap.
    Am under vacation mode until the next cap comes.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I tried running this build and I'm constantly loosing aggro to high DPS warriors in the 130 range. I don't think DPS can really be ignored.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It can liquid... I guarantee you no warrior can hold aggro over me... 100k bet open to anyone who wants it!