Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linuxjedi View Post
    People keep complaining that sorcs are too weak. I would say that all sorcs will spec fire, and in that case they are good ranged aoe damage. A sorcs dps will probly be pretty high against a mob of 3+. And thats ranged. In a safe zone where he should be. If a warr comes after him then he needs to have specd right or die. A warr cant ranged aoe like a mage. If a mage could reliably deal with a warrior coming at him and still ranged aoe like they do then they are op. And frankly, i dont think twice about going after a warr thats by himself. Bottom line sorcs are not really as weak as some people are making them out to be. They maybe just haven't fully realized their strengths and/or realized that you can't just make sorcs, or any class, strong in every situation and still have balance.
    Sorry... I just couldn't leave this one alone. I'm going to have to break your post down into a few of it's core points to really make fun of it effectively:

- A sorcs dps will probly be pretty high against a mob of 3+. And thats ranged. In a safe zone where he should be: Everything is ranged dude, warriors standard attacks do bow range damage, there is no 'safe zone' especially against a mob of 3.
    - If a warr comes after him then he needs to have specd right or die: Noooope, actually, if a warrior comes after you then you need to hope to god you've got a fireball charged or a friendly coming up behind you, preferably both, so that you can run like hell. Once again - our one stun skill (fireball) stops looking so impressive when compared to skyward smash which has the same range and is a closing move that also deals a stun.
    - A warr cant ranged aoe like a mage.: Actually he can do better, he can reel a mage in like a little fishy or land on his head with a damaging stun and then commence to deal a powerful AoE damage spell, easily charged by the time his stun has worn off
    - i dont think twice about going after a warr thats by himself: So you're another one of these mages who chase fearful warriors all over the map? I'm tired of being nice about this one, you're either straight up lying or you're pvping at levels 6 through 16 or something. This does not happen, a warrior sees a mage by themselves in PvP and rubs his hands together with glee, easy kill.
    - They maybe just haven't fully realized their strengths: Deep, long, unhappy sigh. Refer to page 7 for my plea from the mages to stop insulting our intelligence, we have fully realised our strengths and I mean FULLY. We've worked so hard with what we've got, making the tiniest changes squeezing the smallest percentages more out of our builds and gear and we know how to stand back behind a line of fighting and sling spells.

In conclusion - have you checked the new leaderboards recently?
    Last edited by Tribalware; 01-23-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.